U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 04:13 PM

791 posts, read 965,005 times

Advertisements

How many of us has driven the whole Alaska Highway through Canada and into Alaska? I have solo from Homosassa, Floirda to Healy and Coldfoot, Alaska and back to Florida. The year 2009, It took 12 day's each way. I had very much fun when in Canada on the highway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 01:50 PM

9,522 posts, read 9,407,481 times
Does it get its name from being paved with aluminum cans?

Old 06-16-2013, 10:56 PM

7,223 posts, read 6,575,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Does it get its name from being paved with aluminum cans?
Alaska-Canada Highway = Alcan Highway.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:13 AM

39 posts, read 64,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowstoneDate View Post
How many of us has driven the whole Alaska Highway through Canada and into Alaska?
Me. St. Petersburg, FL to Live Oak, Fl (moved). After dumping my "stuff" off in Live Oak we proceeded west to Mexico and California. We zig zagged across the western USA hitting the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Glacier, amongst many others. Then up through Banff, The Ice Fields, Jasper and points north and west. We took the Alcan, diverted up to Dawson City, took the Top of the World Highway back to the Alcan. We went as far north as Fairbanks, did Homer, spent 2.5 months parked on the beach at Seward and Valdez. Then we took the Cassier back down to the lower 48 and stopped briefly in Portland Or. Back across the US hitting Mt Rushmore and a few others. On returning to Florida we headed down to Pine Island to chill for a couple of weeks, then back home. Seven months, 27,000 miles, $30,000+. I'm busted flat broke now but it was worth every mile and every penny. I want to climb back in the RV and do it all again, just a little cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or