U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-12-2013, 08:28 PM
 
558 posts, read 548,101 times
Reputation: 167

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Looks like the resident Canada basher is back
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm actually supporting and encouraging Canadians to rid their country of this undemocratic disease. But apparently in your eyes promoting democracy is bashing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-12-2013, 08:33 PM
 
18,330 posts, read 10,407,207 times
Reputation: 13392
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
The issue is swearing an oath to an unelected tyrant. They've said they have no problem swearing an oath to Canada.
"Unelected tyrant"

How emotive of you. Read some books there Post Turtle. Your knowledge of the Monarchy as it applies to the current commonwealth nations, is about as pertinent as you've characterized my comprehension skills.

This unelected tyrant would be somehow worse than an "elected tyrant" exactly how?

I put it to you thusly: taking the word tyrant in particular, the Queen in her behaviour over the last 60 years of her reign has been about as far removed from the definition of that word as your current "empty chair" has fulfilled it.

She did not impose any ACA on us. She did not order RevCan to discriminate against members of a particular party. She has not authorized foreign military incursions without congressional approval.

Ah; what's the use? You're just chumming the waters with offal to encourage a strike. You ignore posts at will and give inane and oxymoronic answers to those you do deign to address.



A general waste of time dealing with one such as yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 PM
 
18,330 posts, read 10,407,207 times
Reputation: 13392
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm actually supporting and encouraging Canadians to rid their country of this undemocratic disease. But apparently in your eyes promoting democracy is bashing.
What on earth would an American of today know about the promoting of democracy?

You're chitting us right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2013, 09:28 PM
 
558 posts, read 548,101 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
You'd be hard pressed to find a regular American that defends these illegal acts. However, finding Canadians to defend monarchy is a dime a dozen. You really need to ask yourself why that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
'Cause we like them? Some of us even watched Coronation Street for entertainment. Asked and answered.
I said for you to ask yourself, implying that you should also answer yourself, not me. Can't you follow along without getting confused?


Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I dunno but "We're always complaining about them" as referenced to two individuals, equates to the mass of a citizenry how exactly? Cruising on down to the politics forum and a significant number of you want to see Snowden's cojones hanging from the Whitehouse portico lantern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
More deflection and falsehoods. The American people acknowledge America's wrongs because we're always complaining about them. Everything you listed above you found out via Americans such as Snowden, Bradley Manning, etc who are trying to do their part and keep their gov in check. You'd be hard pressed to find a regular American that defends these illegal acts. However, finding Canadians to defend monarchy is a dime a dozen. You really need to ask yourself why that is.
Those were examples which is why I used "such as".

You're trying to side step the issue. Whether the action of Snowden leaking is favored or not is irrelevant when my point relates to how his leaking reveals that the US gov is illegally spying, which Americans acknowledge is a problem. While, Canadians such as yourself are doing the exact opposite, trying to ignore, downplay and defend the fact that monarchy is a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The bulk of you could give a rat's patoot about the corruption rife within your leadership as evidenced by it's been going on since before Nixon and continues unabated (as outlined and ignored by you in my post #53) so get off that phony pedestal of ethical superiority; aint' gonna fly here. You people are immune to graft, corruption AND morality deficits.
Like I've said before, I've accepted America's faults and I'm pushing for change.

I guess it does look like I'm on a pedestal from your vantage, since you're so hunched over desperately trying to hide the fact that Canada has a monarchy problem. Maybe you could stand as high as me with confidence, if you were honest with yourself and country. Like they say - the truth will set you free.

Last edited by drknoble; 07-12-2013 at 10:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2013, 09:33 PM
 
558 posts, read 548,101 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Essential to the categorizing of acknowledging "our countries faults" is firstly agreeing we and the rest of the folks affected, actually consider the Monarchy a "fault" if in fact we do not and it does not have a sparrow's fart to do with you:

I ask once again why should we give your surmisal a tinker's damn bit of consideration when in point of fact you have a plethora of faults (refer back to post 53 and ignore it again at your leisure) you are willing to overlook as is evident to the whole world?
You say monarchy is not a fault? Wow. Next you're going to tell me slavery isn't a fault too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2013, 09:39 PM
 
558 posts, read 548,101 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1098 View Post
As Australia is, at least nominally, still a member of the Commonwealth I thought I'd add these for comparison and debate. All new Australian citizens have a choice of two:

"From this time forward, under God, I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people, whose democratic beliefs I share, whose rights and liberties I respect, and whose laws I will uphold and obey."

OR

"From this time forward, I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people, whose democratic beliefs I share, whose rights and liberties I respect, and whose laws I will uphold and obey."

http://www.multiculturalaustralia.ed...c/pledge_1.pdf

I like them.
You see that's all Canada has to do, give options and they'll have moved their country one step closer to being fully democratic through and through. It makes no sense for a democracy to force new citizens to swear an oath to a monarchy, that whole idea is an oxymoron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2013, 09:50 PM
 
558 posts, read 548,101 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
"Unelected tyrant"

How emotive of you. Read some books there Post Turtle. Your knowledge of the Monarchy as it applies to the current commonwealth nations, is about as pertinent as you've characterized my comprehension skills.

This unelected tyrant would be somehow worse than an "elected tyrant" exactly how?

I put it to you thusly: taking the word tyrant in particular, the Queen in her behaviour over the last 60 years of her reign has been about as far removed from the definition of that word as your current "empty chair" has fulfilled it.

She did not impose any ACA on us. She did not order RevCan to discriminate against members of a particular party. She has not authorized foreign military incursions without congressional approval.

Ah; what's the use? You're just chumming the waters with offal to encourage a strike. You ignore posts at will and give inane and oxymoronic answers to those you do deign to address.



A general waste of time dealing with one such as yourself.
Once again, I'm not "Post Turtle", but I know you desperately need distractions to divert attention away from your sad, misguided and failed defense of monarchy and inequality.

Actually, a elected tyrant would be better than a unelected tyrant because it would have some democratic legitimacy.

Legally the queen is a tyrant. A nice tyrant, is still a tyrant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2013, 09:55 PM
 
558 posts, read 548,101 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What on earth would an American of today know about the promoting of democracy?

You're chitting us right?
Apparently we Americans know way more about democracy than Canadians such as yourself, because we would never ever promote or defend monarchy, tyranny, or the dictatorship institution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2013, 10:03 PM
 
1,723 posts, read 5,145,920 times
Reputation: 1351
One of the great things about Canada is.... that I don't have to agree with the monarchy in order to live in Canada.

The monarchy has its days numbered. I am sure in my lifetime it will be abolished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2013, 10:27 PM
 
1,482 posts, read 1,860,327 times
Reputation: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
Ok... I see you're trying to distract because apparently you're among the Canadians that must defend monarchy at all costs. I could easily respond to your nonsense saying "Where's your evidence that the US hasn't admitted that these problems exist?" and will go down that silly rabbit hole.

Let's focus on this, I as an American have admitted that those problems you listed do exist. Are you as a Canadian going to admit monarchy is a problem?

I'm waiting.....
As a kiwi/aussie I will give you an answer, unlike you yanks we believe it boils down to trust, would we trust politicians,hell no. But you yanks believe politicians are to be trusted since the so called founders where we believe politicians are just there to be the help. As for immigrants complaining the answer is easy, send them back to Somalia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top