U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-31-2012, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Canada
5,687 posts, read 6,531,390 times
Reputation: 8188

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
What conference is your football team in again?
We have a football team? They have conferences?

(I don't do sports. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-31-2012, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Hougary, Texberta
8,565 posts, read 11,062,540 times
Reputation: 10265
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
We have a football team? They have conferences?

(I don't do sports. )
You don't really have a team, just the Blue Bombers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
21,937 posts, read 27,320,303 times
Reputation: 8601
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
What conference is your football team in again?
Many in Manitoba have never gotten over the fact that the Bombers are in the "east". And the only reason they were ever in the east is because the folding of Montreal (and then Ottawa) left too few teams in the east (vs. the west.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2012, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Hougary, Texberta
8,565 posts, read 11,062,540 times
Reputation: 10265
I know the why's. I was just taking a poke at netwit for not wanting to be called an easterner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2012, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Canada
5,687 posts, read 6,531,390 times
Reputation: 8188
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
You don't really have a team, just the Blue Bombers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Many in Manitoba have never gotten over the fact that the Bombers are in the "east". And the only reason they were ever in the east is because the folding of Montreal (and then Ottawa) left too few teams in the east (vs. the west.)
Well, once I thought about it, I just knew if there was something eastern about Manitoba, even in sports, it had to be a nefarious plot by the jerks back east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I know the why's. I was just taking a poke at netwit for not wanting to be called an easterner.
Typical Albertan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2012, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
21,937 posts, read 27,320,303 times
Reputation: 8601
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Well, once I thought about it, I just knew if there was something eastern about Manitoba, even in sports, it had to be a nefarious plot by the jerks back east.


Don't you mean "over there in the centre"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2012, 02:24 PM
 
Location: The heart of Cascadia
1,328 posts, read 2,648,007 times
Reputation: 815
You know Kenora is closer to British Columbia than it is to Ottawa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Hougary, Texberta
8,565 posts, read 11,062,540 times
Reputation: 10265
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Well, once I thought about it, I just knew if there was something eastern about Manitoba, even in sports, it had to be a nefarious plot by the jerks back east.



Typical Albertan.
It's worse than that. I'm a Texan now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 AM
 
707 posts, read 572,252 times
Reputation: 284
Canada is East or West and there has never really been a central. With that being said the divider is Ontario and Manitoba. Economically too. The west is mainly natural rersourses. The east is mainly manufacturing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Canada
4,698 posts, read 8,484,166 times
Reputation: 4877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
Canada is East or West and there has never really been a central. With that being said the divider is Ontario and Manitoba. Economically too. The west is mainly natural rersourses. The east is mainly manufacturing.
No, only some Westerners view Canada like that. People from Quebec, Ontario, and Atlantic Canada view Ontario and Quebec as Central Canada which is mainly what you say, and view Eastern Canada or Atlantic Canada as the Maritimes + Newfoundland which is big into fishing and agriculture and is very different economically and historically from the Central Canadian provinces, which were Canada before confederation and so separate from the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top