U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 06:56 PM

1,723 posts, read 5,138,645 times
Well when all it costs is about $60 in gas and you can roll out of your driveway at 6 AM and be at the Canadian border at 2 PM... it seems silly to dismiss an entire major population center and tourist destination, even for a long weekend getaway at some point in the future, in lieu of taking a plane to Zambia because you've never seen that particular country. You can't take a long weekend in Africa or Asia, but you certainly can pop up to Canada whenever you want if you live in D.C./Baltimore/Philly/NYC/Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 07:01 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,130,951 times
Thanks but i'll stick to my guns about my assumption (and Tarp's observations) plus some BASIC research in here

Do an advanced search in these forums by the Op's name and you'll get your answer rather quickly that this person IS from Quebec or atleast has lived there based on the dates of his posts and the posts themselves.. WACKO's.. the lengths some people will go. It really is quite entertaining lol...

What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
Let's not go overboard here. OP has probably heard "Quebec is different than the US" more than "Ontario is different than the US" because it is. You can do a lot more to rightfully restore Toronto's reputation by talking about the positives, rather than inferring the OP's "prolly from Quebec".

Last edited by fusion2; 07-14-2013 at 07:23 PM..

Old 07-14-2013, 09:01 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,931,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Thanks but i'll stick to my guns about my assumption (and Tarp's observations) plus some BASIC research in here

Do an advanced search in these forums by the Op's name and you'll get your answer rather quickly that this person IS from Quebec or atleast has lived there based on the dates of his posts and the posts themselves.. WACKO's.. the lengths some people will go. It really is quite entertaining lol...

What do you think?
You don't need an advanced search when you can just click on a username and then "find all posts by..".

Anyway, it's all pointless since OP is "not a member" anymore, but Olamm's post history makes it rather obvious that
(a) she is here to stir the pot (lots of action on the Atheism board as well as P&OC);
(b) she is not from Quebec.

FWIW, I agree 100% with tarp's observations, which by the way do not suggest that the OP is from Quebec either. IMO, you're off your rocker with that assumption.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:23 PM

1,723 posts, read 5,138,645 times
If anything, the OP seems to be from New Jersey.

Just another random troll.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:46 PM

Regardless of where they are from they clearly have an agenda and as you state is a troll - that should nullify this thread.. Their first thread was this very one.. anyway i'll be watching for another Olamm who lives in 'NJ'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
If anything, the OP seems to be from New Jersey.

Just another random troll.

Last edited by fusion2; 07-14-2013 at 11:39 PM..

Old 07-14-2013, 10:48 PM

well whatever its someone who is off his/her rocker... I don't own a rocker i'm not a senior citizen. My name isn't Barney

thanks for the info about clicking on the username btw.

Its only speculation where they are from but the very first thread they posted was this one so don't be so quick to assume that i'm wrong - you could very well be yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
You don't need an advanced search when you can just click on a username and then "find all posts by..".

Anyway, it's all pointless since OP is "not a member" anymore, but Olamm's post history makes it rather obvious that
(a) she is here to stir the pot (lots of action on the Atheism board as well as P&OC);
(b) she is not from Quebec.

FWIW, I agree 100% with tarp's observations, which by the way do not suggest that the OP is from Quebec either. IMO, you're off your rocker with that assumption.

Last edited by fusion2; 07-14-2013 at 11:40 PM..

Old 09-09-2013, 12:20 PM

580 posts, read 735,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olamm View Post
Hello... I was recommended by a friend of this forum.

A family of four will be traveling to Canada as first time from Washington D.C. area for a week in middle of August. We will be driving up to Canada.

We never been to Canada before, as this will be our first visit. Unfortunately, it will most likely be our last visit too because we like to travel to as many countries as possible, and never visit same country twice.

We are not sure where to go to.... Either Toronto and Niagara Falls, or Montreal and Quebec City.
We like sightseeing, going to shops, eat at good local restaurants, visit some museums, stroll around downtown, visit churches, and basically enjoy the trip.

Where do you recommend? Which is more unique and interesting, and family friendly?
I heard good things about Quebec, but also about Niagara Falls in Ontario.
how was your trip? did you need a passport? i remember a time when you could cross the border without a passport but time has changed a lot since 911 so just curious if you needed one or not.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:42 PM

21,937 posts, read 27,326,583 times
Wow. I missed this one because I was out of the country and away from computers for much of the summer.

What a wacky thread! There isn't really anything (at all) in the OP that was insulting and that justified people flying off the handle like they did.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:09 PM

34,360 posts, read 41,436,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olamm View Post
Aug 11 to 18
So how did it go? any pros and cons that could help out future travelers?

Old 09-09-2013, 07:27 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,931,622 times
Sorry friends... "Not a member"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or