Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 12:56 PM

218 posts, read 506,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmaq32 View Post
I'm pretty sure we got both extremes in the country, those that won't even use the internet out of fear of google, and those that move from bengladesh, just to live like the cats on jershey shore.

I do think people are slightly less aware of money for better or worst, interest rates, don't seem to mean alot to people unless there heavily in debt. Which from what I understand is far more commonly understood in the states. Maybe I just happen to live in a rural area were it's a bit more extreme, but people here have wacky ideas what an investment is.
I was mostly referring to things like commercials, in the US it seems every ad is about money, and 1/3 if not half are about some kind of insurance policy; this certainly does not seem to be the case in Europe. Even food commercials seem to emphasize price over quality in the US (the opposite is true in Europe).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 01:18 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,280,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
The traffic lights are painted yellow. Though that's the case in much of the eastern 3/4 of the US, and isn't the case in the Maritimes and Quebec.

Oh yeah and Tim Hortons everywhere, the streets tend to have less potholes too I've noticed.
Traffic lights are yellow in the Maritimes. (Video of Moncton) Driving Riverview and Downtown Moncton, New Brunswick [WINTER] - YouTube
Halifax: http://youtu.be/g-1uscAqfqk?t=39s (You might get dizzy watching this one!)

Old 06-04-2012, 03:40 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmaq32 View Post
Or basically that's all he did. You can goto canada, and pretend it's the exact same place, or you can get to know people and you'll realize it's different. Just as texas can be very different from california, ontario is very different from alberta. My point is that the border like most is just a imaginary line.
That sure isn't the case where I live. Niagara Falls Ontario is a beautiful city. Go across the bridge to NF NY and it's pathetic. There just is not any comparison at all.

I feel a major difference where ever it is I cross the border and I have crossed almost all of them rght across the country.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:25 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,179,198 times
The girls seem prettier on average.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:04 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
I wonder if Americans notice the almost total lack of Canadian Political discussion by comparison to American hysteria on the subject.I'm on a few Canadian forums and theres nothing equivalent to the Politics section thats here on CD.. Also bringing up political topics with Canadian friends usually gets them wanting to change the subject asap..

Old 06-05-2012, 01:06 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
The girls seem prettier on average.
More trim, more feminine.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock67 View Post
Canada is much cleaner.

U.S. has better and cheaper shopping options.

In Canada you see a lot more people riding bicycles to get around.

The U.S. is more self-centered. Always looking inward...unlike Canada.

Canada is more liberal than the U.S.
Canada does not have better and cheaper shopping options, quite the opposite.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:06 AM

468 posts, read 785,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Crock posted that the United States DOES "have better and cheaper shopping options".
Does that mean Canadians cross the border to buy beer?

God bless,

CKB

Old 06-05-2012, 10:41 AM

207 posts, read 926,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
That is not what I said. Please read my quote again.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:46 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock67 View Post
That is not what I said. Please read my quote again.
My bad, sorry about the mistake, I should have re-read before posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada