U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:56 AM

26,085 posts, read 28,484,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Look guys, most U.S. residents... (and I call them residents because their citizenship really doesn't confer any special rights to them; they can still be extrajudicially disappeared or killed with impunity by the corrupt U.S. fascist government at any time with no due process)... are brainwashed to think their country is the best in the world. They vehemently deny that their government has been bought and paid for by large business interests. Sadly when you are in denial, you will never break free from the status quo.
I don't doubt what you are saying for a minute. The thing you might not understand is that the New World Order dictatorship you're alluding to is global in nature and is working to overthrow the freedom and sovereignty of all nations (as we are seeing not just in the US, but also in Europe).

Here's a primer on the basics and the history of the New World Order agenda for those who are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wgwQiD_CT0

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 06-13-2012 at 11:05 AM..

Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 PM

852 posts, read 1,558,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Undeniably many immigrate to Canada because it is easier. I wonder if obtaining PR in the US is as easy as in Canada, what percentage of Canadian immigrants will choose US over Canada? I would guess quite high.
I experienced the immigration process to both country. Neither is "easy".

However, Canada's system is more "fair" and logical (the point system, to attract immigrants with skills Canada need), and easy to navigate compare to the U.S. system.

Last edited by gnomatic; 06-13-2012 at 12:24 PM..

Old 06-13-2012, 12:16 PM

5,691 posts, read 6,534,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I don't doubt what you are saying for a minute. The thing you might not understand is that the New World Order dictatorship you're alluding to is global in nature and is working to overthrow the freedom and sovereignty of all nations (as we are seeing not just in the US, but also in Europe).

Here's a primer on the basics and the history of the New World Order agenda for those who are interested:

Angels & Demons Revealed - YouTube
You're kidding me! This is about a conspiracy theory?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:31 PM

2,701 posts, read 4,668,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
You have a very simplistic thought process.

Many innocent people are locked up in prison in the U.S. - our system protects prosecutors who withhold exculpatory evidence in their quest to seek convictions at all costs.

If you don't believe me, then go to law school and become a lawyer - volunteer for the Innocence Project and see if you become enlightened.
Are you trying to say we don't have more of a crime problem here than Canada does? Sure there are some innocent people who are wrongly accused and even go to prison, but the point is that we do have much more of a crime problem in this country than Canada does, which is for the most part the reason there are so many more people in prison per capita here than up there.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:34 PM

8,564 posts, read 7,135,129 times
one pound of cheese in the us 3 dollars
one pound of cheese in canada 6 dollars

replace cheese with just about anything and you'll get the basic idea of what benifits i enjoyed the most when relocating to the us with my wife

Old 06-13-2012, 01:08 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,255,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomatic View Post
I experienced the immigration process to both country. Neither is "easy".

However, Canada's system is more "fair" and logical (the point system, to attract immigrants with skills Canada need), and easy to navigate compare to the U.S. system.
Canada is a lot more friendlier to potential immigrants.
For example, if you get a Master's degree from a Canadian university, you automatically get a three year work permit allowing you to work for any employee. A phD student 2 years in the program can directly apply for PR status, someone with one year work experience in Canada can apply to, and it only takes 1-2 years.

In the US, after you graduate you have to find an employer who is willing to sponsor you, otherwise, get the hell out of my country. If you are in but get fired in 6 months, sorry, you need to leave too. There is no way a PHD student can apply for green card, and green card application takes 5-10 years. (My friend who has a Phd degree from the University of Chicago just got hers approved a couple of months ago. Application was submitted in 2006).

Yes, Canada is a lot easier to immigrate to than the US. Canada used to be much easier 10 years ago, but it toughens up but also makes more sense now. I like the way it is going.

The US policies on the other hand are quite hostile to immigrants. Politicians never hesitate to sacrifice immigrants for some votes.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:17 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,255,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post

replace cheese with just about anything and you'll get the basic idea of what benifits i enjoyed the most when relocating to the us with my wife
LOL let me add something

Flight from Toronto to Vancouver $600.
Flight from New York to LA $300.

Monthly metro pass in Chicago $86 (8 subway lines)
Monthly metro pass in Toronto $121 (2.5 subway lines)

Banana Republic shirt on sale in LA $15-30
Banana Republic shirt on sale in Toronto $50-85

one pound of banana at Trader Joes: $0.19-$0.29
one pound of banada at metro/sobey's: $0.70-$0.89; (Even Chinatown $0.49)

Old 06-13-2012, 02:23 PM

469 posts, read 602,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post

A lot of American-made cheese is lousy. A supermarket in my hometown sells Black Diamond brand Canadian white cheddar for about (aboat?) nine dollars a pound. Too much moola for me, though!
Banana prices have been 52 cents a pound at that supermarket for as long as I can remember.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:25 PM

469 posts, read 602,008 times
Quote:
The US policies on the other hand are quite hostile to immigrants. Politicians never hesitate to sacrifice immigrants for some votes.
I'm sure immigrants from the tropics really love those Canadian winters!

Old 06-13-2012, 04:00 PM

852 posts, read 1,558,994 times
Quote:
The US policy on immigration policy is very frustrating. The general (voting) public's view (including many of the boards here, I don't even bother to argue on the boards anymore.) of it is even worst. Too much generalization, without really understanding the complexity/economics of it all.

It took me 4-5 years to get my green card (2nd time filing, after my company paused it around 2001 due to bad economy). I was on an H1B, and hell no did I "work for cheap".

But thanks to a very good exchange rate (and good salary) at the time, I was able to pay off my entire Canadian student loan in 6 months. And then I paid off my brother's student loan (he was on a 10 year repayment plan!). My cousin (who was a music grad student in Indiana at the time), got her PR via the greencard lottery long before I did. My brother got his green card via employer sponsorship before I did, despite filing way after I did.

Quote:
one pound of banana at Trader Joes: $0.19-$0.29
Actually, that is the price per Banana. Trader Joe's doesn't sell produce by the pound.
That is one advantage (for me anyways) the US has over Canada...Trader Joe's! I have an unfortunate addiction to many of their products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada