U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is better, Starbucks or Tim Hortons?
I'm a Western Canadian and I prefer Timmies 5 27.78%
I'm a Western Canadian and I prefer Starbucks 1 5.56%
I'm an Eastern Canadian and I prefer Timmies 8 44.44%
I'm an Eastern Canadian and I prefer Starbucks 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 03:43 PM

364 posts, read 1,010,290 times

Advertisements

Ummmm, or maybe we just like the coffee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 03:48 PM

18,285 posts, read 10,383,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I actually perfer to get my coffee at MacDonalds. It's just as good as Tims and WAY less expensive. Free refills and a newspaper to read for my morning news fix. I get a large with an awesome muffin for less than just the coffee is at Tims.
I think it's actually better coffee now as Tim's changed something (cheaper beans mayhaps?) about a year ago and now the stuff is dish-water thin in taste compared to before.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:34 PM

641 posts, read 824,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I actually perfer to get my coffee at MacDonalds. It's just as good as Tims and WAY less expensive. Free refills and a newspaper to read for my morning news fix. I get a large with an awesome muffin for less than just the coffee is at Tims.
Exactly what I was gonna say...
McDonalds coffee is pretty good these days

I still go to Tims too....I was just there today ...getting my fix

Old 06-17-2012, 06:52 PM

396 posts, read 730,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luhts View Post
Ummmm, or maybe we just like the coffee?
There are far better places to go than starbucks.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:59 PM

9,334 posts, read 19,468,586 times
I miss Timmy's. Happy memories of the closest one to my old home,North York, Ont, which was 24 hours. A good place for an insomniac to hang out.

Ahh.. hot chocolate
Ahh.. Dutchies... you can't get them at Timmys in the US
And in the US.. the Timmys is all english (no tojours fraiche).. at least the washrooms are labeled correctly..

Dutchies, Butter Tarts, Smarties, Poutine, Real (spicier) ginger ale.. I need to make a trip across the border to Quebec soon!

Old 06-30-2012, 02:37 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,654,330 times
In all this, I have to admit, I miss the classic, non-chain, coffee shop. The last one I frequent is threatening to shut down (she's sick and can't find a buyer). Honestly, genuine conversation with owner or worker and patrons that I'm familiar with with (even if half of them are old cranks) are far more fulfilling than Tim's or Starbucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada