Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 01:41 PM

468 posts, read 780,150 times

Advertisements

Which ones are popular up there?
Do you look for the ones with Canadian actors?
BTW, which Canadians on American TV have distinct accents?

God bless,

CKB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 01:57 PM

364 posts, read 1,187,727 times
I'd say we watch pretty much every American tv show that you do, particularly with shows being available online now. I find it funny (probably even more now that I am living in the US) when American TV shows poke fun at Canada all the time when there is an actor on the show who is Canadian.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:58 PM

179 posts, read 823,045 times
Do Canadians watch American TV shows?

It would be better if you ask "Do Canadians watch Canadian TV shows?"

To your question, the answer is a resounding YES, all day errryday! It gets to the point that the government has laws saying there has to be a certain percentage of "Canadian content"

The notable exception is Quebec, which produces the majority of their own stuff.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 PM

I sometimes watch "Flashpoint". I wonder if that show was aimed at American audiences since I can't imagine Toronto having that much violence!

God bless,

CKB

Old 04-19-2012, 02:16 PM

1,942 posts, read 1,892,556 times
i don't watch American TV shows. i can't relate to characters that lived sheltered, privileged lifestyles which is the common theme in American TV shows

Old 04-19-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
i don't watch American TV shows. i can't relate to characters that lived sheltered, privileged lifestyles which is the common theme in American TV shows
You mean shows like "NCIS" and "CSI"?

Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luhts View Post
I'd say we watch pretty much every American tv show that you do, particularly with shows being available online now. I find it funny (probably even more now that I am living in the US) when American TV shows poke fun at Canada all the time when there is an actor on the show who is Canadian.
What shows would that be?

Old 04-19-2012, 03:06 PM

1,942 posts, read 1,892,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Balducci View Post
You mean shows like "NCIS" and "CSI"?
no shows like GCB, new girl, hbo's girls, a reality show with persian shah kids, etc

Old 04-19-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
no shows like GCB, new girl, hbo's girls, a reality show with persian shah kids, etc
Yes, there's a lot of trash on television, for two main reasons
1. "Reality" shows are relatively expensive, and
2. There is always a demand for them.

Unfortunately, a lot of people will make fools of themselves for money and fame!

CKB

Old 04-19-2012, 10:44 PM

14,633 posts, read 14,725,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Balducci View Post

Which ones are popular up there?
Do you look for the ones with Canadian actors?
BTW, which Canadians on American TV have distinct accents?

God bless,

CKB
I can watch all American productions if I want - I probably watch about an equal amount of American productions as Canadian productions. I have my favorites from both countries that I watch every week as well as some regular programs that are produced in other foreign countries and shown on Canadian TV.

I don't make a point of looking for shows with Canadian actors or for actors of any other nationality for that matter. Actors are actors, I don't care what their origin is, I'm only interested in whether or not they're talented.

I've never particularly noticed if any Canadian actors in American productions have distinct accents but some of them in some Canadian productions do have distinct regional accents.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada