U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,217 times

Advertisements

Hello, l am a 29 years old ltalian woman. In novembwr 2016 l got a PhD in Chemical Sciences in Dublin,lreland. Then l move d back to ltaly for getting married and looking for job. Unfortunately after 1 whole year l could not find any job so frustrated l started thinking to leave and move to Canada (Toronto or Montreal area)
I can only speak fluent English and a bit of French as well. Do you think l can find a job with my degree? What about the work permit, is it possible to get it before getting hired by an employer? Could you also give me links where l can find all the requirements for it? Thank you a lot in advance for your help. Fadwa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 11:54 AM

5 posts, read 4,972 times
Hey All,

Thanks for creating this wonderful thread which helps for all new aspirants of Canada as an option to live and work.

My case sure would match with many over here in this forum. I am on L1B in US and so far I haven't been lucky in getting my H1B picked up in the lottery. My current visa validity is only till Oct 2018 and hence have started to think of working from Canada for 1 yr (mandatory cool-off) from same company and same team. Later after 1 year I can return back to US on fresh L1B or if I am lucky enough to have my H1B selected this year I can come on that visa too.

My manager has agreed for this arrangement and I have started looking for initial information that I can start off with to gain more knowledge on this working from Canada for the same employer but with different location/country.

Nevertheless to say the feelings of uselessness that hovers on our minds whenever it's time to relocate Already this is my second term on L1B and over all I have spent 8 years in TX, US same company different positions. I know I am riding over an inconsistent wave where in there is no guarantees made anywhere except the fact that you are currently working. As of now the arrangement is to work in Canada and then later reapply on fresh L1B.

I have got my wife and 2 american citizen kids (8yr old and 2 yr old boys) whom I need to relocate along with me.

So with this background in mind here are few queries I need your help with :

1. From other responses I see that applying for a Canadian work visa/PRs on own is taking more time than getting the visa through employer. Is this correct ?

2. What are the best cities to live in Canada in terms of good elementary school, weather, safety, healthy conditions etc ?

3. Assuming that my job stays safe and I will be working in Canada for about 1 year, have any of you gone through similar situation and then came back to USA on fresh L1B or H1B visas ? Did you face any kind of issues during re-entry ?

4. We have constructed a new home in TX (not sure good or bad) and I understood from my realtor that it's going to be too much of loss to sell the house so only way out is to rent it out and give it to property managers till we return back to US. With this in mind, how do you manage to pay the monthly mortgages and other monthly payments from Canada to US banks ? Any kinds of issues faced in this regard ?

5. I know we need to think of living expenses over there in Canada and then keep paying for monthly payments for all the mess we have got over here in US. Assuming you get a decent salary package over there in Canada do any of you have gone through similar kind of phase in your career ? If so how difficult it's to juggle between 2 country living with 1 income ?

6. As of now my manager doesn't know if they can cover our moving/relocation expenses from US to Canada. So how much approximately I need to plan for as part of this relocation expenses, renting an apartment over there and other basic stuffs ?

7. Can we move our household stuffs from US to Canada including our Cars ? If yes any limitations or any kind of issues you might have faced while doing so ?

Sometimes I really feel that we shouldn't have been bitten by this NRI syndrome at all in our lives Once you are bitten then you won't be able to relocate back to your home country and even if you relocate you always tend to move from there again due to various reasons.

Appreciate all your time in helping me find some answers. Any starting links to get more information also would be of great help.

Thanks again in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or