U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 05:11 PM

3,719 posts, read 6,111,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
what on earth does this have to do with Trayvon Martinand George Zimmerman and our Canadian POV and opinion on the outcome of the trial?

What on earth does Justin Bieber have to do with anything in this thread?... Heck we could careless about him and what he does... Infact it seems just you (not the rest of Americans that contributed to this thread) care more about what Justin Beiber says and does then we do up here.
Your completely right, its my fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 05:15 PM

3,719 posts, read 6,111,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
In the world? THE-WORLD?????? Beiber? I would have thought it was that whole...your own governement is spying on the US population thing.

True, just your President. At basketball games, in Israel, and even at his own fundraiser. Everyone hates him.

I don't know why you think we give a **** about Beiber anyway. We shipped him down there for a reason, and you guys gobbled him up.
First what government isn't spying on its people, its just we the American people found out about it. Second I did exaggerate a little about how Justin beiber is the dirty laundry in the world, hes just he dirty laundry in countries that have to deal with him. Third you guys didn't send him down there, he came because there are more opportunities for him in America rather than Canada just like all your other artist go to America.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:29 PM

18,364 posts, read 10,435,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
First what government isn't spying on its people, its just we the American people found out about it. Second I did exaggerate a little about how Justin beiber is the dirty laundry in the world, hes just he dirty laundry in countries that have to deal with him. Third you guys didn't send him down there, he came because there are more opportunities for him in America rather than Canada just like all your other artist go to America.
Well I guess that explains the Chris Brown thingy then, doesn't it?

We send you a guy who pee's in mop buckets and drinks while underage. You send us a girl beater who brags about it, mmmm, I can definitely see the best part of this deal.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:39 PM

34,502 posts, read 41,641,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
You said dirty laundry which I assumed celebrities and artist and such, be more specific next time also why don't you review my whole post?
I did ..it seems you have issues with Justin Bieber..

Old 07-21-2013, 05:41 PM

10,912 posts, read 23,232,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well I guess that explains the Chris Brown thingy then, doesn't it?

We send you a guy who pee's in mop buckets and drinks while underage. You send us a girl beater who brags about it, mmmm, I can definitely see the best part of this deal.
LOL BruSan you almost made me knock over my laptop off the table I was laughing so hard

I know this is supposed to be a serious thread So I apologize for laughing and I think we went a little off topic here.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
LOL BruSan you almost made me knock over my laptop off the table I was laughing so hard

I know this is supposed to be a serious thread So I apologize for laughing and I think we went a little off topic here.
Always good if you can bring a little humour to the game of serious repartee.

You're kidding me aren't you? No one could possibly confuse these threads on here with serious discussions.

At best they're simply a distraction for a brief moment of time.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:06 PM

10,912 posts, read 23,232,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Always good if you can bring a little humour to the game of serious repartee.

You're kidding me aren't you? No one could possibly confuse these threads on here with serious discussions.

At best they're simply a distraction for a brief moment of time.
I assume a few people take this place kind of seriously but my guess is the Canadian C&D Forum gets alot of people trolling us Canucks just to get a reaction from us for fun to waste some time.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I assume a few people take this place kind of seriously but my guess is the Canadian C&D Forum gets alot of people trolling us Canucks just to get a reaction from us for fun to waste some time.
I think that's been noticed all right.

Even this thread gets the juices flowing for some when a significant portion of posters either cannot, or will not abide by the jury system.

Prosecuter was handed a hot potatoe and now it's getting even hotter since the verdict was read.

A veritable "catch 22". Find Zimmy guilty and the self defense law goes out the window; find him not guilty and no less than the President sticks his nose into it to keep fanning the flames.

He cannot seem to resist getting involved in the street level interactions of people of different races. First the Beer summit between a white cop and a black professor after he put his nose where it did not belong, now we have him professing to identify with a dope smoking kid with a bad attitude and history.

The man's a putz of the first order who has done more to drive a wedge between the races down there than George Wallace.

Gonna be a hot summer below the 49th.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:19 PM

3,020 posts, read 2,708,934 times
After watching this and reading the Wikipedia page, it's likely that if this incident were to happen in Canada it would not have even gone to trial. As Canadian, Mark Steyn, said:
"Nailing a guy on something, anything, is a time-honored American tradition: If you can't get Al Capone on the Valentine's Day massacre, get him on his taxes. Americans seem to have a sneaky admiration for this sort of thing, notwithstanding that, as we now know, the government is happy to get lots of other people on their taxes, too. [...]

How difficult can that be in a country in which a Hispanic Obama voter can be instantly transformed into the poster boy for white racism? [...]

If you know your Magna Carta, you'll be aware that "no official shall place a man on trial ... without producing credible witnesses to the truth of it." But the rights enjoyed by free men in the England of King John in 1215 are harder to come by in the State of Florida eight centuries later. [...]

The defining characteristic of English law is its distribution of power between prosecutor, judge and jury. This delicate balance has been utterly corrupted in the United States to the point where today at the federal level there is a conviction rate of over 90 percent, which would impress Mubarak and the House of Saud, if not quite yet, Kim Jong-Un."

Old 07-22-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
After
watching this and reading the Wikipedia page, it's likely that if this incident were to happen in Canada it would not have even gone to trial. As Canadian, Mark Steyn, said:
"Nailing a guy on something, anything, is a time-honored American tradition: If you can't get Al Capone on the Valentine's Day massacre, get him on his taxes. Americans seem to have a sneaky admiration for this sort of thing, notwithstanding that, as we now know, the government is happy to get lots of other people on their taxes, too. [...]

How difficult can that be in a country in which a Hispanic Obama voter can be instantly transformed into the poster boy for white racism? [...]

If you know your Magna Carta, you'll be aware that "no official shall place a man on trial ... without producing credible witnesses to the truth of it." But the rights enjoyed by free men in the England of King John in 1215 are harder to come by in the State of Florida eight centuries later. [...]

The defining characteristic of English law is its distribution of power between prosecutor, judge and jury. This delicate balance has been utterly corrupted in the United States to the point where today at the federal level there is a conviction rate of over 90 percent, which would impress Mubarak and the House of Saud, if not quite yet, Kim Jong-Un."
But golly; aren't they more democratic and "free" because they don't curtsy to a Queen?

A wonderful post I dearly wish had appeared in the thread titled "why do Canadian immigrants have to swear an oath to the British Queen".

Last edited by BruSan; 07-22-2013 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or