Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 01:20 PM

63 posts, read 85,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
TOkidd, have to spread the love around re reps, but I just wanted to say I think your detailed posts and helpful attitude on this thread are outstanding.
Yes, he is someone who likes helping others
His replies given hope
Even though little hope

Thank you Tokidd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 04:44 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkwar View Post
This is my hope

This is a very good
So let's talk about Toronto and Mississauga

I understand from your words
That Mississauga is part of Toronto?

100 thousand dollars will be enough a year and a half at the most
I if I wanted to get a student visa i must prove that I own the 37 thousand dollars
Only for living expenses

(10,000 per year per individual)
So I'm trying to find a cheap place to study language
If we find a Intensive Course for a period of 5 months will be so wonderful
I will generally try to look for work during the study
If the visa allows me to work

But in most countries
For example:
Norway allows the student to work only 20 hours a week

I believe that Canada may allow it, but we will get a little money
Maybe I can also ask cheap language centers
That you're talking about

if you know web site or mail to one in Mississauga

From your words I think Toronto is an excellent option
----------
I have one last question
My mother is 48 years old
And health be modest
Is there anything easier than baking and commensurate with her ​​health and her age and she can find job offer easy ?
I cannot answer all of your questions because I don't have the time right now, but $100,000 CAD will be enough for you and your family for at least two years if you live a modest lifestyle, even if you are going to school full-time and are not working. Don't choose a cheap school. You have enough money for a good school and a good program will lead to more and better job opportunities. If you come alone to study and bring your family over later, your living expenses will even lower, and your money will last you longer than two years.

Of course I don't recommend welding for your mother! I thought welding was for you! Of course your 48-year-old mother would find welding to be a difficult job, and baking would be much better for her. But for a young or middle-aged man, welding is better.

Mississauga is not part of Toronto - it is a suburb that borders the city. It is a short drive away (between 5 and 20 minutes from the Toronto border, depending where you live), but there are many transit options to get into the city. I think you can find a welding job in Mississauga if you wanted, and would not have to commute to work in the city every day. Sheridan College's campus for welding is also very close to Mississauga. Like I said, having a car is an advantage in Mississauga (you can get a decent used car for $2000 just to get you from place to place. Insurance and gas are quite expensive).

You can still look into living in Toronto if you can find a good welding program there. You can live in Scarborough, which has good transit and is about as cheap as Mississauga to rent an apartment.

Student visas do not allow you to work. But when you are studying, you will not have time to work between welding classes and English classes. After you graduate the welding program, then you can apply for a work visa. The government will be much more likely to give you a work visa if you study a trade at a school here for a trade with many job opportunities like welding. You probably will have to come over on your own on a student visa, get your welding diploma or certificate, them bring your family. However, if your mother is going to study baking here, she could also get a student visa to come over.

Your situation is complicated and you need to do many hours of research. We can offer you help here, but you need to find other sources of information by searching the web and doing as much research as possible (for example, you need to learn about welding programs at different Toronto schools. You need to find out what the local licensing agency requires of welders in order to get a license - you may have to take a specific type of program, then work as an apprentice. You also need to phone Immigration Canada as well). Maybe you can go to a Canadian consulate in the city you live in (or a nearby city) and ask for information about visas there.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I cannot answer all of your questions because I don't have the time right now,
Take your time
Quote:
but $100,000 CAD will be enough for you and your family for at least two years if you live a modest lifestyle
That would be wonderful
Quote:
even if you are going to school full-time and are not working. Don't choose a cheap school. You have enough money for a good school and a good program will lead to more and better job opportunities
Certainly I will look for good places to teach welding and baking
But I am talking about the English language
Because I can not spend $ 12,000 to study English for a year
Probably
5000 for 4 or 5 months only
If this is useful
Certainly in order to get a student visa
Must prove that he has been accepted at a school or college to teach language
Or at least
Go for a place to teach welding or baking
This place offers English language course in the beginning (ESL)
And I also want to know the cheap schools or churches or mosques to teach baking
Because I want my young brothers to learn
Something useful
During their stay in Canada
In case of failure in Canada
At least all the family members will receive certificates from Canada
I hope you have understood this point
Quote:
If you come alone to study and bring your family over later, your living expenses will even lower, and your money will last you longer than two years.
I've previously searched in this issue
It seems difficult
I can only bring my wife and children, if I had a wife and children
But
I can not bring my mother and sisters and brothers
Quote:
Of course I don't recommend welding for your mother! I thought welding was for you! Of course your 48-year-old mother would find welding to be a difficult job, and baking would be much better for her. But for a young or middle-aged man, welding is better.
Definitely yes
So I ask about welding and baking
All females in the family will go to study baking
And perhaps also my little brother
And I'm going to study welding
Quote:
Mississauga is not part of Toronto - it is a suburb that borders the city. It is a short drive away (between 5 and 20 minutes from the Toronto border, depending where you live), but there are many transit options to get into the city. I think you can find a welding job in Mississauga if you wanted, and would not have to commute to work in the city every day. Sheridan College's campus for welding is also very close to Mississauga. Like I said, having a car is an advantage in Mississauga (you can get a decent used car for $2000 just to get you from place to place. Insurance and gas are quite expensive).
I thought that Mississauga is a good choice
Thank you very much for your assistant
I think this is the right place to start in Canada
Quote:
You can still look into living in Toronto if you can find a good welding program there. You can live in Scarborough, which has good transit and is about as cheap as Mississauga to rent an apartment.
It depends on finding a good welding course and good baking course and most importantly the language course

Quote:
Student visas do not allow you to work. But when you are studying, you will not have time to work between welding classes and English classes. After you graduate the welding program, then you can apply for a work visa. The government will be much more likely to give you a work visa if you study a trade at a school here for a trade with many job opportunities like welding. You probably will have to come over on your own on a student visa, get your welding diploma or certificate, them bring your family. However, if your mother is going to study baking here, she could also get a student visa to come over.

Maybe I can find a language course for several months (4 or 5)
Help me to join the school welding or baking
And then
I search for cheap government centers to teach english
To develop our capabilities in language
Quote:
ou probably will have to come over on your own on a student visa, get your welding diploma or certificate, them bring your family
As I said earlier I thought that it is difficult
Quote:
Your situation is complicated and you need to do many hours of research. We can offer you help here, but you need to find other sources of information by searching the web and doing as much research as possible (for example, you need to learn about welding programs at different Toronto schools. You need to find out what the local licensing agency requires of welders in order to get a license - you may have to take a specific type of program, then work as an apprentice. You also need to phone Immigration Canada as well). Maybe you can go to a Canadian consulate in the city you live in (or a nearby city) and ask for information about visas there.
You are right
I really Search since 10/2012

Old 06-06-2013, 11:43 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Wouldnt it save a whole lot of time and hassle to become proficient in these careers in your own country?Then try for immigration to Canada as a skilled trades person,as at the moment you have a mountain of government burocracy to overcome and some where in there you got to learn English.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Wouldnt it save a whole lot of time and hassle to become proficient in these careers in your own country?Then try for immigration to Canada as a skilled trades person,as at the moment you have a mountain of government burocracy to overcome and some where in there you got to learn English.
I answered this question previously

Old 06-07-2013, 06:39 AM

Rtkwar -

I see your problem about getting a student visa. You need to learn English, but not at an expensive private school, and you can't enrol in a welding program until you've learned English. Maybe you should try to find a message board like this one, but for people who want to immigrate to Canada. I'm sure they exist. There you could get lots of helpful information. If I still taught ESL, I could ask my students for you, but I teach public school now. But don't worry, I'll do what I can to help you figure it out.

Oh, and just to clarify - when I told you not to study at a cheap school, I was only talking about welding, not ESL. As I told you before, once you have a visa you can study English at an inexpensive adult education centre like the Peel South location in Mississauga. They have very good teachers and the quality of education is excellent. And it only costs about $40 per month. I just want to make sure you understand - study welding at a school like Sheridan, and English at an adult education centre.

About baking, I agree that it would be great for your other family members to learn this skill and another member posted many links for schools that teach baking - I think they were back on the first page of this thread.

If you have a big family, it will be expensive to pay for everyone to be in school with no one working. I'm sure you want to come here as soon as possible, but you're going to have to really study the different kinds of visas and the best kind to get for your needs. It's more difficult to immigrate here with a big family. I told you the members of this site will keep trying to help you, but you need to find other sources of information from people who know more about immigrating to Canada. That is why I recommended looking for a message board for Canadian immigration. I'll see if I can find one for you later today when I have time.

Good luck.

Last edited by TOkidd; 06-07-2013 at 07:03 AM..

Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Please be careful not to mix up the products of welding and baking.

Just kidding.

Why not learn these trades before you try to change countries?

Old 06-07-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I see your problem about getting a student visa. You need to learn English, but not at an expensive private school, and you can't enrol in a welding program until you've learned English. Maybe you should try to find a message board like this one, but for people who want to immigrate to Canada. I'm sure they exist. There you could get lots of helpful information. If I still taught ESL, I could ask my students for you, but I teach public school now. But don't worry, I'll do what I can to help you figure it out.
Exactly
Thank you for your efforts in helping

Quote:
Oh, and just to clarify - when I told you not to study at a cheap school, I was only talking about welding, not ESL. As I told you before, once you have a visa you can study English at an inexpensive adult education centre like the Peel South location in Mississauga. They have very good teachers and the quality of education is excellent. And it only costs about $40 per month. I just want to make sure you understand - study welding at a school like Sheridan, and English at an adult education centre.

Yes I understand that
But as I said before
I need to take english course first allow me to attend welding or baking course
And then
I can study English in cheap places with welding
To develop my skills

Quote:
If you have a big family, it will be expensive to pay for everyone to be in school with no one working. I'm sure you want to come here as soon as possible, but you're going to have to really study the different kinds of visas and the best kind to get for your needs. It's more difficult to immigrate here with a big family. I told you the members of this site will keep trying to help you, but you need to find other sources of information from people who know more about immigrating to Canada. That is why I recommended looking for a message board for Canadian immigration. I'll see if I can find one for you later today when I have time.
I know many sites and forums about immigration to Canada
I searched for a long time in these websites
And everyone said there is no chance for you
After search and search and search and
Long debates and controversy

Some of the people from different countries told me
The easiest way to migrate is:
Study difficult and dirty occupations such as plumbing, welding, carpentry, etc.
Because Canadians do not like these jobs

And also I know that big family migration difficult
But
What is the benefit of migration if you are not with your family?

As a lot of people told me
That if all members of the family applied for a student visa
Will be rejected all or most of the applications

But we decided to experiment and gambling
Also
I can not find any Canadian rule on this topic

Perhaps only the text that says:
(Proof of ties to your country, to prove that you will return again)
We will leave apartment in our home as proof
But what
If there is person without a family?
Is Canada would refuse to give him a visa?

In the end
Is trying to get the best opportunities in life
May fail or may succeed

Old 06-07-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Please be careful not to mix up the products of welding and baking.

Just kidding.

Why not learn these trades before you try to change countries?
In fact
No many courses in my country like Canada
In fact,
I took welding course
And finished the course two weeks ago
I studied arc welding and oxygen

This is my picture taken by my friend

In fact, the course was not good
Is only 90 hours
And it is not at the level of the Canadian education or even close to it

And there are many topics in the field of welding are not available in my country
+
No many job opportunities to gain experience

In fact
I have some concerns
About jobs as welder because
Most companies, especially require experience
And no certificates
And afraid to be the same system in Canada also

Old 06-07-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkwar View Post
In fact
No many courses in my country like Canada
In fact,
I took welding course
And finished the course two weeks ago
I studied arc welding and oxygen

This is my picture taken by my friend

In fact, the course was not good
Is only 90 hours
And it is not at the level of the Canadian education or even close to it

And there are many topics in the field of welding are not available in my country
+
No many job opportunities to gain experience

In fact
I have some concerns
About jobs as welder because
Most companies, especially require experience
And no certificates
And afraid to be the same system in Canada also

Well, that's good you are getting some training at home. If you can study for a couple more years and become a skilled welder before moving to Canada, you can apply for a work visa here and have a pretty good chance of being accepted. As for your family, I knew many students who were living here in Canada, who were separated from children, husbands, parents, brothers and sisters, and it was very sad. They hoped to bring them over eventually, but sometimes this is a sacrifice you have to make - come alone and work hard so that your family can join you eventually.

Unfortunately, Canada is not the easiest country to immigrate to if you don't already have the education and training to get a job when you get here, and also something like $200,000 savings. You can get a student visa to study welding, but your English has to be very good. You may have more luck moving to the US. There are many towns and cities to choose from in the US, and there are plenty of opportunities to work as a welder there too. I can understand if you have some animosity towards the US after the war, and maybe are afraid that life is hard for Arabs and Muslims in America, but America can be a great place to live if you choose the right city. They are not quite as accepting of new immigrants in the US as they are in Canada, especially from the Middle East, but there is a large Middle Eastern / Muslim population spread out across the US, so you might want to consider it as a back-up plan. Once you have lived and worked in the US for a couple years, it may be easier for you to get a visa to come to Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada