U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 03:27 PM

16 posts, read 35,843 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osQlz0PIkHI

Crystal Beach looks great thanks for the tip! A bit of a far drive to Toronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 06:11 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,601,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra123 View Post

Crystal Beach USA summer time 2010 - YouTube

Crystal Beach looks great thanks for the tip! A bit of a far drive to Toronto.
It's omly just over an hour from Toronto. I like the access from Niagara to Toronto better than coming down the 400 from Huronia because I end up downtown and not up at the 401. Usually whatever I'm doing in Toronto is downtown so it is very handy from Niagara.

The Utube video is not typical of Lake Erie beaches. I've been to the beach many times this summer and there is usually only 25 people max on the beach. I go to a beach a little closer to Ft. Erie called Thunder Bay beach. The Americans who own all the lakefront cottages there claim to own the beach and post it. Canadians being such law abiding people respect these signs and stay off. The thing is they DON"T own the beach and they CAN'T tell you to stay off. A couple of times I have had people tell me to get off the beach and I tell them to shove it. If they persist I tell them to call the cops if they want but buzz off and quit bugging me. The cops will not even attend if called because they know the beach is public land and you can not own the beach any closer than 12 feet from the highwater line. The highwater line on these beaches is 100 feet from the water so in reality the beachfront cottages might own the land 112 feet from the water and who sits on the bech that far from the water, not me. The funny thing is that the odd lot owned by Canadians don't even think about restricting access.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:22 AM

You mean in that dumpy termite hole that looks over the smog from Buffalo, you can't even access the beach? Looks like nothing but crap on that beach anyways, i suspect the only thing nice about Crystal Beach is the name. You should ask your parents to take up to Georgian Bay sometime, you will see what real nature and blue water is like.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
You mean in that dumpy termite hole that looks over the smog from Buffalo, you can't even access the beach? Looks like nothing but crap on that beach anyways, i suspect the only thing nice about Crystal Beach is the name. You should ask your parents to take up to Georgian Bay sometime, you will see what real nature and blue water is like.
Hahaha, My family has had a cottage on the bay at Craigleith since 1960. I lived on the bay from 79 to 89. Needless to say, I know Georgian Bay. From Collingwood right up to Tobermory it's beautiful. From Collingwood right up to Midland it sucks.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:29 PM

"From Collingwood right up to Midland it sucks. "

What does that mean? it's nothing but trees, beach cottage and some locals up. What could possible suck more than crystal beach?

Old 07-24-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
"From Collingwood right up to Midland it sucks. "

What does that mean? it's nothing but trees, beach cottage and some locals up. What could possible suck more than crystal beach?
Well, I'll tell you what I like about the beaches near FT. Erie compared to Georgian Bay.

First, I'm not stuck in the middle of hicksville. There are big cities close at hand where I can satisify my urban self if I want. I like lots of nice places to go out in the evening and there is no end of them around here. Niagara Falls is full of really great places to eat or to be entertained and Huronia is deadsville on that score.

Secondly, the water is very warm and contrary to many who don't know it it's very clean and clear. At my house in Craigleith the water is freezing 95% of the time.

Thirdly, I can buy a beautiful house very close to the beach for $200,000 or less.

Fourthly, the is an absence of bugs. I hate biting bugs and Huronia is bug central.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:03 PM

Lots of cottages around Georgian bay not hicks.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Lots of cottages around Georgian bay not hicks.
I'm not talking about the cottagers. I'm talking about the surrounding areas.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:47 PM

It think it goes without saying that Ontario is filled with hicks. In Toronto we have hicks from all over the world. Having been to Stevensville i could stay that i could be easily rename i to Hicksville and nobody would notice unless they moved the timmies.
Up in Georgian bay too the wind blows the mosquito's away i pretty sure of that. I am still confused why people would pay so much to go past simcoe and Georgian bay up to say Parry Sound and lake like Manutababing and pay 300k+ for the same thing? Really what could be so different except lots more driving. Is midland and pentang any differnet than parry sound or collingwood? I assume most people have boats anyways. What would be better than GB for boating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or