Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
OyCrumber thankyou for pointing out the obvious. I love how your always quoting my posts just to say stuff i already know or stuff i could care less about just so you can type big words and seem smart.
Was the big word "explaining", "America", or "unemployment"? Or is it a mystery word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 07:56 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
The biggest factor by far in the Numbeo link you've posted is purchasing power, and the US does extremely well on that (2nd in the world after Qatar). The OECD index (better link here) uses a bunch of equal-weighted variables, of which (PPP-adjusted) income is only one factor. Either ranking is entirely dependent on the weights you put on each factor, i.e. what important factors are to you.
Thanks for clarifying Barney.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:02 AM

291 posts, read 476,524 times
Quote:
Bro...when i first read your post i thought there was going to be a major difference between american and Canadian unemployment rates, but leave it to you to to do something like that...this is exactly what it says on the website you listed "gap would be almost two percentage points if the Canadian rate was measured in the same way as the American" lol only 2 percentage points...your insane.
I'm insane? For posting an explanation on why the US and Canada calculate unemployment differently? You're paranoid.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:33 AM

171 posts, read 273,845 times
useful graph showing the huge amount of debt being created with not much increase in ratios to GDP
The national debt in the US means a lot for its citizens to pay back.
Have a read through the article:
National debt of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-15-2013, 11:06 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times
Parappa please just look for a second it wont hurt
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 06-25-2013 at 06:44 AM..

Old 06-15-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparappa View Post
I'm insane? For posting an explanation on why the US and Canada calculate unemployment differently? You're paranoid.
Yes but not for that reason technically.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Was the big word "explaining", "America", or "unemployment"? Or is it a mystery word?
Here you go again...

Old 06-15-2013, 11:31 AM

291 posts, read 476,524 times
Quote:
Parappa please just look for a second it wont hurt
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
I already explained why that index is BS.

Last edited by Yac; 06-25-2013 at 06:44 AM..

Old 06-15-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparappa View Post
I already explained why that index is BS.
and i proved you wrong, want me to say it again to you why it isn't, just because you dont like it doesn't mean its wrong, lots of stuff you post is BS but we all still deal with it.

This is word to word explaining there statistics.
"Quality of Life Index is an estimation of overall quality of life by using empirical formula (the formula is an our opinion and it's based on experiments). The actual formula might be changed. Currently, we put the highest weight to pollution - if the environment is polluted too much, the economy or safety cannot fulfill it. We put the second highest importance to safety, since it is more important to feel safe rather than wealthy, in our opinion. etc. The number 65 is added so that the numbers are in such range so it rarely goes under zero (65 is a range modifier)."

index.main = 65 + purchasingPowerInclRentIndex - (priceToIncomeRatio * 2) - cpiIndex / 5 + safetyIndex * 3 / 4 + healthIndex / 2 - trafficTimeIndex / 2 - pollutionIndex;

They even explain the purchasing power and the rest fo the criteria even in more depth. Please we all had enough of your pathetic posts.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:52 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
There are other QOL indexes that also use 'empirical' values and methodologies and you have chosen to ignore them in the past (I know you have because I posted them and you went AWOL). Probably because they don't rank the U.S so high. Hey its natural to do this, but the U.S is not in the top 10 in all QOL indexes - ignoring that is your prerogative but it is obvious to everyone in here except yourself.

Quote:
and i proved you wrong, want me to say it again to you why it isn't, just because you dont like it doesn't mean its wrong, lots of stuff you post is BS but we all still deal with it.

This is word to word explaining there statistics.
"Quality of Life Index is an estimation of overall quality of life by using empirical formula (the formula is an our opinion and it's based on experiments). The actual formula might be changed. Currently, we put the highest weight to pollution - if the environment is polluted too much, the economy or safety cannot fulfill it. We put the second highest importance to safety, since it is more important to feel safe rather than wealthy, in our opinion. etc. The number 65 is added so that the numbers are in such range so it rarely goes under zero (65 is a range modifier)."

index.main = 65 + purchasingPowerInclRentIndex - (priceToIncomeRatio * 2) - cpiIndex / 5 + safetyIndex * 3 / 4 + healthIndex / 2 - trafficTimeIndex / 2 - pollutionIndex;

They even explain the purchasing power and the rest fo the criteria even in more depth. Please we all had enough of your pathetic posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada