U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on Canada getting a warmer climate due to AGW?
I love the cold and if true, I will be saddened by it 5 27.78%
I hate the cold but I am still worried about global warming's effect on Canada 2 11.11%
Bring it on! 3 16.67%
None of the 3 above statements describe how I feel 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:35 PM

1,328 posts, read 2,652,680 times

Advertisements

Are you happy that global warming might make Canada warmer? Will you miss the winter? Are you worried about Canada being flooded by migrants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 01:28 AM

3,097 posts, read 4,157,920 times
I hate the cold, hate it !, The only thing I would be concerned with is wildlife being killed off (polar bears etc) due to flooding, outside of that I would love it if the country were warmer although it would mean the population would increase.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:42 AM

34,431 posts, read 41,537,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
Are you happy that global warming might make Canada warmer? Will you miss the winter? Are you worried about Canada being flooded by migrants?
Global warming and immigrants, two widely diverse topics,
OK global warming is happening so they say, hasnt really affected me much and we get immigrants coming to Canada all the time no big deal,in fact if it wasnt for the immigrants no one but the Indians would be here.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:20 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,281,099 times
1) Global warming does more good than bad to Canada
a) more comfortable weather
b) more arable and habitable land
c) new waterway for ship transportation in the north (more revenue and business)
d) the pros far outweighs the cons (risk of flood, animals etc)

2) what do you mean Canada is "flooded" with immigrants? It is an absurd statement.

a) The present white Canadians are immigrants too. Remember this fact will NEVER change. Canada is a country where people keep coming in to build together. Do you think the aboriginals like the fact that your ancestors flooding their land 500 years ago?

b) Without immigrants, Canada's population would have declined in the past 20 years, and quality of life would have declined as well.

c) Canada's existing land and resources is sufficient to easily support 5 times the population. Remember Canada, even with its livable land at present is vastly underpopulated. Even GTA/city of Toronto is no where close to being "congested" even by a long shot.

d) Immigrants didn't push up real estate price or push down wages, as many uneducated and gullible people seem to believe (immigrants drive down our quality of life blah blah). It is a free market now and it is stupid to expect to be insulated from the outside world.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:03 AM

10,907 posts, read 23,202,042 times
none global man being the cause warming has not been proven I mean what caused the global warming that ended the iceage because there were not many humans on the planet back then the only fuel we burned was wood in fire to cook our food and keep us warm cause central heating was a while away those were tough times..

But hey humans were not overweight when you had to cut down trees carry the wood back to your shelter and hunt you own food our you would of died from starvation or freeze to death and a grizzly bear chasing you was mother natures way of motivating you to run when you did not feel like it.

as for being worried about polar bears dying due to flooding

Polar Bears can swim for miles in the ocean so if it floods they would just swim to land in fact they swin around the ocean and ice pack all the time since their manin source of food is seals and stupid humans that think they are cute and drink coke a cola when in fact if you come into contact with a polar bear you are in deep trouble..

HD: Clever Polar Bear Stalks Seal - Polar Bear: Spy On The Ice, Preview - BBC One - YouTube

Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 PM

1,328 posts, read 2,652,680 times
BTW by 'immigrants' I actually kinda meant American immigrants more than anyone else haha.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:57 AM

218 posts, read 445,337 times
97% of climate scientists believe in anthropogenic global warming. Global warming IS man made and certainly not good.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 AM

10,907 posts, read 23,202,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post
97% of climate scientists believe in anthropogenic global warming. Global warming IS man made and certainly not good.
Well I disagree but if it is what ae your ideas for a viable solution that does not kill the Economy and kill more jobs and what will energy source wil replace it who will fund it and will it be viable.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 AM

7,276 posts, read 6,604,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post

Are you happy that global warming might make Canada warmer?
No. Because global warming isn't only making the planet warmer, it's altering climates everywhere and making all weather worse or abnormal at the very least. That means Canada's climate will be altered and get worse and abnormal too and have negative effects on agriculture, livestock farming, wildlife and wild plants that can't adapt. It also means there will be an increase in diseases and epidemics that people, plants and animals will have no immunity to. The climate and weather conditions already is abnormal, it has been for the past 10 years and has been most rapidly noticeable in the past 3 years. It isn't going to get better, it's going to get worse.

Quote:
Will you miss the winter?
Yes, I'd miss winter. Canada needs its winters in order for everything to survive. I'm not looking forward to some parts of the country becoming drought stricken and there being less fresh water and less food. Less fresh water means a lot of people and other living things will die if they can't adapt to drier, hotter conditions. This is especially so for northern hemisphere plants which will die if there are no winters. Everything else needs water and plants to survive.

Quote:
Are you worried about Canada being flooded by migrants?
No, because I don't think that will be allowed to happen but it might become the exact opposite, with no immigrants allowed into the country at all. Climate change and warming trend doesn't mean the government is going to start allowing more immigrants into the country than what it already normally allows. The government has an annual quota for allowable immigrants based on a number of criteria, including what the country can sustain. If the climate alters to the point that it becomes more difficult to sustain the people who are already here then I can see where the government might actually decrease the allowable quota of incoming immigrants or put a stop to immigration altogether.

Last edited by Zoisite; 06-28-2012 at 02:16 AM..

Old 06-28-2012, 06:19 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,281,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post
I am not a scientist but this statement is 100% bogus.

"Scientists" don't even use the term "warming" any more since it is proved wrong. And it is far from conclusive whether it is really "man-made". Man probably don't have the capability to do that to start with.

Whether warming is good or not is not universal either. Definitely good for northern countries and bad for tropical ones. If it were true, people will adapt to it, just like how are adapted to all the climate changes, often much more drastic than what we experienced in the past 50 years.

Global warming is more of a political agenda than a scientific fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or