U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 06:31 PM

18,282 posts, read 10,383,572 times

Advertisements

J_K_K: Oh brother; did you mention free beer? I better jump in here and reacquaint you to the Canadian passtime vis-a-vis beer drinking, especially someone else's free beer drinking, there's a convoy forming up as we speak!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 06:35 PM

18,282 posts, read 10,383,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
If it were the beavertails, you've got to admit it would be understandable--unlike maple syrup, which we also produce in at least some quality and quantity, and thus at least in theory do not need to mount border raids to obtain.
Having toured throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, among many other states with maple trees, on Harleys when a tad younger; I'll testify to you not being strangers to maple syrup.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:39 PM

6,564 posts, read 12,313,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
J_K_K: Oh brother; did you mention free beer? I better jump in here and reacquaint you to the Canadian passtime vis-a-vis beer drinking, especially someone else's free beer drinking, there's a convoy forming up as we speak!
I knew those were words to conjure with. Vimy Ridge, distinct society, Plains of Abraham, and free beer.

Am pretty that our syrup output doesn't match yours in volume, but I'm pretty sure no one's does. It's almost like it's a mineral or something.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:48 PM

6,564 posts, read 12,313,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
And if you're ever in Detroit, make your way across the river. It'll be on me.
If I'm ever in Detroit, obviously I will be making great haste to get the hell out of Detroit, so that's a doubly attractive possibility.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:15 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,167,241 times
Quote:
Am pretty that our syrup output doesn't match yours in volume, but I'm pretty sure no one's does. It's almost like it's a mineral or something.
Well, we do have a stratigic maple syrup reserve. Quebec is the Saudi Arabia of maple syrup, producing something like 77% of the worlds supply lol

Quote:
If I'm ever in Detroit, obviously I will be making great haste to get the hell out of Detroit, so that's a doubly attractive possibility.

Nah...she's a good city. I'll show you where to hang out without getting shot.

Last edited by Magnatomicflux; 07-28-2013 at 07:45 PM..

Old 07-28-2013, 07:30 PM

558 posts, read 547,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You havent answered squat, in todays Canada the queen can do none of the things you suggest, if she tried she would be made a laughing stock in her pathetic efforts to wield power in a sovereign country and in short order your dream would come true and Canadas historic legacy of the monarchy would be over in short order, a mere matter of crossing a t and dotting an i..
However that wont happen as she cares about weilding power in Canada as much as we care about her picture being on our currency,, who cares ., for some odd reason you and your 3 weird immigrants seem to be the only ones who are getting all hot and bothered by this whole monarchy issue, an issue i suspect you couldnt care less about and care more about creating another long drawn out topic thats basically meaningless, just another of your feeble attempts at bashing Canada,eh!

Dknoble i think you need more positive reading material concerning Canada as that continued diet of Rightwing media you must be watching has a habit of turning everything into a negative perspective.
Canada: Why Is Canada So Great?

Canada retains top spot as world's most reputable country | Georgia Straight

That's untrue because your Constitution grants the Queen the full legal right to use those executive powers.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
That's untrue because your Constitution grants the Queen the full legal right to use those executive powers.
On paper, she can do whatever she wants. In all reality, the rest of his paragraph is 100% accurate.

Quote:
if she tried she would be made a laughing stock in her pathetic efforts to wield power in a sovereign country and in short order your dream would come true and Canadas historic legacy of the monarchy would be over in short order, a mere matter of crossing a t and dotting an i..

Old 07-28-2013, 07:36 PM

2,175 posts, read 1,754,272 times
Quote:
Free beer drinking? Count me in!

Old 07-28-2013, 07:37 PM

^^^See? We're coming out in droves. Its like a siren call for cryin' out loud. lol

Old 07-28-2013, 08:19 PM

558 posts, read 547,642 times
Quote:
Of course you're no longer KansasTurtle; he got stuped by the mods.

I do not need to create a half dozen or so alternate personnas as I'm not making a fool out of myself in the one I have.

All of us hate comments that unfarily bash any country, but firstly we must define what is "unfair" which would take an unprejudicial arbiter (not you, in other words) then move onto the "bash" and compare it with the more appropriate word "criticism."

I'm not, nor does the monarchy need any protection by me from the ineffectual repetitive nonsense posed from a jealous wannabe Canadian.

There can be but one reason for your fixation on Canada and all things Canadian. You don't post anywhere else to challenge any perceived "unfair U.S. bashing". Can only be due to your secret maple syrup fetish or, maybe it's the beavertails?

Hey; this is fun!
It sure looks like you're making a fool of yourself when you shamefully go above and beyond to defend your beloved monarchy, even going as far as accusing me of creating accounts with ZERO evidence. It appears as though your cult-like obedience to monarchy is effecting your mental state and causing you to dream up wild conspiracies that are eerily similar to jambo101 and j_k_k. I could use those similarities and conclude that those accounts are all the same person, but I wouldn't do that without supporting evidence because that's what foolish people do.

Last edited by drknoble; 07-28-2013 at 08:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or