Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 10:44 AM

291 posts, read 476,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
I disagree unless you're talking about for-profits (U of Phoenix etc) and small colleges with religious affiliations (which have a very small share of the market for higher education in the US). I'm not going to get into a pointless naming game of "Canadian universities that suck" but the large majority of US colleges are similar to each other in terms of reputation and (perceived) quality of education, just like Canada. The only (very significant) difference between the US and Canada is at the top.
I am indeed including the for profits and religious.
There are only 72 universities in Canada. There are more than 2000 in the US. All I'm saying is there are more universities that suck in the US. In Canada, there's generally just a couple of well-known universities per province, and the rest is smaller universities with similar reputation. In the US, you have more categories, and therefore a bigger difference in reputation.
I think American employers tend to be more selective as far as universities go, as a consequence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,523,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy345 View Post
I don't believe there are any private universities in Canada.
There are private universities in Canada.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:47 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,924,464 times
University of Saskatchewan and University of Guelph are also good choices.

But if ambience is important to you, McGill for the win. There is no comparison between Montreal and Saskatoon.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 694 times
which university is best for masters in biotechnology in canada....and pls suggest me which course i should opt for masters in biotechnology like food sciences or agriculture...which has value in canada and job opportunities
pls suggest

Old 10-07-2014, 01:51 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,435,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil dhillon View Post
which university is best for masters in biotechnology in canada....and pls suggest me which course i should opt for masters in biotechnology like food sciences or agriculture...which has value in canada and job opportunities
pls suggest
I know for a fact that the MBiotech program at University of Toronto is the best in the country. It is offered at the Mississauga campus and has a co-op program with leading biotech companies in Canada. It is not a research based Masters, more course based with industry experience. So it is good for people looking to work in the industry ... not good for people looking to go onto PhDs.

MBiotech: Where Science Meets Business | Master of Biotechnology

The program in very very difficult to get into. Let me know if you need more information. I know all about this program.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:54 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Don't think it's a good idea to study this subject in Canada. Career prospects are pretty bleak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada