Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 03:59 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh well; there ya got us. You must also admit that lane discipline is lacking for everyone including the commercial truckers down there. I've towed an RV at just over 65' long altogether with a full CDL all over the lower 48 and can attest to the fact that citizens of Canada are certainly not unique in this regard.

I'll admit younger Canucks have no concept of what it means when referred to a s "left lane bandit". It toatally defies the norms of consideration for other drivers and takes rudeness to a whole higher plateau.

If you see a more senior Canadian sitting out there in the passing lane then you've encountered one who is an absolute ignoramous!
I am only referring to the Interstates of Western Pennsylvania where it is illegal to sit out in the fast lane with no cause.

I'm not sure if that's actually illegal in other States since I notice people with New York, New Jersey, and Michigan plates doing it all the time....probably worse than Canadians.

Here it is posted to keep right except to pass.

But as far as Canadians driving too slow here.....I think the opposite is true.

Posted with TapaTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 01:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Plenty of odd laws concerning the stay right except to pass issue,
State "keep right" laws
Problem for states with such a laws is they are unfortunately very seldom enforced..
I think left lane campers are nothing more than ignorant power trippers/control freaks who derive some pleasure at inconveniencing others,usually the way to pass these idiots is when an on/off exit is coming up,they'll then move out of the passing lane with the hope of blocking some one from making the exit or they'll purposely block some one from entering on to the highway.
These left lane scofflaws are equally as prevalent in the USA or Canada.
NJ seems to have the right attitude.
http://articles.philly.com/2012-03-0...n-traffic-flow

Last edited by jambo101; 08-13-2013 at 02:16 AM..

Old 08-13-2013, 12:05 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
We're you traveling during the weekend? speed traps are everywhere on the weekends.
Not so much during the week, if i drive to Chicago i'll drive down on a Thursday, set the cruise control to 80 mph and i've never been pulled over.
but maybe im just lucky.
I was, but I have driven in WA, ORE, California during all the days of the week. We joke about arriving in a police state once we cross.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:20 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Plenty of odd laws concerning the stay right except to pass issue,
State "keep right" laws
Problem for states with such a laws is they are unfortunately very seldom enforced..
I think left lane campers are nothing more than ignorant power trippers/control freaks who derive some pleasure at inconveniencing others,usually the way to pass these idiots is when an on/off exit is coming up,they'll then move out of the passing lane with the hope of blocking some one from making the exit or they'll purposely block some one from entering on to the highway.
These left lane scofflaws are equally as prevalent in the USA or Canada.
NJ seems to have the right attitude.
http://articles.philly.com/2012-03-0...n-traffic-flow
Yes....absolutely under-enforced and it needs to be. There are quite a few road rage incidents as a result of the lack of enforcement.

Kudos to New Jersey!

Posted with TapaTalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada