Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 06:14 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkwar View Post
mail fom canada acadmey
rtkwar -

I am very sad to hear that you are stuck in a Middle Eastern Country that is experiencing serious problems. I truly hope it is not Syria - the civil war there has made me so sad, and I feel so helpless to do anything to stop it. I know that several Middle-Eastern countries are experiencing difficult times, and I truly hope you are able to come here and live your dream.

As far as immigration issues, only listen to what is written on the official Canadian government website I gave you the link for - don't listen to immigration lawyers, who will tell you exactly what you want to hear to take your money.

If you have $100,000 Canadian dollars, that should be enough to help you get started. If you settle in the Toronto area, what you should do is visit the Sheridan College site, and read the details about their welding program. Here is the link: Welding Techniques | Skilled Trades Programs | Sheridan College

Sheridan is an excellent college, with campuses in Oakvile, Mississauga, and Brampton. I recommend you rent in a suburb like Mississauga, which is more affordable than Toronto, but you will probably need a car because Mssissauga's transit system isn't the best. You can take the bus everywhere if you have to - many people do - but it is not like Toronto, with its subway, streetcars, and very frequent service. Taking the bus everywhere in Mississauga is possible if you don't have the money for a car, but it's a pain. Still, the cost of living is generally cheaper than Toronto, and access to Sheridan College is much better. Also, with welding jobs, there will be good opportunities in Mississauga and Toronto, so it's not like you will have to live in the suburbs and work in the city.

You should know that there are a number of different welding programs and ways to become a welder. The Sheridan program will probably be fairly expensive and 1-2 years, but you will learn everything you need to know and be in a perfect place to start working as a welder - probably as an apprentice. You will pay for a good program like Sheridan's, but like I said - welders make very good money and there are lots of jobs for them here in the Toronto area so your time and money will be worth it (remember, I am only speaking about the Toronto area because the is the area I know best. Other posters can tell you about other parts of Canada).

There are also cheaper, shorter welding programs where you just take a few courses for a few hundred dollars, but I don't think this is the best way to go. I think you need to spend a lot of time Google and learn about welding in Canada; more about what kind of program is best for you to give you the best return on your investment and the most opportunities for jobs. But an intensive, full-time program of 1-2 years like they have at Sheridan College is probably best, with the highest possibility of emloyment after you graduate, even if it is more expensive up front. I actually have a friend who works there, and maybe they can give me a few more details about the program. I will pass that information on to you if I am able to.

You really have to find the best way to come to Canada so that you can bring your family legally. If you live in a country where there is war or violent conflict, you can try to claim refugee status. In these matters, I know very little and cannot help you much. You need to find a Canadian immigration message board, and spend a lot of time on Google searching for helpful sites to help you learn the rules and how you can get the right visa to allow you to study while your family is with you. My feeling is that, if you have the savings you say you do, the government will almost certainly give you a long-term visa of some sort. As for your family, I'm not sure, which is why you need to do research on the web to learn the rules, starting with the line myself and other steps have provided. Google will also be your best friend now, because you are going to be spending time with it ever day.

As for studying English and practicing for the TOEFEL test, you can enrol in an Adult Learning Centre as soon as you arrive, but they need to see your visa to register you.

I hope this information is useful to you, and helps of to realize your goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 05:02 AM

63 posts, read 85,244 times
Quote:
I am very sad to hear that you are stuck in a Middle Eastern Country that is experiencing serious problems. I truly hope it is not Syria - the civil war there has made me so sad, and I feel so helpless to do anything to stop it. I know that several Middle-Eastern countries are experiencing difficult times, and I truly hope you are able to come here and live your dream.

What is happening in Syria is only the beginning
And that no one can help in Syria
No one knows any parties on the right
There are videos for the rebels in Syria
While they are eating Syrian soldiers
In Egypt
The situation will be even worse
Large quantities of arms entered Egypt from Libya
There are terrorists and religious extremists
And scattered gangs
And the ruling party threatens
To turn Egypt into a new Syria if it happened a coup against the ruling
The disaster is
Ethiopia began construction of a dam on the River Nile
Egypt will lose 85% of the water
Which means
That agriculture in Egypt will end
That starvation will begin
Or there will be a war for water
And soon
The rebels will appear in most of the countries in the Middle East
Turkey - Saudi Arabia - Qatar - etc.
Middle East will turn to fire soon
Some people think that this whole plan of the Illuminati
To dominate the world

In the end, video for more information about the Illuminati

‫

Old 06-05-2013, 05:04 AM

Let's politics and religion
And to get back to our topic

Old 06-05-2013, 05:33 AM

Can you tell me about the good States that I can go to it
Some people say that there are states very cold
There are other states does not welcome foreigners in Canada
Quote:
Sheridan is an excellent college, with campuses in Oakvile, Mississauga, and Brampton. I recommend you rent in a suburb like Mississauga, which is more affordable than Toronto, but you will probably need a car because Mssissauga's transit system isn't the best. You can take the bus everywhere if you have to - many people do - but it is not like Toronto, with its subway, streetcars, and very frequent service. Taking the bus everywhere in Mississauga is possible if you don't have the money for a car, but it's a pain. Still, the cost of living is generally cheaper than Toronto, and access to Sheridan College is much better. Also, with welding jobs, there will be good opportunities in Mississauga and Toronto, so it's not like you will have to live in the suburbs and work in the city.
Quote:
Do you think Mississauga is a really good place?
Can I find baking courses there as well?
Quote:
You should know that there are a number of different welding programs and ways to become a welder. The Sheridan program will probably be fairly expensive and 1-2 years,
I don `t have enough money to study two years, perhaps only a year and a half
Quote:
You really have to find the best way to come to Canada so that you can bring your family legally. If you live in a country where there is war or violent conflict, you can try to claim refugee status. In these matters, I know very little and cannot help you much. You need to find a Canadian immigration message board, and spend a lot of time on Google searching for helpful sites to help you learn the rules and how you can get the right visa to allow you to study while your family is with you. My feeling is that, if you have the savings you say you do, the government will almost certainly give you a long-term visa of some sort. As for your family, I'm not sure, which is why you need to do research on the web to learn the rules, starting with the line myself and other steps have provided. Google will also be your best friend now, because you are going to be spending time with it ever day.
I think that there is no way except study
Quote:
As for studying English and practicing for the TOEFEL test, you can enrol in an Adult Learning Centre as soon as you arrive, but they need to see your visa to register you.
Can I pay the fee and get a letter of acceptance
And then try to get a student visa and come
Or
I have to be in Canada to attend the cheap language teaching centers
Quote:
I hope this information is useful to you, and helps of to realize your goal.
Yes, thank you for the positive responses

Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 AM

Just so you know: from years of helping students study for both, I beleieve IELTS is an easier exam to pass compard to TOEFEL. TOEFEL reqres a higher grade to pass than IELTS, and IELTS exam format is simple and straightforward.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkwar View Post
Can you tell me about the good States that I can go to it
Some people say that there are states very cold
There are other states does not welcome foreigners in Canada

Do you think Mississauga is a really good place?
Can I find baking courses there as well?

I don `t have enough money to study two years, perhaps only a year and a half

I think that there is no way except study

Can I pay the fee and get a letter of acceptance
And then try to get a student visa and come
Or
I have to be in Canada to attend the cheap language teaching centers

Yes, thank you for the positive responses

In Canada we have provinces, not states. I think Canada is very welcoming of new immigrants, but it is not that easy to become a permanent resident nowadays. However, if you come here and study welding and get a good job, you should have a good chance.

Most newcomers settle in our cities, and more than half of them settle in the Toronto area. If you do not want to learn French, the Toronto area would be a good choice for you for many reasons (Toronto is in the southern part of the province of Ontario). The winters can be cold at times (we have some very cold days followed by days that are cold, but not sooo bad) but only three or four months. The other eight to nine months of the year is warm, hot, mild, or cool, depending on the season. Vancouver has the mildest winters, but many people say the economy and job market there is not very good. I know you said you don't want to learn French, so I won't talk about Montreal. Calgary or Edmonton (Alberta), and Saskatchewan or Saskatoon (Saskatchewan) are cities in provinces with very strong economies, but the winters are cold and long. As I've said, Toronto has the largest immigrant population, and there is a large, tight-knit Iraqi community here (especially in Mississauga. I've taught many Iraqi students, young and old. There are Iraqi clubs in Mississauga where people from Iraq can meet, talk, and eat together). I do think Mississauga would be a great place for you to live. I don't know if you are Muslim, but Mississauga is a very popular place for Muslims to live because we have the largest mosque in the GTA, and many smaller mosques. If you are not Muslim, it is still a good place because there are people here from all over the world, and many Canadians who have been here for more than one generation. It's a very good mix of people.

So I think you can move to any city in Canada and you will feel welcomed, but the Toronto area has the largest immigrant community, and people here get along very well. At the language schools I used to teach at, students from all over the world became friends and supported each other. Christian, Sunni, and Shia Iraqis ate lunch together with Chinese and Indian friends, Vietnamese newcomers were good friends with African immigrants. And of course, teachers like me loved all of our students, and worked very hard to help them learn English, find jobs, learn about Canadian culture. The language schools are great places to meet people, make friends, and learn all about Canada. In Toronto, so many people are immigrants or the children of immigrants that the city is maybe the most accepting in world to people who move from other countries.

As I said earlier, my knowledge is of the Toronto area, but posters from other parts of Canada can tell you about their cities and provinces. There are other parts of Canada that are great, and may offer you advantages that the Toronto area does not.

As far as your other questions, I don't have answers to all of them. You will have to contact Immigration Canada by phone or email, and maybe they can help you. I have a friend who works at Sheridan College. I am going to see her later today, and can ask her some questions for you. I do believe that $100,000 will be enough money for two years, even if you are studying. You may have to work part-time for a little extra money, but I think you have enough.

I thought the pictures of the playing cards were interesting, but I do not believe in the Illuminati. I do believe that powerful people have too much control over events in this world and many of the things that happen in it, but as we saw in the Arab Spring, if the people come together, they have more power than anyone. I hope you are wrong about Egypt. I do not want to see another Middle Eastern / majority Muslim nation involved in violent conflict. I hope your home and the entire region can have peace, prosperity, and true democracy sometime in the very near future.

TOkidd

Last edited by TOkidd; 06-05-2013 at 06:58 AM..

Old 06-05-2013, 07:08 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
For baking I would go to Denmark, the Danes are said to be the best bakers in the world

Old 06-05-2013, 07:09 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
TOkidd, have to spread the love around re reps, but I just wanted to say I think your detailed posts and helpful attitude on this thread are outstanding.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
TOkidd, have to spread the love around re reps, but I just wanted to say I think your detailed posts and helpful attitude on this thread are outstanding.
Thanks, man. Having taught ESL to newcomers for many years, I've seen how much immigrants add to this great country. People like the OP who want to come here to learn a trade and work hard should be welcomed and given as much help and support as possible, IMO. Immigrants are the backbone of this country - I am first-generation myself - and together multi-generation Canadians and our immigrant brethren will continue to make this country great (once we throw that bum Harper out of office! ). It's good to see another Canadian like yourself (and the other posters in this thread and others) who also realizes the important contribution newcomers make to this country, and do what they can to help them succeed.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
In Canada we have provinces, not states. I think Canada is very welcoming of new immigrants, but it is not that easy to become a permanent resident nowadays. However, if you come here and study welding and get a good job, you should have a good chance.
This is my hope

Quote:
Most newcomers settle in our cities, and more than half of them settle in the Toronto area. If you do not want to learn French, the Toronto area would be a good choice for you for many reasons (Toronto is in the southern part of the province of Ontario). The winters can be cold at times (we have some very cold days followed by days that are cold, but not sooo bad) but only three or four months. The other eight to nine months of the year is warm, hot, mild, or cool, depending on the season. Vancouver has the mildest winters, but many people say the economy and job market there is not very good. I know you said you don't want to learn French, so I won't talk about Montreal. Calgary or Edmonton (Alberta), and Saskatchewan or Saskatoon (Saskatchewan) are cities in provinces with very strong economies, but the winters are cold and long. As I've said, Toronto has the largest immigrant population, and there is a large, tight-knit Iraqi community here (especially in Mississauga. I've taught many Iraqi students, young and old. There are Iraqi clubs in Mississauga where people from Iraq can meet, talk, and eat together). I do think Mississauga would be a great place for you to live. I don't know if you are Muslim, but Mississauga is a very popular place for Muslims to live because we have the largest mosque in the GTA, and many smaller mosques. If you are not Muslim, it is still a good place because there are people here from all over the world, and many Canadians who have been here for more than one generation. It's a very good mix of people.
This is a very good
So let's talk about Toronto and Mississauga

I understand from your words
That Mississauga is part of Toronto?

Quote:
As far as your other questions, I don't have answers to all of them. You will have to contact Immigration Canada by phone or email, and maybe they can help you. I have a friend who works at Sheridan College. I am going to see her later today, and can ask her some questions for you. I do believe that $100,000 will be enough money for two years, even if you are studying. You may have to work part-time for a little extra money, but I think you have enough.

100 thousand dollars will be enough a year and a half at the most
I if I wanted to get a student visa i must prove that I own the 37 thousand dollars
Only for living expenses

(10,000 per year per individual)
So I'm trying to find a cheap place to study language
If we find a Intensive Course for a period of 5 months will be so wonderful
I will generally try to look for work during the study
If the visa allows me to work

But in most countries
For example:
Norway allows the student to work only 20 hours a week

I believe that Canada may allow it, but we will get a little money
Maybe I can also ask cheap language centers
That you're talking about

if you know web site or mail to one in Mississauga

Quote:
As I said earlier, my knowledge is of the Toronto area, but posters from other parts of Canada can tell you about their cities and provinces. There are other parts of Canada that are great, and may offer you advantages that the Toronto area does not.
From your words I think Toronto is an excellent option
----------
I have one last question
My mother is 48 years old
And health be modest
Is there anything easier than baking and commensurate with her ​​health and her age and she can find job offer easy ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada