Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 03:53 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,513,554 times

Advertisements

They just make themselves look like fools. Men and women enter the military knowing that their service could result in the ultimate sacrifice. When the government announced that Canada would participate in air strikes against ISIS and that members of the military would also go to "train" Kurdish forces, anyone who knows anything about the military knows what this really means. In this day an age this type of bombing campaign requires on-the-ground observers to spot and verify targets; this is one of the tasks that special forces are trained for. Of course they are going to have to operate in the "front lines" and they will sometimes have to engage the enemy in combat. That doesn't mean that their primary purpose there is a combat mission. The fact that the Opposition is trying to argue that the government is "lying to Canadians" is ridiculous. Again, they make themselves out to look like fools, and are insulting each and every member of the CF in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 04:04 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,630,126 times
It is a war Canada willingly entered when it didn't need to.

I am disgusted by all the touchy feely stories about "heroes" as if these soldiers died from fighting for some noble cause. The fact is, Canada sent these young men to die for nothing. It is US's war and Canada should have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Any death or casualty, unfortunately, is for nothing and achieves nothing.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:35 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,513,554 times
Shameful response. If freedom and democracy and stopping genocidal maniacs isn't a "noble cause" -- what is?

Old 03-11-2015, 03:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,996,121 times
Bott these terrorists are not just Americas problem they have vowed to wipe out the entire free world including Canada.
Sgt Andrew Doirons death was unfortunate but he was a Canadian soldier fighting these terrorists so that we may live safe and free, you can feel disgusted in this soldiers actions i feel nothing but pride and thanks for the sacrifice this soldier gave for our well being...

ISIS urges jihadists to attack Canadians: 'You will not feel secure in your bedrooms' | National Post

Canada honours Sgt. Andrew Doiron on the Highway of Heroes - Politics - CBC News

Old 03-11-2015, 03:52 AM

428 posts, read 446,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
It is a war Canada willingly entered when it didn't need to.

I am disgusted by all the touchy feely stories about "heroes" as if these soldiers died from fighting for some noble cause. The fact is, Canada sent these young men to die for nothing. It is US's war and Canada should have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Any death or casualty, unfortunately, is for nothing and achieves nothing.
What kind of freeloading mentality is that? Its America's war? So if someone says they want to wipe Canada off the map, we should just expect the Americans to do all the work?

Old 03-11-2015, 06:31 AM

757 posts, read 1,019,824 times
RIP Sgt. Doiron

I and multitude of patriotic Canadians worldwide honor your service to our great country and the free and civilized world in general. Thank you, sir.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:57 AM

For those unfamiliar with Canadas highway of Hero, its one way we honor our fallen soldiers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckfXr1EHO9U

Old 03-11-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernrebel View Post
What kind of freeloading mentality is that? Its America's war? So if someone says they want to wipe Canada off the map, we should just expect the Americans to do all the work?
except nobody expressed interest in wiping Canada off the map, I mean, if Canada doesn't voluntarily to be engaged in wars that doesn't have much to do with Canadians.

It is not freeloading. It is don't send soldiers to die in wars that doesn't concern Canada in the first place. If a country attacks Canada without being provoked first, then that's a different matter. But did that happen?

Old 03-11-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Bott these terrorists are not just Americas problem they have vowed to wipe out the entire free world including Canada.
Sgt Andrew Doirons death was unfortunate but he was a Canadian soldier fighting these terrorists so that we may live safe and free, you can feel disgusted in this soldiers actions i feel nothing but pride and thanks for the sacrifice this soldier gave for our well being...

ISIS urges jihadists to attack Canadians: 'You will not feel secure in your bedrooms' | National Post

Canada honours Sgt. Andrew Doiron on the Highway of Heroes - Politics - CBC News

Let me ask, which happened first, that Canada sent troops to wipe them off, or ISIS threatens to attack Canadians? Before Canada was involved in this war, was Canada ever attacked by ISIS? Explain to me.

Don't tell me the fact they attack the US already means attack on the free world including Canada.

I hate these brainwashing terms such as "free world". No country is free and nobody is free. Just because a country is has a democratic political system, among all systems, doesn't mean we are free.

I don't think I will be able to convince you here because your mind is obviously made up in this evil vs. good argument, but I can assure you the truth is far from this simple (ISIS is downright evil terrorists who hate the "freedom" of western countries and want to wipe us off, and we are fighting a noble and brave war for the freedom and democracy of mankind - only a 6 year old's world is that black and white).

You guys keep mourning.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:22 AM

You sir have lost all credibility on this issue. just sit in your room with your hate and disgust i'm not interested in hearing it.
Heres something you might identyfy with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9tf0-BIyU0

Last edited by jambo101; 03-11-2015 at 09:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada