U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is better, Starbucks or Tim Hortons?
I'm a Western Canadian and I prefer Timmies 5 27.78%
I'm a Western Canadian and I prefer Starbucks 1 5.56%
I'm an Eastern Canadian and I prefer Timmies 8 44.44%
I'm an Eastern Canadian and I prefer Starbucks 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 AM

364 posts, read 1,011,158 times

Advertisements

Second Cup would have been my choice. But out of Tim's or Starbucks, I do prefer Starbucks. But I also sometimes just want a nice, soft, fattening donut, in which case I would choose Tim's. I am from Ontario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 08:29 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,289,596 times
do you take "I don't drink coffee at all" for an answer?

Old 06-15-2012, 12:02 PM

10,910 posts, read 23,210,553 times
Go timmies your our #1 place for coffee and a light snack in Canada

It's time for tims

CBC's Rex Murphy fights for Tim Horton's Drive Through - YouTube

Old 06-15-2012, 03:05 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,455,068 times
I hate Tim Hortons. Eating anything from TH leaves a weird aftertaste and makes me feel like garbage. The brown/beige colour scheme makes me want to puke, too. I don't go to Starbucks that often, but anything is better.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:19 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,464,928 times
Tim's as a last resort, Starbucks never.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:04 PM

312 posts, read 947,238 times
Tim Hortons is way better and much more affordable. Starbucks is expensive and they're coffee is bitter and unsatisfying. Tim's for me!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:24 AM

34,454 posts, read 41,569,541 times
For me if i just want coffee StarBucks,Timmies,or Macdonalds doesnt make much difference but if i want something to eat i really like Tim Hortons soups =

Beef Lasagna Casserole

Made with ricotta cheese, basil and oregano in a tasty tomato sauce. Served with garlic toast.

Chili

Available Everyday in restaurants serving Lunch. Tim Hortons Chili is simmered to perfection. Ground beef is blended with kidney beans, tomato, mushroom, green peppers, onion and celery.

Soup

Each restaurant offers a changing daily variety of delicious soups, including these favourites:
French Onion Soup - A rich broth with onions, seasoned croutons, and a four-cheese blend.
Chicken Noodle - A rich chicken broth with chunks of tender white chicken, carrots, red peppers, peas, onions and bow tie pasta. Low in fat. Contains 2g of fat per 296ml (10oz) serving.
Cream of Broccoli - Chunks of broccoli simmered in a smooth, creamy broth.
Hearty Vegetable - A vegetarian broth with 10 varieties of chunky vegetables. Low in fat and source of fibre. Contains 0.4g of fat and 3g of fibre per 296 ml (10oz) serving.
Creamy Field Mushroom - A velvety cream soup with a rich blend of button, shiitake, and porcini mushrooms.
Hearty Potato Bacon - A creamy soup made with real bacon, chunks of potato, celery and carrots.
Creamy Sundried Tomato with Roasted Garlic - Sundried and diced tomatoes simmered in a creamy broth with roasted garlic, basil and cream.
Turkey & Wild Rice - Tender turkey, wild rice, carrots, onion, spinach and red peppers in a savoury turkey broth. Low in fat. Contains 1.5g of fat per 296ml (10oz) serving.
Cauliflower & Cheese - A silky cream soup flavoured with cheddar and with cauliflower.
Clam Chowder - A creamy soup made with clams, potato, celery and parsley.
Minestrone - A hearty tomato based soup laden with pasta, zucchini, parmesan cheese, chickpeas, onions, carrots, red pepper, onion, green beans and red kidney beans. Low in fat. Contains 2g of fat per 296ml (10oz) serving.
Beef Noodle - Malfalda pasta in a rich tomato and beef broth with onions, carrots and beef. Low in fat. Contains 1.5g fat per 296ml (10oz) serving.
Split Pea & Ham - Chunks of lightly smoked diced ham and carrots with tender split peas. Low in fat and high in fibre. Contains 2.5g of fat and 5g of fibre per 296ml (10oz) serving.
Italian Wedding - Ancini de pepe pasta in a savoury broth filled with bite-sized meatballs and spinach.
Tomato with Whole Grain Pasta - A delicious creamy tomato soup with whole grain rotini pasta and red and green peppers.
Cream of Asparagus* - Green asparagus spears in a lightly seasoned cream based soup.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:17 AM

7 posts, read 11,664 times
Tim's has pretty much the worst tasting coffee out there. I mean their coffee tastes worse than what you can get at any local gas station.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:01 PM

34,454 posts, read 41,569,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRE View Post
Tim's has pretty much the worst tasting coffee out there. I mean their coffee tastes worse than what you can get at any local gas station.
Coffee is a very subjective thing when it comes to taste,some love it somewhere and hate it somewhere else, For you CTRE Tim's is the worst tasting coffee out there,doesnt mean its bad coffee its just not to your liking. I think its OK,personally my worst tasting coffee is anything thats served in those tiny white Styrofoam cups..

PS...CTRE try a soup instead next time you are at Tim's.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:28 PM

396 posts, read 730,872 times
Tim is cool for that middle class community feeling.

But Starbucks is just down right strange. I feel embarrassed to even be in one. People that feel the need to go there really should seek therapy if you need to drink coffee in such a pretensious place just to have self esteem there is no hope for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada