U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 01:41 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,818,524 times

Advertisements

Check it out.....

Canadian Terror Plot Broken Up: Report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 01:42 PM

12,703 posts, read 8,778,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
What do you think about the timing of this?

Government hurries debate on anti-terrorism bill - Politics - CBC News

Old 04-22-2013, 01:44 PM

1,568 posts, read 2,796,858 times
I wonder what Tom Brokaw will blame this on? Surely Canada isn't bombing via drone...Mmmmmmm?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:57 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,991,464 times
Way to go Canada! There's also a thread on this in the Politics & Controversies forum.

Breaking News: Canada Thwarts Major Terror Attack

Old 04-22-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I don't like these kinds of coincidences. I don't doubt the investigation was real, the threat as real, but the timing of the revelation is extremely suspect and I wouldn't doubt it was motivated by a desire to "grease the wheels".

Old 04-22-2013, 02:07 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,738,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Way to go Canada! There's also a thread on this in the Politics & Controversies forum.

Breaking News: Canada Thwarts Major Terror Attack
And when the freaks invade that thread come to the Current Events thread.
Canadian terror plot disrupted

Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM

1,145 posts, read 1,103,778 times
Good on you, Canada.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:00 PM

4,699 posts, read 8,502,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Good for you canada at least your not stupid like america, where we wait till the last day until we can pass a bill...no literally the next day all our taxes would've went up.
I'm curious, what are you referring to? I haven't heard about it on the news sources I frequent. I thought you might be referring to the fiscal cliff, but didn't you guys not pass that and then the Sequester happened as a result? Also, what's the connection to terrorism?

As to the story directly, I heard that it was the Canadian muslim community who informed the authorities about these guys. That's really good, we need to encourage stuff like that and make sure we keep the community onside. We actually have a pretty well integrated and mainstream muslim community in Canada, and North America generally, compared to the somewhat marginalized and radicalized community in Europe. We need to keep it that way in Canada as that's our best defence against terrorists, both external ones like these guys and as a measure to minimize the number of locals who might be radicalized. Of course, we must also be actively vigilant in suppressing the islamist terrorism phenomenon, goes without saying. But a two pronged approach is necessary, of both treating the disease and preventing more of it through more subtle means.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:22 PM

^^^I absolutely agree with you about North America's Muslim population. But a lot of ignorant angry Americans seem to be completely unaware of the fact. If they start acting stupid, they might just alienate their Muslim community.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:51 PM

136 posts, read 180,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Good for you canada at least your not stupid like america, where we wait till the last day until we can pass a bill...no literally the next day all our taxes would've went up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
^^^I absolutely agree with you about North America's Muslim population. But a lot of ignorant angry Americans seem to be completely unaware of the fact. If they start acting stupid, they might just alienate their Muslim community.

Wow! Didn't even make it to page 2 before the USA came under attack - in a thread about a terror plot in Canada no less - and just 1 week after a terrorist bombing in Boston. No wonder the only people left on CityData are mostly either Haters and Nationalists or usually both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or