Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 08:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,351,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
Of course nothing is easy. We in US have many long battles to fight in order to fix what is broken. But the first step to fixing a problem is admitting it exists.
Assumption of a fact not in evidence. You have yet, as a country, to admit any of your overwhelmingly huge list of problems exist. In point of fact, you (the figurative you) have the historical penchant to take each problem, rationalize it and build on it's potential for beuraucracy creation for the next time!

First step? Waiting.........still waiting..........still waiting .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 08:52 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,791,286 times
Looks like the resident Canada basher is back

Old 07-12-2013, 08:53 PM

15,109 posts, read 15,702,386 times
The American Government actually has INFLUENCE over the lives of Americans... The Queen has practicably NIL influence over the lives of Canadians.. this is a big difference.

Quote:
More deflection and falsehoods. The American people acknowledge America's wrongs because we're always complaining about them. Everything you listed above you found out via Americans such as Snowden, Bradley Manning, etc who are trying to do their part and keep their gov in check. You'd be hard pressed to find a regular American that defends these illegal acts. However, finding Canadians to defend monarchy is a dime a dozen. You really need to ask yourself why that is.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:57 PM

558 posts, read 669,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
oh c'mon the U.S is far from a country without its problems.. I'm utterly amazed at how long it takes for progress - particularly social progress to occur.. Personally, I think you should advocate for and be a driver for change in your own house instead of worrying about your neighbour's...
I never said the US didn't have problems. And I'm pretty sure you comment on US topics all the time.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
More deflection and falsehoods. The American people acknowledge America's wrongs because we're always complaining about them. Everything you listed above you found out via Americans such as Snowden, Bradley Manning, etc who are trying to do their part and keep their gov in check. You'd be hard pressed to find a regular American that defends these illegal acts. However, finding Canadians to defend monarchy is a dime a dozen. You really need to ask yourself why that is.
'Cause we like them? Some of us even watched Coronation Street for entertainment. Asked and answered.

I dunno but "We're always complaining about them" as referenced to two individuals, equates to the mass of a citizenry how exactly? Cruising on down to the politics forum and a significant number of you want to see Snowden's cojones hanging from the Whitehouse portico lantern.

The bulk of you could give a rat's patoot about the corruption rife within your leadership as evidenced by it's been going on since before Nixon and continues unabated (as outlined and ignored by you in my post #53) so get off that phony pedestal of ethical superiority; aint' gonna fly here. You people are immune to graft, corruption AND morality deficits.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
LOL you've been smoking some of the GOOD stuff... most likely from a place that's run by the Queen... the horror the horror.
You're jealous too?

It's amazing how you Canadians can't acknowledge your countries faults such as monarchy. You won't catch me trying to downplay or defend slavery or any of America's faults.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayme2015 View Post
The bigger issue how i see is yes you will have some like these people who will swear an oath to Canada and thats fine but you could have some that will refuse and that is where i think there could be a huge issue unless you make it 100% clear that you have no choice to swear an oath to Canada.
The issue is swearing an oath to an unelected tyrant. They've said they have no problem swearing an oath to Canada.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
You're jealous too?

It's amazing how you Canadians can't acknowledge your countries faults such as monarchy. You won't catch me trying to downplay or defend slavery or any of America's faults.
Essential to the categorizing of acknowledging "our countries faults" is firstly agreeing we and the rest of the folks affected, actually consider the Monarchy a "fault" if in fact we do not and it does not have a sparrow's fart to do with you:

I ask once again why should we give your surmisal a tinker's damn bit of consideration when in point of fact you have a plethora of faults (refer back to post 53 and ignore it again at your leisure) you are willing to overlook as is evident to the whole world?

Old 07-12-2013, 09:25 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,731,081 times
As Australia is, at least nominally, still a member of the Commonwealth I thought I'd add these for comparison and debate. All new Australian citizens have a choice of two:

"From this time forward, under God, I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people, whose democratic beliefs I share, whose rights and liberties I respect, and whose laws I will uphold and obey."

OR

"From this time forward, I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people, whose democratic beliefs I share, whose rights and liberties I respect, and whose laws I will uphold and obey."

http://www.multiculturalaustralia.ed...c/pledge_1.pdf

I like them.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Assumption of a fact not in evidence. You have yet, as a country, to admit any of your overwhelmingly huge list of problems exist. In point of fact, you (the figurative you) have the historical penchant to take each problem, rationalize it and build on it's potential for beuraucracy creation for the next time!

First step? Waiting.........still waiting..........still waiting .....
Ok... I see you're trying to distract because apparently you're among the Canadians that must defend monarchy at all costs. I could easily respond to your nonsense saying "Where's your evidence that the US hasn't admitted that these problems exist?" and will go down that silly rabbit hole.

Let's focus on this, I as an American have admitted that those problems you listed do exist. Are you as a Canadian going to admit monarchy is a problem?

I'm waiting.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada