Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 PM

557 posts, read 672,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I am very proud to live under a monarchy, and we will not be told by a foreigner how to run our country! I devoted my duty to the Queen as a child and I mean every word I repeated that day. Our monarchy ensures the democratic process is carried out and unifies us as a nation. Why don't you go insult the Thai or the Belgians or something? Why is Canada your only target?
How can a monarchy ensure a democracy? It must be the same way a cheater would ensure fairness and honesty.

Last edited by drknoble; 07-21-2013 at 09:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 09:13 PM

557 posts, read 672,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Well said i too am a proud Canadian that has absolutely no problem with the monarchy, i suspect the vast majority of Canadians are in agreement,
As for why dknoble is so obsessed with Canada ? i'm starting to suspect he's a recluse living vicariously through the web probably in Flin Flon Manitoba , in his past he's probably had some negative encounter with a Canadian and now just seethes with anger and hatred every-time the topic of Canada comes up.
So while dknobles ranting on the monarchy is not taken seriously by any one but dknoble it is amusing to watch him sputter and get apoplectic over the issue,kinda like a dog chasing his tail ..
Mr dknoble please proceed.

PS More fuel for the fire
If Americans accept knighthoods why not Canadians ?
What an imaginative theory, unfortunately for you, it doesn't apply to me since I like Canada and I've only had good encounters with Canadians.

Wouldn't it be more probable that I, just like those immigrants, oppose monarchy because it goes against democracy and equality?

Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
What an imaginative theory, unfortunately for you, it doesn't apply to me since I like Canada and I've only had good encounters with Canadians.

Wouldn't it be more probable that I, just like those immigrants, oppose monarchy because it goes against democracy and equality?
Something strikes me as odd about those 3 immigrants, inasmuch as they go through all the bureaucracy and paper work to become Canadian residents a process that could take years and now all of a sudden they have a problem with a trivial symbolic gesture of pledging allegiance to the queen to become full Canadian citizens.
Simple solution dont pledge the allegiance and dont become Canadian citizens and remain whatever nationality you came from... they sound like contrary rightwing whiners to me.
Also kinda sets a bad precedent if any old immigrant can arrive in Canada and start dictating how and by what rules Canadians are to live in their own country.
I'm sure theres any number of issues immigrants to the USA could contest before pledging allegiance to America, You think their wishes should prevail?
Perhaps a pacifist immigrant has an issue with pledging allegiance to a country that has an amendment in its constitution that guarantees the right for every one to carry a gun.you think the 2nd amendment should be scrapped because a few immigrants have a problem with it?

As for you liking Canada? yeah right...the content of your topics doesnt indicate any liking for Canada but more like you have an obsession with posting topics whose sole purpose is to irritate Canadians.. as an example your previous user name KansasTurtle and the Canadas inferiority complex
topic.
Canada Inferiority Complex

Certainly doesnt take much reading of this topic to catch the usual attitude you have for Canada

Last edited by jambo101; 07-22-2013 at 04:46 AM..

Old 07-22-2013, 07:46 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Something strikes me as odd about those 3 immigrants, inasmuch as they go through all the bureaucracy and paper work to become Canadian residents a process that could take years and now all of a sudden they have a problem with a trivial symbolic gesture of pledging allegiance to the queen to become full Canadian citizens.
Simple solution dont pledge the allegiance and dont become Canadian citizens and remain whatever nationality you came from... they sound like contrary rightwing whiners to me.
Also kinda sets a bad precedent if any old immigrant can arrive in Canada and start dictating how and by what rules Canadians are to live in their own country.
I'm sure theres any number of issues immigrants to the USA could contest before pledging allegiance to America, You think their wishes should prevail?
Perhaps a pacifist immigrant has an issue with pledging allegiance to a country that has an amendment in its constitution that guarantees the right for every one to carry a gun.you think the 2nd amendment should be scrapped because a few immigrants have a problem with it?

As for you liking Canada? yeah right...the content of your topics doesnt indicate any liking for Canada but more like you have an obsession with posting topics whose sole purpose is to irritate Canadians.. as an example your previous user name KansasTurtle and the Canadas inferiority complex
topic.
Canada Inferiority Complex

Certainly doesnt take much reading of this topic to catch the usual attitude you have for Canada
Ooooh, that one's going to leave a scar.

"This one" has trouble maintaining the very thin demarkation line between fact and fiction.

He has no problem castigating whole foreign countries when it's his beloved U.S. of A. taking criticism from individual foreign posters with inane childishness like "it's a war out there people" when referring to those countries. We are expected however, to give this one the benefit of the doubt when he says "I like Canada" with all proof to the contrary with virtually every thread and post he contributes.

He's made the claim he is strongly against (and outspoken) over some of those things posted as opposing evidence to his claims of the U.S. being superior in the ethics or democracy department but, I have yet to find a single thread he's started over any of those current 'U.S. originated' debacles where he takes his country to task for any of those anti-democratic things.

"This one" saves his invective for other country's procedures and governance.

