Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 PM

696 posts, read 901,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
I agree that Americans have some real morons holding political office. That is part of the reason why I chose to become a Canadian. I sure didn't come up here for the better shopping opportunities, or the better weather (though I do like the cooler summers).
Stephen Harper is still PM, no?

Old 08-05-2013, 05:46 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,500,813 times
Quote:
Has anyone encountered the U.S. Department of Homeland Security border stops when attempting to leave the country to cross into Canada?
Quote:
I told them I do not consent to a search and was immediately threatened and intimidated by these thugs.
Quote:
It really makes me glad I'm fortunate enough to live in Canada and not the U.S. police state.
Quote:
Wrong. Your refusal would be meaningless. The border search exception allows them to search you without a warrant. If you try to refuse a search, they won't just say "oh ok, have a nice day" and send you on your merry way back to Canada. They will search you.
Quote:
Exit searches are a feature of totalitarian regimes.
Quote:
Why else would a country want to control people and possibly prevent them from leaving the country?
I believe I have read enough. You might consider this topic in the Politics and Other Controversies forum...

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada