U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After viewing the video (in post 1), would you do the CN Tower Edge Walk?
Yes 7 43.75%
No 7 43.75%
Maybe/Undecided 0 0%
Only when I am really old and okay with dying! 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:14 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,483,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
You have a fear of heights and you would do that? I don't have a fear of heights and I almost threw up watching the video! LOL

Bungee I would do.
Skydive - never.
You don't have a fear of heights yet they terrify you, that makes sense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 10:13 PM

4,063 posts, read 9,133,379 times
No way, I couldn't even watch.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:13 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,169,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You don't have a fear of heights yet they terrify you, that makes sense!
What terrifies me is the thought of falling, not the actual height! I can go up in high towers with glass walls or a railing with no problem because I know I am not going to fall, but it's the "nothing between me and the ground faaaaaaaaaaar below? My father is so scared of heights that when they built their new house with a bedroom on the second floor, he barely slept for a month. Now that's a fear of heights

Old 05-26-2012, 06:10 AM

179 posts, read 663,188 times
Quote:
What terrifies me is the thought of falling, not the actual height! I can go up in high towers with glass walls or a railing with no problem because I know I am not going to fall, but it's the "nothing between me and the ground faaaaaaaaaaar below? My father is so scared of heights that when they built their new house with a bedroom on the second floor, he barely slept for a month. Now that's a fear of heights
I'm afraid of heights to the point that I can't look down from a balcony. Well, I can, but I will not even step into one if there's someone else there with me (especially behind me), I feel they're gonna push me, and this could be my wife, dad, uncle, etc. I remember the glass floor in the CN tower, I had such a hard time walking on it, while you have 5 year old kids jumping on it. Definitely an embarrassing moment

Old 05-26-2012, 08:04 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,483,001 times
Quote:
Well isn't a large part of the fear of heights the fear of falling? Maybe you just don't want to admit you're a little afraid? Actually a lot of my has little to do with any imagined possibility of falling. The vertigo can be enough, but it's definitely a combination of the two that really gives you the heebie-jeebies. I would probably have at least 99% trust that that rope wouldn't snap or something.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:48 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,169,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well isn't a large part of the fear of heights the fear of falling? Maybe you just don't want to admit you're a little afraid? Actually a lot of my has little to do with any imagined possibility of falling. The vertigo can be enough, but it's definitely a combination of the two that really gives you the heebie-jeebies. I would probably have at least 99% trust that that rope wouldn't snap or something.
I have no problem admitting I am afraid of things that I am actually afraid of. I know people with a fear of heights - some of them can't even handle elevators - and they certainly wouldn't even be able to go up the inside of the CN Tower.

My one phobia is drowning.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:31 PM

7,189 posts, read 11,245,949 times
They opened that attraction right when I was visiting Toronto. I don't know if I can do it. I am definitely afraid of heights. The glass floor was good enough for me. In fact, standing on the sidewalk and looking straight up the tower was good enough too!

Old 06-15-2012, 01:22 AM

1,376 posts, read 2,520,368 times
Whoa that looks intense, but I might try it.
I remember when I went to the CN Tower, I was 10 years old and going to walk on the glass floor. After 20 minutes, I finally got up the courage, and some lady in 6 inch stiletto heels starts walking across. I was like "nope".

Old 06-15-2012, 07:05 AM

368 posts, read 302,070 times
Absolutely not am I doing that edgewalk!
I was afraid of the glass floor when I was 8, but was fine on subsequent visits to the tower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or