Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 01:44 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
they don't care but without the salvage killing and robbing all around the world, the average brit today wouldn't be able to enjoy the life quality they are today.
A country can never exist or be looked at without its history. Pretending what happened 200 years ago is irrelevant any more is wrong.

the rest of the world will not forget for a second what the British Empire did. It is in their textbooks and will be taught generation after generation.

An ex con will always carry a record, no matter how old he becomes.

Oh get off your high horse. Like the US hasn't done the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 02:27 AM

230 posts, read 525,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Oh get off your high horse. Like the US hasn't done the same.
Yes but britain's been around longer, and been doing worse to more countries than even the u.s.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:28 AM

230 posts, read 525,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
This discussion has gotten to be pretty pointless. Regardless of what any of you says, I do not support a foreign Queen (how is she a canadian citizen again? was she born here? did she reside here? no.) being our head of state. End of story. I know it is not relevant, but it irks me, and I fully support ipod's position on the matter. I truly hope that we can rid our nation of the royal clowns one day.
Agreed. I'm glad some of you saw eye to eye with me on this rather than others on this thread who are just sheep for the british imperial royalty.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

You can like it or lump it but that's the way it is and since you're a foreign wannabee resident who doesn't want to be a citizen your grievances are meaningless because as a non-citizen you will never have a say in the matter.

I'd forgotten about that.
Ipod you claim you love Canada and you want to become a resident here yet you say you dont want to become a Canadian citizen.. why is that?Then you go off on all this hate trip on Canadas history with England and as a foreigner who doesnt even live here you think Canada should change its whole governmental structure because you got this obsessive compulsive revulsion of England.
Kinda makes your statement of loving Canada just empty words as when you get here you wont love Canada you'll just endlessly gripe and complain about your perceived notions of Canadas short comings.

Last edited by jambo101; 12-16-2012 at 02:46 AM..

Old 12-16-2012, 03:23 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
I truly hope that we can rid our nation of the royal clowns one day.
Well, why not start now? You can lobby your local MP to initiate a constitutional amendment that would rid our Constitution of all references to the Queen and the Governor-General. Then, you can lobby the provincial governments to do the same. (Hint: Get enough provinces with enough population.) Obviously, in both the federal and provincial instances, you will suggest some reasonable form of replacement--we'll say for now, just "Head of State" or "Head of Province"--who can assent to bills passed by the Commons and Senate (federally) or the provincial legislature (provincially); and who can fill in when hospitals need to be opened and to whom foreign ambassadors can present their credentials. Then, you can get your MP to sell that idea to Parliament and the provinces; most likely through the people.

Just wondering--have you ever read our Constitution, and do you realize what is needed to amend it in the way that you suggest? Since 1982, we've discussed amending the basic terms of our Constitution twice (Meech Lake and Charlottetown), and in neither instance, did the amendments pass. Amending the Constitution of Canada is not an easy thing, as history has indicated. It can be done, but you had better be prepared to prove why your plan is better than the way it is now. I'm guessing that your goal will require a thorough study of Canadian constitutional law.

Not saying that you do not have a valid point of view, but I'd suggest that if you want to be taken seriously by those who can actually take steps to advance towards your goal, you avoid phrases like "royal clowns"; and replace them with something more reasonable like, "Canada has been de facto independent of the UK for some years now, and it is time to break the final constitutional tie." The latter will get you listened to; the former will get you dismissed as a crank.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
who are just sheep for the british imperial royalty.
If you are going to come to Canada thinking every one who doesnt agree with your irrational obsession of hate for the British empire are nothing more than sheep for the British imperial royalty you'll be relegated to wierdo status in short order..

Old 12-16-2012, 11:16 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
Nicely put jambo101! I doubt the majority of Canadians care, more important things to focus on in the current climate. Canadians and Australians aren't being held against their will they are free to leave if the citizens vote for it. No country can change their past be it Britain, Germany or the USA.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:37 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If you are going to come to Canada thinking every one who doesnt agree with your irrational obsession of hate for the British empire are nothing more than sheep for the British imperial royalty you'll be relegated to wierdo status in short order..
Unless he can make a major attitude adjustment it could be that with his ideology and after being monitored for the first year of PR (if he even makes it through the first mental health and security screening assessment upon application) he may not make it through the security screening process conducted by the CSIS. They're so stringently on the lookout these days for any new PR or citizenship applicants who come to Canada with the intent of achieving a political, religious or ideological objective that may constitute a threat to the security of Canada and/or the Crown and Monarchy. Getting relegated to weirdo status or reported suspected as a dissident would definitely put him on CSIS radar and assessment in very short order and could guarantee a quick boot in the butt back to where he came from.

If that happened that would also put him on the radar of the DHS.

Last edited by Zoisite; 12-16-2012 at 03:07 PM..

Old 12-16-2012, 04:49 PM

218 posts, read 376,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'd forgotten about that.
Ipod you claim you love Canada and you want to become a resident here yet you say you dont want to become a Canadian citizen.. why is that?Then you go off on all this hate trip on Canadas history with England and as a foreigner who doesnt even live here you think Canada should change its whole governmental structure because you got this obsessive compulsive revulsion of England.
Kinda makes your statement of loving Canada just empty words as when you get here you wont love Canada you'll just endlessly gripe and complain about your perceived notions of Canadas short comings.
Maybe because he doesn't want to swear allegiance to the royal clown family? I didn't either when I became a citizen.

Ever heard of Charles Roach? He's an amazing Canadian who was one of the defining characters behind the end to Monarchy in Canada. He died recently (RIP). Lived in Canada for most of his life, but never became a citizen to protest having to pledge allegiance to a foreign royal.

Charles Roach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Educate yourself before you criticize others. Anyone here criticizing the free will and opinions of ipod is exactly the opposite of what being a Canadian is meant to represent.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:44 PM

I really dont need to waste my time educating my self on such an irrational topic and trying to develop a frivolous hatred for the British monarchy thats long since lost any relevance or credibility in any ones lives in Canada, however you and ipod feel free to spread the word,its a free country this Canada,
Maybe you can form a little hate for the monarchy club, kinda like the flat Earth society...
You could construct a news letter and post it where we can read it and have a jolly good chuckle..
Tally ho old chap..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada