Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 12:10 PM

26,756 posts, read 37,644,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I dunno AJ... I see A LOT of QC lic plates in Toronto and I mean A LOT

If I don't see an Ontario plate on the road in the GTA it will be this order

1) Quebec - easily number 1
2) New York State
3) Michigan State
4) Illinois
5) Pennsylvania and Ohio
6) Alberta

Of course the U.S for me is just so close.. I've mentioned this before - an 8-9 hour drive from T.O will get me to NYC, Chicago, Philly, Boston, Providence, Pittsburgh, Cincy, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit etc etc.. An 8-9 hour drive from Toronto in Canada will get me to Ottawa and Montreal ... Quebec city is a stretch..

If Halifax, Regina, St John's, Calgary, Vancouver etc etc were an 8-9 hour drive from me I'd visit them like I would U.S cities. Of course, flying in Canada is also expensive so people usually travel more to visit family than for recreation simply due to cost not lack of interest. Most people I know in Toronto have made multiple trips to Montreal in their life.
On QC plates in TO... well Anglo Montrealers relocating to Toronto are not really representative of mainstream Québec!

Seriously though travel patterns are not always to places people pay attention to on other levels. Quebecers like to vacation on the Maine coast but otherwise they pay more attention to and are more influenced by NYC and LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 12:21 PM

15,109 posts, read 15,702,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
On QC plates in TO... well Anglo Montrealers relocating to Toronto are not really representative of mainstream Québec!

Seriously though travel patterns are not always to places people pay attention to on other levels. Quebecers like to vacation on the Maine coast but otherwise they pay more attention to and are more influenced by NYC and LA.
How am I not surprised by this post lol...... Ok AJ - no French Canadian would be caught dead in Toronto.... Every Quebec plate is an Anglo Montrealer relocating to Toronto... Lord have mercy and we are supposed to be bridging gaps here hmmm.... Its ok AJ i'll get over you being more 'influenced' and paying more 'attention' to NYC and L.A lol and i'll still take the higher road and visit my friends/coworker/colleagues in Montreal and when they visit me in Toronto I'll just tell myself they'd rather by in L.A....

We shall attribute this solely to Anglo Montrealers lol...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_...ndsor_Corridor

Busiest Air/Train routes AJ

Montreal/Toronto
Montreal/L.A
Montreal/NYC

hmmmmmmmm can I get someone to say Rapidair, WJA triange flights, Via Rail....

Last edited by fusion2; 05-31-2015 at 12:44 PM..

Old 05-31-2015, 12:42 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,377,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
lol. something only whites would say meanwhile every other race in North America pretty much faces it all the time. if you take offense I'd hate to put you in another races shoes and see the type of mockery that happens. Unless you are gay. Then maybe you do know how it feels.
Well, I'm bi. I'm also proud to be white. Every other race can be proud of who they are and no one objects to that. I don't let anti-whites dictate my worldview. I love my race, and it's a perfectly normal and healthy feeling.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Well, I'm bi. I'm also proud to be white. Every other race can be proud of who they are and no one objects to that. I don't let anti-whites dictate my worldview. I love my race, and it's perfectly natural and healthy feeling.
Oh congratulations sister

I'm not proud to be white to be honest... I'm not ashamed either but totally neutral... When we are all 99.98 percent genetically the same being proud of a skin tone or some basic physical appearances just seems a bit well... yeah.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Oh congratulations sister

I'm not proud to be white to be honest... I'm not ashamed either but totally neutral... When we are all 99.98 percent genetically the same being proud of a skin tone or some basic physical appearances just seems a bit well... yeah.
I'm a guy. The 99.9% genetic similarity is a misleading statement. Most of the similar genes are the ones responsible for giving us two eyes, two kidneys, two ears, etc. Indeed, humans and chimpanzees have a very high genetic similarity as well. It's those genes that are different that give rise to racial differences.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
I'm a guy. The 99.9% genetic similarity is a misleading statement. Most of the similar genes are the ones responsible for giving us two eyes, two kidneys, two ears, etc. Indeed, humans and chimpanzees have a very high genetic similarity as well. It's those genes that are different that give rise to racial differences.
Yeah sorry this is just where you lose me here... The differences you speak of are cultural/environmental.. There is no other differences between 'the various' human races other than skin tone and basic physical differences.. Not to dismiss the importance of genetic differences between that .02 percent between chimps and humans but yeah - regardless of the amount of melanin in the skin or basic physical differences its just not enough to make a distinction save for cultural and environmental when we are referring to homo sapiens.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah sorry this is just where you lose me here... The differences you speak of are cultural/environmental.. There is no other differences between 'the various' human races other than skin tone and basic physical differences..
I'm not going to continue this particular subject since I don't want to turn this into a debate on racial differences. For the purpose of my original point, it's sufficient to simply state that racial distinctions can and have always been made, and having a certain racial or ethnic identity tends to come naturally. Sometimes the social mores of today can make people feel guilty for this, but I am pretty much immune to that. I feel more comfortable in the company of other white people, which is something pretty much every race or ethnic group tends to feel as well for their own race/ethnicity. So when people try to criticize something or someplace for being too white, it's like criticizing Africa for being too black, or China for being too Chinese. It reveals a true sense hostility toward a group of people: in this case, white people.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to continue this particular subject since I don't want to turn this into a debate on racial differences. For the purpose of my original point, it's sufficient to simply state that racial distinctions can and have always been made, and having a certain racial or ethnic identity tends to come naturally. Sometimes the social mores of today can make people feel guilty for this, but I am pretty much immune to that. I feel more comfortable in the company of other white people, which is something pretty much every race or ethnic group tends to feel as well for their own race/ethnicity. So when people try to criticize something or someplace for being too white, it's like criticizing Africa for being too black, or China for being too Chinese. It reveals a true sense hostility toward a group of people: in this case, white people.
I disagree with you (respectfully) but you are right this is not the venue for such a discussion though it is interesting..

Old 05-31-2015, 01:11 PM

800 posts, read 723,715 times
Quote:
And that's ok. Becauss we all know what group of people commits the most racial hate crimes in North America. Not saying all whites are like that but when you grow up in a society where you dominate how can you not? The way white people do things isn't necessariky natural for a lot of other races. Its annoying when white people don't think too much of racism however subtle or direct. It's most likely because you never had to deal with it growing up in North America. Or when you do you always have the majority on your side.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:21 PM

Oh boy - its all going downhill fast.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada