U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2012, 11:45 PM
 
312 posts, read 946,451 times
Reputation: 151

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
There's no such thing as a pure capitalistic country.
In todays time, The U.S.A and China are some prime examples of pure capitalism.

Last edited by ExtremeMan8; 06-14-2012 at 12:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2012, 12:27 AM
 
1,723 posts, read 5,143,352 times
Reputation: 1351
No, both the U.S. and China are more like crony capitalism/fascism. It is not pure capitalism. They selectively enforce against those who don't play ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2012, 12:46 AM
 
1,317 posts, read 2,034,313 times
Reputation: 1132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeMan8 View Post
In todays time, The U.S.A and China are some prime examples of pure capitalism.
It is genuinely regrettable that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2012, 12:59 AM
 
218 posts, read 445,188 times
Reputation: 322
The US is an not an example of pure capitalism, the US is an example of the the inevitable result of capitalism: the rich control the government and make the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2012, 01:07 AM
 
Location: The heart of Cascadia
1,328 posts, read 2,651,495 times
Reputation: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post
The US is an not an example of pure capitalism, the US is an example of the the inevitable result of capitalism: the rich control the government and make the rules.
They have become the pigs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2012, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
65 posts, read 161,614 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This I agree with. One way or another, money is going to fly out of your wallet. There is no free lunch
Well, to be clear...I'm not sure about how Canada works. However, here in the U.S. There's alot of people I know that is ON government assistances, like foodstamps and Social Security. Which the Social Security gives those people FREE healthcare. Although, the S.S. pays for it. So, yeah those unemployed people wallets or purses stay full of money, depends if they are smart or not to spend their money wisely. Unless, they have to get prescriptions then, medicare pays most of the bill and charge the unemployed people about less then 10%. That depends on circumstances. Overall, there is an insistence of free lunch for U.S. unemployed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2012, 06:29 PM
 
312 posts, read 946,451 times
Reputation: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
It is genuinely regrettable that you have no idea what you are talking about.
I'm just stating my opinion. No need to get so defensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2012, 11:27 AM
 
1,317 posts, read 2,034,313 times
Reputation: 1132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeMan8 View Post
I'm just stating my opinion. No need to get so defensive.
I'm not really being defensive. Neither the United States of America nor the People's Republic of China are examples of pure capitalist countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2012, 12:44 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,051 times
Reputation: 18
As a dual citizen, i am going to move back to Canada from the States. Canada may have its problems but the U.S takes the cake.

As stated earlier, the rich have too much power over government in the U.S. Just look up the Citizens United Ruling by the Supreme Court in 2010.

I will believe the changes to the U.S. medical system when I see it. Insurance companies have a huge amount of power and they are not going to go down easy.

I am a self employed businessman who can't even get insurance because of "pre existing conditions." I don't smoke or drink and am not overweight.I have a few issues such as bad knees but the insurance companies refuse to insure me at any price. That shows you how much power the insurance companies have. It is not for the good of the people in the U.S. It is for the good who ever has the most money.
the insurance companies have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2012, 01:52 PM
 
205 posts, read 838,840 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlk9965 View Post
As a dual citizen, i am going to move back to Canada from the States. Canada may have its problems but the U.S takes the cake.

As stated earlier, the rich have too much power over government in the U.S. Just look up the Citizens United Ruling by the Supreme Court in 2010.

I will believe the changes to the U.S. medical system when I see it. Insurance companies have a huge amount of power and they are not going to go down easy.

I am a self employed businessman who can't even get insurance because of "pre existing conditions." I don't smoke or drink and am not overweight.I have a few issues such as bad knees but the insurance companies refuse to insure me at any price. That shows you how much power the insurance companies have. It is not for the good of the people in the U.S. It is for the good who ever has the most money.
the insurance companies have.
I agree! A little know fact is a lot of U.S. corporations are self-insured and using insurance companies as an administrative front, so they can discreetly make money by cutting benefits and denying coverage, since they manage the funds. So if you or a love one get really sick they maybe motivated to let you go somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top