U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 06:58 PM

558 posts, read 547,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayme2015 View Post
drknoble

Ok lets say we change and people have to take a oath to Canada and not the Queen but people still refuse then what?
Then everyone will know that they're being silly, and they won't become citizens. Simple. However that doesn't relate to this case because all the suing immigrants have stated that they'd rather swear an oath to Canada. Why would anyone want to swear an oath to a figure that represents inequality, tyranny, divine right, and totalitarianism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haaar! It takes a special arrogance to confuse "popular" with "notorious", but whatever floats your boat.
Response expected from someone jealous of my popularity.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 PM

18,273 posts, read 10,374,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
I don't know what you mean by "Post Turtle", but I'm not surprised you're welcoming me back with you typical random antics.

Wouldn't it make more sense for a democratic country to have a democratic figure head?

More importantly, your figurehead is Canada's legal head of state, and was not elected, cannot be legally removed, has veto powers, can make appointments, and can fire.

Right now Canada is a walking contradiction and a few Canadians have the courage to acknowledge that fact. But you can't say the same for the US because we acknowledge our contradictions all the time.
Why would we acknowledge we're a "walking contradiction" when our charter of Rights and Freedoms is arguably superior to your much vaunted Constitution that gets re-interpreted with every change of your appointed supreme court and is rapidly being reduced to the value of what hangs on the biffy wall?

It ain't Canada with a Patriot Act that circumvents the right of Miranda, Habeas-Corpus and host of other civil rights failsafes.
It isn't Canada whose revenue oversight agency is used to stultify a political party.
It isn't Canada selling guns to cartels so they can then be used to kill Canadian LEO's.
It isn't Canada that has a DOJ head who lies when his lips move.
It isn't Canada invading countries on false pretences of WMD's to avenge a Presidential "daddy" who fugged up.
It isn't Canada who denied landing privileges to thousands of it's own citizens during a terrible event regardless if that mean't they should just fall into the sea or something.
It isn't Canada that allowed a bunch of rag head Iranians to take some of your embassy staff hostage and instead hid them and arranged for passports to exfill them, risking their very lives by doing so. Shoe on the other foot? Hillary or one just like her would have turned her back without even blinking!
It isn't Canada killing Canadians in foreign countries with remote drones without benefit of trial process.
It isn't Canada spying on the rest of the free world including allies by intercepting cel-phone and internet traffic.
It isn't Canada that allowed it's diplomatic staff to be killed when they themselves had asked for more security and were summarily ignored, right up to and including, during the terrible event.
It isn't Canada who arrogantly ignored the warnings of a foreign country that there was a very high potential threat living and collecting welfare in Boston which resulted in a bunch of needless deaths and maimings.

Opposed to what you are attempting to run up that flagpole of yours: YOUR country has acknowledged NONE of the above as being in the least bit contradictory. In fact they have attempted at every term to justify it so here's my suggestion:

Rather than return to your infantile stirring of whatever pot you find entertaining by criticizing Canadians why not instead use your nonsense to bring your country into some degree of conformity with good old common sense and responsibility?

Just suggesting, but I know full well that will fall on "we're number one" deaf ears.

Now tell me again why we should waste one parsec consider anything you attempt to tell us is "contradictory".

Old 07-12-2013, 07:06 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,139,702 times
LOL you've been smoking some of the GOOD stuff... most likely from a place that's run by the Queen... the horror the horror.

Quote:

Old 07-12-2013, 07:07 PM

103 posts, read 138,219 times
Quote:
Then everyone will know that they're being silly, and they won't become citizens. Simple. However that doesn't relate to this case because all the suing immigrants have stated that they'd rather swear an oath to Canada. Why would anyone want to swear an oath to a figure that represents inequality, tyranny, divine right, and totalitarianism?
The bigger issue how i see is yes you will have some like these people who will swear an oath to Canada and thats fine but you could have some that will refuse and that is where i think there could be a huge issue unless you make it 100% clear that you have no choice to swear an oath to Canada.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:10 PM

18,273 posts, read 10,374,392 times
Quote:
There ya go. You've truly returned in all your previous oxymoronic splendour. Good on ya mate.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:10 PM

Holy crap - I've never seen anyone literally smash the crap out of another like you just did here. Bravo!

Quote:
Why would we acknowledge we're a "walking contradiction" when our charter of Rights and Freedoms is arguably superior to your much vaunted Constitution that gets re-interpreted with every change of your appointed supreme court and is rapidly being reduced to the value of what hangs on the biffy wall?

It ain't Canada with a Patriot Act that circumvents the right of Miranda, Habeas-Corpus and host of other civil rights failsafes.
It isn't Canada whose revenue oversight agency is used to stultify a political party.
It isn't Canada selling guns to cartels so they can then be used to kill Canadian LEO's.
It isn't Canada invading countries on false pretences of WMD's to avenge a Presidential "daddy" who fugged up.
It isn't Canada who denied landing privileges to thousands of it's own citizens during a terrible event regardless if that mean't they should just fall into the sea or something.
It isn't Canada that allowed a bunch of rag head Iranians to take some of your embassy staff hostage and instead hid them and arranged for passports to exfill them, risking their very lives by doing so. Shoe on the other foot? Hillary or one just like her would have turned her back without even blinking!
It isn't Canada killing Canadians in foreign countries with remote drones without benefit of trial process.
It isn't Canada spying on the rest of the free world including allies by intercepting cel-phone and internet traffic.
It isn't Canada that allowed it's diplomatic staff to be killed when they themselves had asked for more security and were summarily ignored, right up to and including, during the terrible event.
It isn't Canada who arrogantly ignored the warnings of a foreign country that there was a very high potential threat living and collecting welfare in Boston which resulted in a bunch of needless deaths and maimings.

Opposed to what you are attempting to run up that flagpole of yours: YOUR country has acknowledged NONE of the above as being in the least bit contradictory. In fact they have attempted at every term to justify it so here's my suggestion:

Rather than return to your infantile stirring of whatever pot you find entertaining by criticizing Canadians why not instead use your nonsense to bring your country into some degree of conformity with good old common sense and responsibility?

Just suggesting, but I know full well that will fall on "we're number one" deaf ears.

Now tell me again why we should waste one parsec consider anything you attempt to tell us is "contradictory".

Old 07-12-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayme2015 View Post
Its really not that simple yes there are issue with the system we have in place no question but we can't just scrap it today and go with a whole new system something like that would take time maybe years for those saying we should be protesting that won't solve anything we need a open debate how to fix this and the immigration system.
Of course nothing is easy. We in US have many long battles to fight in order to fix what is broken. But the first step to fixing a problem is admitting it exists.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:31 PM

oh c'mon the U.S is far from a country without its problems.. I'm utterly amazed at how long it takes for progress - particularly social progress to occur.. Personally, I think you should advocate for and be a driver for change in your own house instead of worrying about your neighbour's...

Quote:
Of course nothing is easy. We in US have many long battles to fight in order to fix what is broken. But the first step to fixing a problem is admitting it exists.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:

More deflection and falsehoods. The American people acknowledge America's wrongs because we're always complaining about them. Everything you listed above you found out via Americans such as Snowden, Bradley Manning, etc who are trying to do their part and keep their gov in check. You'd be hard pressed to find a regular American that defends these illegal acts. However, finding Canadians to defend monarchy is a dime a dozen. You really need to ask yourself why that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or