U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-30-2015, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
5,746 posts, read 3,212,798 times
Reputation: 7205

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
This phenomenon is the source of many of our respective cultural differences. When I become sufficiently impatient with my Canadian friends for their smugness, I propose that we switch borders, and let them live next to Mexico instead of the US...
Good job. And point out to them that their smugness about "illegal Mexicans" ("Mexicans" being the operative word; see post below) is racist. And do it BEFORE they begin their usual rants about American racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Illegal immigrants? Mainly mexican I'm willing to bet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-30-2015, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,521 posts, read 20,918,694 times
Reputation: 13858
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Good job. And point out to them that their smugness about "illegal Mexicans" ("Mexicans" being the operative word; see post below) is racist. And do it BEFORE they begin their usual rants about American racism.
Oh, I'm willing to cut Canadians some slack. I have never met people who are collectively so courteous and kind. I'm willing to overlook occasional myopia. I just ask that they occasionally overlook ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2015, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,153,795 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Oh, I'm willing to cut Canadians some slack. I have never met people who are collectively so courteous and kind. I'm willing to overlook occasional myopia. I just ask that they occasionally overlook ours.
Its not just a one way street Yeledaf (I've read your posts as well and you don't strike me as petty or unreasonable at all so I respect your posts) but we Canadians constantly have to deal with this on these forums..

look at this Pollazo guy

traveling to cuba

now we are 'lower' class than Cubans for example...

Look at this one...

What are the differences between a White American and a White Canadian?

Its constant and relentless (Canada is mediocre, the weather sucks, Canada has no culture, Canada is going to split up any day, Canadians are socialist wacko's, Canadians have to wait a decade to see a Doctor and no brain surgery is performed here, Canadians have an inferiority complex and are jealous of U.S military might, Canadians have a funny accent and say aboot why etc etc etc etc) and you don't typically see Canadians going into the U.S forums constantly fanning flames so excuse us every once and awhile when we say to some of these loons - hey wait a second here and defend Canada a bit - if you mistake that for smugness well... Look at what we have to deal with in here lol...

Honestly - if Canada was as large as the U.S and located in the same geographical location we'd probably have very parallel histories...

Last edited by fusion2; 05-30-2015 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2015, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,697 posts, read 8,771,886 times
Reputation: 7314
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Its not just a one way street Yeledaf (I've read your posts as well and you don't strike me as petty or unreasonable at all so I respect your posts) but we Canadians constantly have to deal with this on these forums..

look at this Pollazo guy

traveling to cuba

now we are 'lower' class than Cubans for example...

Look at this one...

What are the differences between a White American and a White Canadian?

Its constant and relentless (Canada is mediocre, the weather sucks, Canada has no culture, Canada is going to split up any day, Canadians are socialist wacko's, Canadians have to wait a decade to see a Doctor and no brain surgery is performed here, Canadians have an inferiority complex and are jealous of U.S military might, Canadians have a funny accent and say aboot why etc etc etc etc) and you don't typically see Canadians going into the U.S forums constantly fanning flames so excuse us every once and awhile when we say to some of these loons - hey wait a second here and defend Canada a bit - if you mistake that for smugness well... Look at what we have to deal with in here lol...

Honestly - if Canada was as large as the U.S and located in the same geographical location we'd probably have very parallel histories...
Were are not allowed to defend Canada. That includes of course Vancouver and Toronto. People who have never visited, or have been to one place in Canada, know better than us. Of course ANY survey done that puts Canada in a higher place than the USA is also suspect. I mean, how can that be ?

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2015, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,521 posts, read 20,918,694 times
Reputation: 13858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Were are not allowed to defend Canada. That includes of course Vancouver and Toronto. People who have never visited, or have been to one place in Canada, know better than us. Of course ANY survey done that puts Canada in a higher place than the USA is also suspect. I mean, how can that be ?

LOL
Well, you are higher than us. Geographically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2015, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,697 posts, read 8,771,886 times
Reputation: 7314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Well, you are higher than us. Geographically.
...well you do have Alaska
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2015, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,521 posts, read 20,918,694 times
Reputation: 13858
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Its not just a one way street Yeledaf (I've read your posts as well and you don't strike me as petty or unreasonable at all so I respect your posts) but we Canadians constantly have to deal with this on these forums..

look at this Pollazo guy

traveling to cuba

now we are 'lower' class than Cubans for example...

Look at this one...

What are the differences between a White American and a White Canadian?

Its constant and relentless (Canada is mediocre, the weather sucks, Canada has no culture, Canada is going to split up any day, Canadians are socialist wacko's, Canadians have to wait a decade to see a Doctor and no brain surgery is performed here, Canadians have an inferiority complex and are jealous of U.S military might, Canadians have a funny accent and say aboot why etc etc etc etc) and you don't typically see Canadians going into the U.S forums constantly fanning flames so excuse us every once and awhile when we say to some of these loons - hey wait a second here and defend Canada a bit - if you mistake that for smugness well... Look at what we have to deal with in here lol...

Honestly - if Canada was as large as the U.S and located in the same geographical location we'd probably have very parallel histories...
Well, there are a lot more of us than there are of you, so our gross number of ignorant yahoos is going to be proportionately greater.

And try to keep in mind that when you walk by an asylum at night, all you can hear is the maniacs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2015, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,521 posts, read 20,918,694 times
Reputation: 13858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
...well you do have Alaska
Damn. Forgot!

Hey, we got you surrounded! Drop that syrup!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2015, 03:17 PM
 
1,317 posts, read 2,035,034 times
Reputation: 1132
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Its constant and relentless (Canada is mediocre, the weather sucks, Canada has no culture, Canada is going to split up any day, Canadians are socialist wacko's, Canadians have to wait a decade to see a Doctor and no brain surgery is performed here, Canadians have an inferiority complex and are jealous of U.S military might, Canadians have a funny accent and say aboot why etc etc etc etc) and you don't typically see Canadians going into the U.S forums constantly fanning flames so excuse us every once and awhile when we say to some of these loons - hey wait a second here and defend Canada a bit - if you mistake that for smugness well... Look at what we have to deal with in here lol...
Don't confuse an Internet forum populated by trolls and other social misfits with the real world, fusion2. I lived in the United States for a few years and not once did any of the Americans I encountered start spouting off about any of the things you've recited here. I might have brought up one or two of them myself, but the Americans? Nope. Not once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2015, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
5,746 posts, read 3,212,798 times
Reputation: 7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
Don't confuse an Internet forum populated by trolls and other social misfits with the real world, fusion2. I lived in the United States for a few years and not once did any of the Americans I encountered start spouting off about any of the things you've recited here. I might have brought up one or two of them myself, but the Americans? Nope. Not once.

Been here 18 years, and my experience has been the same as mac's was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top