U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
21,961 posts, read 27,403,107 times
Reputation: 8613

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Me am a she.

I prefer cool weather, fresh air, clean water and lots of greenery and happy wildlife and I'll take rain and snow over drought, humidity, drought, baking heat (and all the ticks and other insects that engenders), drought, hurricanes, drought, tornadoes, drought, static electricity, drought, dust and dirty air .... oh, did I mention the drought that's been going on for 3 years already and worse this year than ever before?

In case you haven't noticed the drought has afflicted nearly all of the States now. People are plowing their failed corn and soya crops under, most gardeners don't have gardens this year, lots of people are killing or selling off their livestock dirt cheap because there's not enough hay and other feed for livestock and they can't afford the prices being charged for imported feed. The Shenandoah River is down to one foot deep, the Ogallala aquifer that waters 8 of the mid-west bread-basket states is depleted and not being recharged and never will be recharged again now. 80% of the glaciers in Glacier National Park are gone now and there's dredgers having to dredge the Mississippi deeper now (right now as I type this) because the river's levels have dropped so much the boats and barges used for commercial shipping are getting grounded and can't get through. Wildlife and many species of fish are dying across the nation because of dry lakes and rivers or because water temperatures reached 100*F. in places.

Yes, I much prefer Canada's weather.

.
But there isn't really any Canadian climate that you can't find in the U.S.

 
Old 08-22-2012, 07:46 AM
 
3,097 posts, read 4,159,126 times
Reputation: 3706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Me am a she.

I prefer cool weather, fresh air, clean water and lots of greenery and happy wildlife and I'll take rain and snow over drought, humidity, drought, baking heat (and all the ticks and other insects that engenders), drought, hurricanes, drought, tornadoes, drought, static electricity, drought, dust and dirty air .... oh, did I mention the drought that's been going on for 3 years already and worse this year than ever before?

In case you haven't noticed the drought has afflicted nearly all of the States now. People are plowing their failed corn and soya crops under, most gardeners don't have gardens this year, lots of people are killing or selling off their livestock dirt cheap because there's not enough hay and other feed for livestock and they can't afford the prices being charged for imported feed. The Shenandoah River is down to one foot deep, the Ogallala aquifer that waters 8 of the mid-west bread-basket states is depleted and not being recharged and never will be recharged again now. 80% of the glaciers in Glacier National Park are gone now and there's dredgers having to dredge the Mississippi deeper now (right now as I type this) because the river's levels have dropped so much the boats and barges used for commercial shipping are getting grounded and can't get through. Wildlife and many species of fish are dying across the nation because of dry lakes and rivers or because water temperatures reached 100*F. in places.

Yes, I much prefer Canada's weather.

.
thats funny..this entire time I thought you were male!...anyway, I guess you look at the weather more from a high view point more so than a personal one..I see it from the point of view that in the winter..i'm cold and uncomfortable..and I want to be warm/hot and comfortable..to each his own I suppose
 
Old 08-22-2012, 07:56 AM
 
3,097 posts, read 4,159,126 times
Reputation: 3706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
But there isn't really any Canadian climate that you can't find in the U.S.
exactly my point...what she likes she could find somewhere in the states...so her assertions that she prefers Canada's weather over America's only makes half sense...because Canadian weather for the most part is the same nationwide give or take a wetter cold climate or a drier cold climate you can lump it as Canadian weather..you can NOT do the same with American weather as it varies too much, American weather can be hot, arid, tropical, sub tropical, cold etc
 
Old 08-22-2012, 08:40 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,286,480 times
Reputation: 7586
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
exactly my point...what she likes she could find somewhere in the states...so her assertions that she prefers Canada's weather over America's only makes half sense...because Canadian weather for the most part is the same nationwide give or take a wetter cold climate or a drier cold climate you can lump it as Canadian weather..you can NOT do the same with American weather as it varies too much, American weather can be hot, arid, tropical, sub tropical, cold etc
It doesn't make half sense. It makes absolutely no sense.

You can prefer Canada for various reason, but "liking colder weather" is a stupid one. There is Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis, Seattle for various degree of coldness.

In terms of weather, unlike Canada, American cities do give you a choice. There is hardly any climate under which humans can live under that the US doesn't offer.
 
Old 08-22-2012, 08:51 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,286,480 times
Reputation: 7586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

I prefer cool weather, fresh air, clean water and lots of greenery and happy wildlife and I'll take rain and snow over drought, humidity, drought, baking heat (and all the ticks and other insects that engenders), drought, hurricanes, drought, tornadoes, drought, static electricity, drought, dust and dirty air .... oh, did I mention the drought that's been going on for 3 years already and worse this year than ever before?

In case you haven't noticed the drought has afflicted nearly all of the States now. People are plowing their failed corn and soya crops under, most gardeners don't have gardens this year, lots of people are killing or selling off their livestock dirt cheap because there's not enough hay and other feed for livestock and they can't afford the prices being charged for imported feed. The Shenandoah River is down to one foot deep, the Ogallala aquifer that waters 8 of the mid-west bread-basket states is depleted and not being recharged and never will be recharged again now. 80% of the glaciers in Glacier National Park are gone now and there's dredgers having to dredge the Mississippi deeper now (right now as I type this) because the river's levels have dropped so much the boats and barges used for commercial shipping are getting grounded and can't get through. Wildlife and many species of fish are dying across the nation because of dry lakes and rivers or because water temperatures reached 100*F. in places.

Yes, I much prefer Canada's weather.

.
Your argument doesn't even start to make any sense.

if you like "cool weather, fresh air, clean water and lots of greenery and happy wildlife", what about Washington and Oregon, what about Colorado? What about Utah? Plenty of options out there. The US is not exactly made of California + Texas + Florida, is it?

Speaking of drought, why are you talking as if the ENTIRE US is suffering from drought? Canada isn't because the vast majority of its small population live on a small land near large bodies of water. But guess what, millions of Americans live near the Great Lakes too. Drought affecting nearly every state?? Are you kidding?

If you don't like the drought, you simply don't choose to live in a dry place. It is not like the US is all Arizona and Nevada. Sometimes the urge by Canadians to describe the US as a miserable place for living is laughable.
 
Old 08-22-2012, 09:29 AM
 
3,097 posts, read 4,159,126 times
Reputation: 3706
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
If you don't like the drought, you simply don't choose to live in a dry place. It is not like the US is all Arizona and Nevada. Sometimes the urge by Canadians to describe the US as a miserable place for living is laughable.
I believe this is part of some Canadians persona to put down the US out of some sort of 'hey we are different and better' syndrome. Both countries have advantages and disadvantages but in the area of weather..sorry proud Canadians..our weather sucks!!
 
Old 08-22-2012, 10:21 AM
 
Location: 130 Miles E of Sacramento
5,484 posts, read 3,310,341 times
Reputation: 3670
I wonder why anyone from Canada would move to the U.S. right now. Unless you're rich, it's hard to get a job here and there's high unemployment.
 
Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,286,480 times
Reputation: 7586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
I wonder why anyone from Canada would move to the U.S. right now. Unless you're rich, it's hard to get a job here and there's high unemployment.
most move south because they found a job.

Unemployment rate is similar in both countries.

Canadians can't simply "move" to the US if there is no job arrangement. You can stay for 6 months and time to leave.
 
Old 08-22-2012, 11:47 AM
 
Location: 130 Miles E of Sacramento
5,484 posts, read 3,310,341 times
Reputation: 3670
Things are cheap in the US only because they are made in China, Mexico and other countries.
 
Old 08-22-2012, 11:51 AM
 
3,097 posts, read 4,159,126 times
Reputation: 3706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Things are cheap in the US only because they are made in China, Mexico and other countries.
then why do those same items cost more in Canada..?..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top