"This one" is as transparent as a Pelosi "we have to pass it to find out what's in it" retardee.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post

exactly how the monarchy goes against democracy and equality? I simply fail to see that.
The Queen has absolutely no real power, has next to no influence on our political issues. Give an example where the Queen actually hampered democracy in Canada, please.

Speaking of equality, let's not kid ourselves. People are not equal. A kid born into a wealthy family with $100M of assets is equal to a kid from a working class family strugging to pay the bills? The monarch may not be elected and is privileged, so are many of regular people.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Give an example where the Queen actually hampered democracy in Canada, please.

I've asked this Question of our OP numerous times but the depth of his topic doesnt really get that deep its just about him letting us all know that he hates the monarchy and thinks we're all going to be at each others throats about the issue,,
..incredibly Our op's topic that was basically wrapped up in post 2 has managed to generate this many posts, him continuosly telling us how much he hates the monarchy and we replying with the obvious attitude of WE DONT CARE.and yet the topic continues

This vacuous topic is kinda like the energizer bunny or a piece of gum stuck to your shoe.
Maybe i should pretend to be a moderator and close the topic

Last edited by jambo101; 07-22-2013 at 09:05 AM..

Old 07-22-2013, 09:05 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Canada is a company town- The royal family are not simple figure heads- they have indirect and direct control of the place- They are the head of this corporation..The Queen has her picture on the money because it is her money and she issues it. Imagine at one time when the British empire had out ward and obvious of the empire of the common wealth. This power structure simply transformed with the times and is now low key and more discrete. Look at our banking heads...They are all connected to the banks in England...in fact they alternate back and forth in their duties.

So you want to be part of this prosperous and stable colony...You had better take an oath of loyalty to those who ensure our economy and culture stay stable...Nothing wrong with having a Queen - Her job is to serve us...and we to respect her...I like the arrangement. Plus I was born in England and if it were not for England after the war - I would not have been born...They granted my parents shelter and safety.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:19 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Canada is a company town- The royal family are not simple figure heads- they have indirect and direct control of the place- They are the head of this corporation..The Queen has her picture on the money because it is her money and she issues it. Imagine at one time when the British empire had out ward and obvious of the empire of the common wealth. This power structure simply transformed with the times and is now low key and more discrete. Look at our banking heads...They are all connected to the banks in England...in fact they alternate back and forth in their duties.

So you want to be part of this prosperous and stable colony...You had better take an oath of loyalty to those who ensure our economy and culture stay stable...Nothing wrong with having a Queen - Her job is to serve us...and we to respect her...I like the arrangement. Plus I was born in England and if it were not for England after the war - I would not have been born...They granted my parents shelter and safety.
well one thing is defiantly true Canadian born and former Governor of the Bank of Canada Mark Carney is now the current Governor of The Bank of England and he is the first person not born in the U.K. to run it.

So technically a Canadian runs the second highest and second most import position of power and influence on and in the U.K. a person can hold just behind British PM David Cameron.

I am starting to think that us Canadians are calling the shots alot more then ever before

Old 07-22-2013, 09:33 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Quote:
Canada is a company town- The royal family are not simple figure heads- they have indirect and direct control of the place- They are the head of this corporation...
No, the royal family is not the real head and have no control. Do they get to vote on key legislature? Passing laws? No. Has the Queen ever refused to sign a bill? She has no "direct control". Her role is completely symbolic. Can you explain how she controls us?

Quote:
The Queen has her picture on the money because it is her money and she issues it. .
Having the Queen on our bill is the same as having the beaver on it. She represents Canada in certain way but it doesn't mean she owns Canada or issues our money. The Bank of Canada does. The beaver doesn't.

Quote:
Look at our banking heads...They are all connected to the banks in England...in fact they alternate back and forth in their duties.
You are talking as if the Queen has any influence on the Bank of England.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:47 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
Quote:
I've asked this Question of our OP numerous times but the depth of his topic doesnt really get that deep its just about him letting us all know that he hates the monarchy and thinks we're all going to be at each others throats about the issue,,
..incredibly Our op's topic that was basically wrapped up in post 2 has managed to generate this many posts, him continuosly telling us how much he hates the monarchy and we replying with the obvious attitude of WE DONT CARE.and yet the topic continues.
The definition of trolling as I understand it: start a big, long, spurious thread, then keep shocking it to life. He'll do that as long as we talk to him. I prefer to talk over him. He's already repeated all of his pat statements and probably has no more originals to offer.

BruSan has it completely right. It's the same point I made earlier, written differently: the goals of starting this thread were not internally consistent even then, and this has become more transparent. No one intelligent, except for an articulate teen who has never yet been seriously challenged in logic or who has a personality/social disorder perhaps, starts the conversation that way and then tries to claim it's all out of friendship. There's something hinting at sociopathy there, the sort of dynamic found in negative relationships where one person will first proclaim affection, then do something that belies it.

My guess is 50/50. Half troll, half nalgas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada