U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 05:50 PM

197 posts, read 215,569 times

Advertisements

Seen at the crossing at the photo fourth from the bottom: Photos for AMF Conchester Lanes | Yelp

I believe the Shell is no longer a Shell but I could be wrong, and the Dairy Queen has moved to a new location only a block or so from the one pictured. Now the name is abbreviated as DQ and the Brazier Foods name is gone. Sorry for not having more information to provide to help with my question, but I am a Brit and have never actually been to Canada! However, I have lived several places in the US, and Canada sounds like a truly lovely place to me. I picture it as beautiful and with a small town charm like the rural US, especially Southern states, but with much better education and politics, and none of the evils of the failed big cities of the US, with their crime and decay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 PM

903 posts, read 2,242,048 times
Link is only showing pictures of(in) a bowling alley for me

Old 07-12-2013, 08:16 PM

197 posts, read 215,569 times
Oops... sorry that was the fault of my iPad. This link should work: http://gassigns.org/husky.htm

Old 07-13-2013, 01:55 AM

34,387 posts, read 41,480,724 times
Your updated link is only showing Husky gas stations, i dont see any railway.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:19 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,272,361 times
I am a Canadian, so maybe I can help you.

Husky is a Canada wide company, that owns gas stations and truck stop centres. It is more popular in the western Provinces, than in the east, where I live.

Canada has two main railway companies, Canadian Pacific, and Canadian National. Both operate freight trains , across the country. Via rail is the passenger rail service. There are also some regional railway companies, that operate in a more local area than CP or CN do.

Does that help you ?

Jim B

Toronto.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:26 AM

In the past i did not know of any husky gas stations within a great distance of my hometown Brantford. Mostly up in northern ontario. But in the past few years Husky seems to be expanding quite quickly. There are now several in Brantford.

Edit.. This explains it.
In December 2009, Husky Energy announced that it has entered into an agreement with Suncor Energy Inc. and Suncor Energy Products Inc. to purchase 98 retail outlets in the Ontario market.[9] Husky will acquire 68 stations that are branded Sunoco and 30 stations that are branded Petro-Canada.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:01 PM

421 posts, read 710,729 times
I believe the OP is referring to the picture marked as Olds, Alberta... very clearly marked...

Old 07-13-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardwhirlboromarlpool1955 View Post
I believe the OP is referring to the picture marked as Olds, Alberta... very clearly marked...
I see no sign of a railroad in the one marked Olds Alberta which is 3rd from the bottom. The OP stated 4th from the bottom . In that one i can see some crossing lights but would have no clue without knowing a specific location which trains cross there

Old 07-13-2013, 11:38 PM

15,837 posts, read 10,041,097 times
Olds Alberta, Canadian Pacific RR line.
This is the same intersection in August 2012.
Husky is Esso, and if you "drive" down the Google street view you will see the same steeped roof building on the far right past the RR tracks.

August 2012: http://goo.gl/maps/79QzU

Husky photo: http://gassigns.org/bigemblm/meginbir-husky1.jpg

Old 07-14-2013, 11:04 AM

This link about the naming of Olds Town of Olds Maps and Facts | Olds Population | Street Map | Trails Map | Land Use District Map | Quick Links | Demographics describes the rail line as connecting Calgary and Edmonton.

I tried following the tracks on the maps through a few cities and did not see any train stations. I can't find any detail if there are any Via trains that pass on this track.
Other links..
Category:Railway stations in Alberta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Train routes by region | VIA Rail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada