U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 03:50 PM

63 posts, read 66,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Well, that's good you are getting some training at home. If you can study for a couple more years and become a skilled welder before moving to Canada, you can apply for a work visa here and have a pretty good chance of being accepted.
Yes, but the level of courses in my country is very weak
And does not have many job offers
This will take a long time
Quote:
come alone and work hard so that your family can join you eventually.
Unfortunately,
Most family members reject this proposal
Quote:
You can get a student visa to study welding, but your English has to be very good
This means that there is no hope in the study of language in Canada
Even if it was in a private school for 4 or 5 months in the Start
before joining the welding course?
Quote:
You may have more luck moving to the US. There are many towns and cities to choose from in the US, and there are plenty of opportunities to work as a welder there too. I can understand if you have some animosity towards the US after the war, and maybe are afraid that life is hard for Arabs and Muslims in America, but America can be a great place to live if you choose the right city. They are not quite as accepting of new immigrants in the US as they are in Canada, especially from the Middle East, but there is a large Middle Eastern / Muslim population spread out across the US, so you might want to consider it as a back-up plan. Once you have lived and worked in the US for a couple years, it may be easier for you to get a visa to come to Canada.

We prefer Canada for a number of reasons
We also believe that the days of America ended
We believe that America has no future
We believe that Canadians finest of Americans
And that Canada stable unlike America
We know people want to leave the United States because of unemployment
And many other reasons
And I think that tuition fees would be too costly, such as Canada
So we prefer to spend our money in Canada
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 09:45 PM

3 posts, read 1,116 times
Hey, I am from the U.S. I work in Canada now. It has been a struggle in the beginning, but then things started to be easy. Basically I was a welder in the U.S. but not a certified one. So, I did my welding courses in Toronto, Canada. I completed my CWB Testing. It isn’t going to be a problem.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:22 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,488,527 times
SAIT, the South Alberta Polytechnique; formerly the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology.

SAIT provides top education in welding - regardless of the scale of the project, and baking. In fact, a graduate from the SAIT culinary school has cooked and baked at the royal palace in England.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:32 AM

3 posts, read 1,116 times
Hey, I am from the U.S. I work in Canada now. It has been a struggle in the beginning, but then things started to be easy. Basically I was a welder in the U.S. but not a certified one. So, I did my welding courses in Toronto, Canada. I completed my CWB Testing. It isn’t going to be a problem

Old 05-16-2016, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 634 times
As a master welder I strongly advise avoiding the trade, with laws changing where employers are no longer liable for their workers safety they can feign ignorance by making claims of safety and let the direct supervisors drive production and discipline workers who take time out of production to set up safety measures which the Department of Labour refuses to get involved deferring to the company's safety committee, hard to believe but it is happening.
I've been welding across the country from Alberta to Nova Scotia and there are more and more developments offering a meager minimum wage or close to it for certified welders in structural, marine and pipe and a chasm is ever growing between workers and management in the larger higher paying corporations to the point where skilled trades people are considered second class citizens, this isn't a good time for skilled trades.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:43 PM

1,657 posts, read 1,639,430 times
I was under the impression trades were the way to go? Aren't they in demand?

Old 05-19-2016, 05:09 AM

34,390 posts, read 41,490,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
I was under the impression trades were the way to go? Aren't they in demand?
Studying a trade for 3 years will get you a job much more easily than what most 3 year bachelor degrees will get you.IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or