Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:49 AM

218 posts, read 509,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
So regardless of the debates about CO2 - are you saying that climate change is not happening again right now?
No, climate change is always happening and has always been happening for millions of years.

I'm wondering what's the purpose and goals of OP's campaign are, educate people about this simple fact of nature and Carbon Tax fraudsters in government or, on the opposite, attempt to brainwash people into this scam and pay this fascist tax on nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 10:58 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,161,239 times
Just had a couple of friends stay with us for a week they reside in a place in northern Quebec called Kuujjuaq. I asked them what they thought of Global warming, their response was they've never seen such mild winters and such hot summers,Winter ice on the bay is forming later and melting earlier,the permafrost is no longer perma and is creating bad conditions as the larger animals get stuck in the resultant soft muddy soil,also the mosquitoes have never been so numerous,
Actual sea routes are opening up in the arctic due to the lack of sea ice..
AccuWeather.com - Climate Change | Northwest Passage Open once Again

So The Tourist you may think this is all some kind of hoax perpetrated by Al Gore but for the people who live up in the far north the symptoms of global warming are very apparent and are causing some concern to many climatologists, Scientists who i would believe over biased reports from FOX or Limbaugh.
We can debate about the cause of the warming but theres no doubt that the climate is warming

Old 09-02-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Just had a couple of friends stay with us for a week they reside in a place in northern Quebec called Kuujjuaq. I asked them what they thought of Global warming, their response was they've never seen such mild winters and such hot summers,Winter ice on the bay is forming later and melting earlier,the permafrost is no longer perma and is creating bad conditions as the larger animals get stuck in the resultant soft muddy soil,also the mosquitoes have never been so numerous,
Actual sea routes are opening up in the arctic due to the lack of sea ice..
AccuWeather.com - Climate Change | Northwest Passage Open once Again

So The Tourist you may think this is all some kind of hoax perpetrated by Al Gore but for the people who live up in the far north the symptoms of global warming are very apparent and are causing some concern to many climatologists, Scientists who i would believe over biased reports from FOX or Limbaugh.
We can debate about the cause of the warming but theres no doubt that the climate is warming
Hoax by Al Gore is not that climate change exists, but that it's caused by human activity and we should pay Carbon Tax and shut down our economy, power plants and export our jobs, creating scarcity, poverty and misery. Watch the part of video I posted on the 1st page, it's a really good piece.

Now, what matters is statistics, "hockey stick hoax" and "climategate emails", does it ring a bell? The whole thing stinks to high heaven. Even if there is global warming (now they replaced it by "climate change"), there's no proof it has anything to do anything with CO2, Carbon Tax and the rest of crooked "scientists" and politicians. So I'm wondering what is the purpose of this global warming campaign, guy wants to "raise awareness of global warming on every street of Toronto", what will be the points of his program?

Old 09-02-2012, 11:18 AM

I would ask, what's the agenda of this campaign.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:58 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,161,239 times
For the moment The Tourist i'd say its you who have some kind of paranoid agenda, sounds like you've been locked in a room with Rush Limbaugh for too long, The climate is warming up If you want to liven the issue up with a bunch of American rightwing conspiracy theories and end of the world rhetoric thats up to you but its rather irrelevant as it doesnt change the issue of the climate.
Maybe the op can get back to us with an explanation as to what his objectives are and what he has to say about raising awareness about global warming...

Old 09-02-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
For the moment The Tourist i'd say its you who have some kind of paranoid agenda, sounds like you've been locked in a room with Rush Limbaugh for too long, The climate is warming up If you want to liven the issue up with a bunch of American rightwing conspiracy theories and end of the world rhetoric thats up to you but its rather irrelevant as it doesnt change the issue of the climate.
Maybe the op can get back to us with an explanation as to what his objectives are and what he has to say about raising awareness about global warming...
Yes, as been said: "if you can't defeat a person rationally, you start attacking the person.."

What does Rush Limbaugh, right wing and whatever crap has to do with carbon tax fraud? If you want to argue on scientific terms, then go ahead, present with data. What the hell Rush Limbaugh has anything to do with it? Who's better than him and worth to listen to-- Obama or Al Gore?

As a matter of fact, this planet has always been through heating and cooling cycles and we are well within the norms of these fluctuations, nothing extraordinary.

I'd think that someone spreading awareness does that to propose solutions, otherwise what's the point? And I'm wondering what would be the proposed solutions-- build better irrigation systems to save crops, for example (if global warming really exists), block the sun, or pay Al Gore carbon tax, introduce precedents to control people and businesses because Al Gore & Co. said humans caused it.

I guess OP won't return because he's probably on his way to Hades, which is what trying to mislead masses of people gets you into.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:54 PM

14,723 posts, read 14,892,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourist View Post

Yes, as been said: "if you can't defeat a person rationally, you start attacking the person.."

....... I guess OP won't return because he's probably on his way to Hades, which is what trying to mislead masses of people gets you into. ...
Hmmm. You don't like somebody making an observation about your rationality and yet you have been personally attacking the OP without even knowing anything about him or his campaign. Now you finally condemn him to Hades and accuse him of trying to mislead people when the guy hasn't even responded back yet and you still know nothing about him or his campaign.

That's quite the irrational double standard you have there - jumping to conclusions and making unfounded accusations about a friendly stranger and then accusing someone else of trying to defeat you and attack you. I seems it may not be possible to have a rational conversation with you without you getting defensive or accusatory and making personal attacks so I doubt the OP will respond back to your trollish attacks.

Bye bye.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Hmmm. You don't like somebody making an observation about your rationality and yet you have been personally attacking the OP without even knowing anything about him or his campaign. Now you finally condemn him to Hades and accuse him of trying to mislead people when the guy hasn't even responded back yet and you still know nothing about him or his campaign.

That's quite the irrational double standard you have there - jumping to conclusions and making unfounded accusations about a friendly stranger and then accusing someone else of trying to defeat you and attack you. I seems it may not be possible to have a rational conversation with you without you getting defensive or accusatory and making personal attacks so I doubt the OP will respond back to your trollish attacks.

Bye bye.

Hmm.. I used "guess" and "probably" for a reason. If OP wouldn't want to comment on it, so be it. The issue addressed in the posts has nothing to do with me personally.

The issue was global warming hoax and carbon tax fraud and yet you found something and switched to trolling about me. Nothing has been said for global warming b.s. rebuttal. Weak.

Last edited by TheTourist; 09-02-2012 at 06:23 PM..

Old 09-02-2012, 06:18 PM

162 posts, read 269,540 times
My global warming campaign is to raise awareness that global warming is a real issue. I have always wanted to help raise awareness of global warming because I have been a weather enthusiast all my life. When I finish walking every street of Toronto and get on the news, I will use my fame to put awareness out there about global warming and hope to inspire many people to think about this great environment issue. I want to take over for david suzuki's role in environmental awareness when he 'expires' canada will always need someone to stand for the environment.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaronto View Post
My global warming campaign is to raise awareness that global warming is a real issue. I have always wanted to help raise awareness of global warming because I have been a weather enthusiast all my life. When I finish walking every street of Toronto and get on the news, I will use my fame to put awareness out there about global warming and hope to inspire many people to think about this great environment issue. I want to take over for david suzuki's role in environmental awareness when he 'expires' canada will always need someone to stand for the environment.
Ok, but after you raise awareness, do you expect some thought and behavior changes from people? If yes, then what kind of change you want to promote? What would be the solutions? Or you just going to inform people that there's a climate change out there? There's also problem with just informing-- people are so compartmentalized with all b.s. global warming MSM propaganda that if you'll just start start telling them something about "climate change", they'll start thinking that taking shorter showers is going to save the earth.

Guess what, neither D. Suzuki nor Al Gore are going to take shorter showers, ride a bicycle to work and live in a 400 sq. feet condo. D. Suzuki is a politicized scientist and a media asset for these crooks to push this carbon tax scam onto people.

Quote:
"David Suzuki has never met, debated or even spoken with my colleague, scientist Willie Soon. But as more people dismiss Mr. Suzuki’s scare stories about global-warming cataclysms, the more he has resorted to personal attacks against Mr. Soon and others who disagree with him."
Quote:
I would be more impressed with this if David Suzuki restricted his own appetite to only owning one home. There’s nothing like lecturing people to make do with less while you keep giving yourself more.
Quote:
"The science is now all-but-settled on global warming, convincing new evidence demonstrates, but Al Gore, the IPCC and other global warming doomsayers won’t be celebrating. The new findings point to cosmic rays and the sun – not human activities – as the controller of climate on Earth."
thealbertadynamo.com/2011/08/28/more-hypocrisy-from-david-suzuki/

Google "david suzuki scam", "david suzuki fraud", "david suzuki lies". People, don't be so naive, there are all sort of crooks and scumbags out there for our money who get elevated by corrupt system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada