U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 04:42 PM

1,723 posts, read 5,147,182 times

Advertisements

Any hotels anywhere in Toronto will be perfectly safe for kids. The choice would come more down to the individual hotel, e.g. Best Westerns or Holiday Inns might be a better bet than a "Canadas Best Value Inn" (cheap motel) for example. However, you should try to stay downtown so you'll get to experience the city life and be close to the bigger attractions. We usually save money by staying near the airport, but then we drive everywhere and we don't really need to "experience" the urban life in Toronto since we've been there plenty of times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 05:27 PM

4,063 posts, read 9,133,379 times
You definately don't want them to end up on Lakeshore Rd. or Kingston Rd. East in a drug/hooker motel, so those wouldn't be areas I'd choose with kids.
To the OP, I'd ask the hotel/motel if it's family friendly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Any hotels anywhere in Toronto will be perfectly safe for kids. The choice would come more down to the individual hotel, e.g. Best Westerns or Holiday Inns might be a better bet than a "Canadas Best Value Inn" (cheap motel) for example. However, you should try to stay downtown so you'll get to experience the city life and be close to the bigger attractions. We usually save money by staying near the airport, but then we drive everywhere and we don't really need to "experience" the urban life in Toronto since we've been there plenty of times.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:45 AM

108 posts, read 218,782 times
Well, I was actually thinking about renting a vacation home. Since we plan to stay for 2 or 3 weeks, I thought it would nice to rent a place that's big and comfortable enough for the 4 of us. Plenty of room for the kids to run around! Most of the places I saw for rent, were in those areas I mentioned on the previous page. I'm glad you told me about Kingston Rd, because I thought I saw a place for rent near there!

Old 06-03-2012, 06:50 PM

364 posts, read 1,011,328 times
Did you Google "extended stay hotels" in Toronto? That way you could get one with a kitchen but still have the benefits of maid service and be close to everything downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or