Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:02 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,393,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Fruit View Post
And not many Americans here know what it's like to live in Canada.

This is true. I as an American was totally unaware of something that most Canadians don't even think about which I learned through a recent conversation with a Canadian and that is that in Canada maple syrup is delivered in bulk to people's homes by tanker trucks. To think we have to purchase such small quantities of it at different times in supermarkets here in the US.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,377,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
This is true. I as an American was totally unaware of something that most Canadians don't even think about which I learned through a recent conversation with a Canadian and that is that in Canada maple syrup is delivered in bulk to people's homes by tanker trucks. To think we have to purchase such small quantities of it at different times in supermarkets here in the US.
What neighbourhood is that? Where I live they're still delivering it by horse and wagon wearing nothing but black. Dang!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:13 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,393,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What neighbourhood is that? Where I live they're still delivering it by horse and wagon wearing nothing but black. Dang!

I don't know what neighb(o-u)rhood = neighborhood it was exactly but I think he was from Mississauga.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:18 PM
BMI

7,455 posts, read 7,221,754 times
Quote:
I don't know what neighb(o-u)rhood = neighborhood it was exactly but I think he was from Mississauga.
No.

It was probably Rexdale

Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,356,235 times
Quote:

I'm in the process of buying a new home. There is an old septic tank in the back yard I plan on replacing with a tank I can put syrup in.

I'm also replacing the faucet in the kitchen, you know those ones where you can pull it out and it has a hose on it? Yeah, that is going to be my syrup tap.

Can't wait. lol

Old 06-27-2013, 07:22 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,212,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I'm in the process of buying a new home. There is an old septic tank in the back yard I plan on replacing with a tank I can put syrup in.

I'm also replacing the faucet in the kitchen, you know those ones where you can pull it out and it has a hose on it? Yeah, that is going to be my syrup tap.

Can't wait. lol
Aren't you worried about the sled dogs getting into it?

Old 06-27-2013, 10:57 AM

18,494 posts, read 15,380,201 times
Quote:
This is also how I have my beer delivered. Every Canadian home is equipped with a beer pump.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 AM

14,799 posts, read 21,401,039 times
Quote:
That could never happen in America because the delivery guy will probably get shot and robbed.
It's so bad that it's not advisable to go outdoors without a bullet proof vest.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:03 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,260,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
This is also how I have my beer delivered. Every Canadian home is equipped with a beer pump.
Except for in Quebec. Those homes are equipped with wine pumps.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:49 AM

18,494 posts, read 15,380,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Except for in Quebec. Those homes are equipped with wine pumps.
The wine flows so easily here in B.C. that pumps are not needed. It flows down from the Okanagan like a river. Hic,

Last edited by Natnasci; 06-27-2013 at 12:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada