U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 04:30 PM

5,475 posts, read 6,184,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiinaP View Post
Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to immigrate to Canada via "self-employment" route as a farmer, so that the farm would be purchased after immigration and with use of a loan for this purpose?

My husband and I live currently in Finland, but due ever tightening legislation on farming and owning guns/hunting and other reasons, we have been considering on moving away from here. We did own a farm, but the low prizes we get from our produce and high prizes of fuel and seeds forced us to sell our plots away, since we were on a verge of bankruptcy. My husband is a professional farmer (3 years of secondary degree school for this) and qualified organic farmer (requirement to sell products as organic) and I'm a professional groom (horses) with an emphasis on entrepreneurship and a high school diploma.
All the immigrant farmers I'm aware of came with a lot of money to invest into their farms. At some point they probably took out loans to expand their farms, but they usually had a million Canadian dollars to begin with. Farm land in Canada has increased tremendously in value over the last 15 or so years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 06:50 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,269,510 times
question: I know Canada can and has not allowed americans with dui enter Canada. what is the standard for misdemeanors say, a DIP (drunk in public)?

Old 12-10-2015, 09:42 PM

2,202 posts, read 1,318,643 times
Many cells are just above the US border into Canada so maybe the immigrating jihadists will make friends and go northern fishing eh?

Old 02-04-2016, 01:44 PM

3 posts, read 7,927 times
Hi guys,

Once you are deported from Canada, does this show up on your police record?

Thanks!

Old 02-04-2016, 07:42 PM

6,015 posts, read 5,791,876 times
Yes.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:21 AM

1 posts, read 5,947 times
Is there a way to legally sponsor an adult sibling in their mid-20s who has grade 10 education but is fluent in English? Would sending him to ESL classes in Canada get his foot in the door?

Old 05-25-2016, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,831 times
Default Entering Canada with a misdemeanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
question: I know Canada can and has not allowed americans with dui enter Canada. what is the standard for misdemeanor say, a DIP (drunk in public)?
Hi BarqCider, A person with a DIP would likely have no problem entering Canada because that is not a Criminal Code Offence. However, there is an criminal offence under Section 175 (Causing a disturbance). It's possible that this could be part of the charge. In that case, it would be a summary offence (similar to a misdemeanor.) A person with one summary offence would likely still be able to enter Canada. Any more than that and they may need a TRP or Criminal Rehabilitation application. Feel free to visit our site for a free consultation if it would help. https://pardonservicescanada.com/:)

Old 05-25-2016, 06:28 PM

6,015 posts, read 5,791,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD sis View Post
Is there a way to legally sponsor an adult sibling in their mid-20s who has grade 10 education but is fluent in English? Would sending him to ESL classes in Canada get his foot in the door?
Need more information. What country is the adult sibling in? Get his foot in what door? If the sibling is already fluent in English what would be the reason for sending him to ESL classes in Canada?

Old 10-31-2016, 09:36 AM

3,221 posts, read 2,692,801 times
American looking to move to Toronto. Was trying to apply for permanent residency and thought I needed 67 points. Took the IELTS, scored a band of 8.5, and had my college education assessed. Saturday I went to apply and took the CIC suggestion of applying for federal skilled workers. I now have 438 points. What does this mean? Can I apply for PR? It said the minimum points required were met. Do I need to apply for work first? HELP!

Old 11-01-2016, 02:07 PM

1,746 posts, read 4,517,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
American looking to move to Toronto. Was trying to apply for permanent residency and thought I needed 67 points. Took the IELTS, scored a band of 8.5, and had my college education assessed. Saturday I went to apply and took the CIC suggestion of applying for federal skilled workers. I now have 438 points. What does this mean? Can I apply for PR? It said the minimum points required were met. Do I need to apply for work first? HELP!
If they like you, they will send you invitation to apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or