U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 04:04 PM

25 posts, read 74,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Partners remote working situation might get a bit complex as Canada will want him to file income tax returns and he will probably be required to pay Canadian income tax on monies earned.
Thanks a lot for your response! I figured there would be some income tax payments involved, which is fine... we fully expected that. Does anyone have any idea what tax rate (approximate) would apply?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 12:50 AM

5 posts, read 55,977 times
Default Qubec Immigration - Indian Family

Hi All,
I am new to this forum. I stay in India and I am IT professional. I have 7+ exp in Software testing and currently testing an application for Property management company in Canada. My wife is also an IT professional having 5+ years of software testing exp.

We are planning to apply for Qubec visa so need information related to that. We have joined french class. We are Indian family, me, my wife and 2 years old son.

Quality of life:
Schools/Universities:
Language:
History/Culture:
Climate:
Enterteiment/Nightlife:
Shopping:
Architecture/Scenary diversity:
Economy/Government:
Friendliness/People:
Unique/Interesting:

IT jobs in Qubec:
Creche:-

Where would you rather live?
Where would you rather visit?
If I apply for Qubeck, once I get PR can I work and stay anywhere in Canada? Also in that case will get all the medical and other benefits?

Please help me.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:57 AM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times
First thing you might want to do is learn how to spell the word Quebec correctly, next you might want to contact people in the Indian community to see if they can give you any tips on immigrating to Quebec,,
And how come Montreal and not Toronto?

Immigration = Quebec
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/

immigration Canada =
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

a few other helpful sites
Montreal Indian community it feels like home

Little India Montreal !

MontrealIndians************************* - Organizations

Good Luck

Last edited by jambo101; 07-02-2012 at 05:06 AM..

Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 AM

7,827 posts, read 10,351,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisGray View Post
Wow, very helpful responses from everyone, especially sunshineleith and Vichel. I've "added to reputation" for both of you, and I'll take a week or so to try and get all of my applications and such in order. If by then I still have any questions, I'll make sure to come back and ask you all.

Thanks so much.
Just be aware that you may be better off applying for your US citizenship first. If you leave and move to Canada, you will be potentially giving up your permanent residency in the US. It is definitely worth your while to consult an immigration attorney before leaving.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Angry Typo..

Ooppps.. Typo.. my mistake , need to do spell check

thanks for the reply. But can you please answer me all my questions. That will be great help for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
First thing you might want to do is learn how to spell the word Quebec correctly, next you might want to contact people in the Indian community to see if they can give you any tips on immigrating to Quebec,,
And how come Montreal and not Toronto?

Immigration = Quebec
Immigration-Québec - Home Page

immigration Canada =
Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada

a few other helpful sites
Montreal Indian community it feels like home

Little India Montreal !

MontrealIndians************************* - Organizations

Good Luck

Old 07-02-2012, 01:56 PM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaustubh22 View Post
Ooppps.. Typo.. my mistake , need to do spell check

thanks for the reply. But can you please answer me all my questions. That will be great help for me..
Thats a lot of work you are asking there old buddy maybe some one else can rise to the challenge.

Quote:
Quality of life:
Schools/Universities:
Language:
History/Culture:
Climate:
Enterteiment/Nightlife:
Shopping:
Economy/Government:
Friendliness/People:
Unique/Interesting:

IT jobs in Qubec:

If I apply for Qubeck, once I get PR can I work and stay anywhere in Canada? Also in that case will get all the medical and other benefits?

Old 07-02-2012, 05:51 PM

1,269 posts, read 3,320,454 times
Quote:
Hi All,
I am new to this forum.
I stay in India and I am IT professional. I have 7+ exp in Software testing and currently testing an application for Property management company in Canada. My wife is also an IT professional having 5+ years of software testing exp.

We are planning to apply for Qubec visa so need information related to that. We have joined french class. We are Indian family, me, my wife and 2 years old son.

Cost of living:
Quality of life:
Schools/Universities:
Language:
History/Culture:
Climate:
Enterteiment/Nightlife:
Shopping:
Economy/Government:
Friendliness/People:
Unique/Interesting:

IT jobs in Qubec:

Please help me.
Do a search of your topics on the sub-forums. Many of which have been covered before. You have plenty of time to do your due diligence. Come back in 6 months' time, that is when both Ottawa and Quebec will accept fresh applications.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:46 AM

3,970 posts, read 8,618,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
Canada is very much like the U.S.A. in that setting up your own business you have very few immigration barriers
The US has huge barriers and requirements for setting up your own buisness as a Canadian, I know because I did it. Let's hope for the OP's sake, Canada is easier.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:12 AM

Hi,

I have tried to search the similar topics but I am not able to get the result. Can you or someone send me the link in which they have covered my questions?

Also, currently I am working for a Canadian project, I stay in India. If i ask for my company for the working visa, will that be the easy option. After how many days I can apply for PR.

Please help.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:44 AM

3,970 posts, read 8,618,749 times
I don't think it's days, I think it's years. You really need a consultation with an immigration lawyer, most offer the first consult free.

Quote:
Hi,

After how many days I can apply for PR.

Please help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or