U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 05:37 PM

13 posts, read 21,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure_Girl View Post
Has immigration to Canada become harder the past few years? Has getting a permanent visa for US citizens become harder? (What if you've been living in Canada with family illegally without paperwork for a year now?) if you tell them you've been here for business for a year, will they ask for proof? Also,is there a way/ how can someone in this situation legally start preparing for paperwork and all IF they've already lived in Montreal for a year now illegally.
Harder? maybe in Ontario, BC and Alberta. A lot easier in Manitoba and Nova Scotia.
If you've been living illegally that won't help you, it only works in america and you have to be mexican for that :P
If you really wanna immigrate to Canada the fastest and easiest track is by study there. It basically goes like this: study for at least 8 months>getting an open work permit>becoming PR>becoming citizen.
you should check the NOC list, if your occupation is either 0, A or B it'll be a lot easier for you to immigrate. If not- you're gonna have to study in Nova Scotia or Manitoba, the only provinces that don't care about the NOC lol but you're still gonna have to work in a position related to what you studied for 3 months I think and then u can start the process to become PR, it takes around 10 months.
If u already have a bachelor's degree u can go to grad school or just do a post graduation program in college.. if u don't have bachelor's degree u can get a 1 or 2 years diploma.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 PM

9,109 posts, read 12,650,893 times
MexiQuebec:

do you have a license as an immigration agent in Canada?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:28 PM

179 posts, read 238,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
MexiQuebec:

do you have a license as an immigration agent in Canada?
Nope, I'm just a soon-to-land immigrant that has been dealing with the nightmare that is immigration for over 2 years.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:37 PM

9,109 posts, read 12,650,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexiQuebecois View Post
Nope, I'm just a soon-to-land immigrant that has been dealing with the nightmare that is immigration for over 2 years.
Ah okay. As long as people know this.. Yiu never know as immigration laws are subject to change at any time.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Ah okay. As long as people know this.. Yiu never know as immigration laws are subject to change at any time.
Of course... I am by no means a professional. If I was, I wouldn't be sharing what I know on a forum, I'd be charging for the info

This is the purpose of this thread, basically to get here all the off-topic questions about immigration with people with 1 post that you find in virtually EVERY THREAD. Honestly it's annoying as hell and I rather have this thread to discuss all of that and to try to help people.

Everyone is free to come here and discuss any relevant changes to immigration or anything else, as the title of the thread suggests.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:05 AM

3,062 posts, read 4,247,793 times
I think a one-stop shop thread on immigration to Canada is a great idea and henceforth all questions on immigration will be added to this thread. For those of you that have expressed concerns, I agree that we need to be careful and have added a disclaimer at the beginning of this thread.

Last edited by sunshineleith; 05-10-2012 at 05:04 AM..

Old 05-17-2012, 02:06 AM

200 posts, read 254,233 times
Yeah it's really hard to move to Canada or any country for that matter. Anybody else find bureaucratic immigration frustrating? I've been trying to leave the u.s. for several years now. I'm in school now. I plan to do grad school in Canada and get work permit and P.R. afterwards.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:44 AM

349 posts, read 521,784 times
Great idea, but you know ofcourse people are still going to post their immigration questions elsewhere in their own threads anyway. It bothers me when posters say that other posters are "annoying" them. But now if you get tired of answering the same questions over and over, you could always just post a link to this thread.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 AM

3,062 posts, read 4,247,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luhts View Post
Great idea, but you know of course people are still going to post their immigration questions elsewhere in their own threads anyway...
Yes, and they'll be merged into this one.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
Yeah it's really hard to move to Canada or any country for that matter. Anybody else find bureaucratic immigration frustrating? I've been trying to leave the u.s. for several years now. I'm in school now. I plan to do grad school in Canada and get work permit and P.R. afterwards.
Immigration is a nightmare, it's honestly one of the most stressful things I've had to do. I kind of have a bittersweet opinion about immigration to Canada. I do appreciate the fact that not just anyone can move there, and that's why it's so hard, but on the other hand, I'm also affected by all the procedures.

Today I went to get my fingerprints taken for a federal police check/records that I need to finalize my process, and it was a pain (though this is Mexican bureaucracy) First I had to hand in a whole bunch of documents, then they sent me across the city (Mexico City, so a huge distance) just to get the fingerprints, I spent at least 3 hours doing everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada