U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:44 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,996,603 times

Advertisements

Why are the websites for stores so different in Canada?

Go to the American website for Target. You can actually see PRICES.

Go to the Canadian website--- no prices.

Go to the Shoppers drug mart website - no prices that I can find.

Why is this? Don't Canadians want to know how much things cost or is it that they would see how much they are being ripped off compared to American prices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 PM

10,586 posts, read 10,791,321 times
Why are topics posted on this American site by Canadians so lame? Not meaning to be mean but do you really think there will be a prolonged conversation regarding shopping on line?

Old 07-24-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Why are topics posted on this American site by Canadians so lame? Not meaning to be mean but do you really think there will be a prolonged conversation regarding shopping on line?
I don't think it's lame. I posted the same question about home prices and no one was able to answer. Is there no freedom of information in Canada?

Why is there no price information in Canada on-line about just about anything? It's just weird.

My guess is because everything is so incredibly expensive, and they don't want Canadians to see how badly they are being ripped off.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:40 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,747,894 times
When you place your online order it will show you the price.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
When you place your online order it will show you the price.
On these websites, you can't even shop online. Like the Canadian Target site, doesn't have on-line shopping.

Maybe Canadians don't do a lot of on-line shopping?

Old 07-24-2013, 11:44 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,747,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
On these websites, you can't even shop online. Like the Canadian Target site, doesn't have on-line shopping.

They probably try to encourage you to shop at their stores in person?
Amazon has a Canadian site most people probably shop there.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:45 PM

10,586 posts, read 10,791,321 times
Quote:
I don't think it's lame. I posted the same question about home prices and no one was able to answer. Is there no freedom of information in Canada?

Why is there no price information in Canada on-line about just about anything? It's just weird.

My guess is because everything is so incredibly expensive, and they don't want Canadians to see how badly they are being ripped off.
It's the culture here- people are so heavily taxed that they gouge the next guy to stay afloat- Yes it is expensive - a hundred dollar bill is actually a twenty now. Speaking of culture...I can go up to China town - go to the butcher and purchase 4 huge pork chops for a few dollars. If I go to a mainstream grocery store...I get half of that for three times the price- Some cultures take care of each other- With typical Canadians it is every man for himself. Personally I have to hustle to maintain.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:55 PM

1,723 posts, read 5,147,182 times
Less competition, lower standards, smaller population so lower incentive for multinationals to capitalize on the market.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:06 AM

30,924 posts, read 31,815,566 times
Quote:

I guess you are not aware that Target is new in Canada...Be patient... Target Canada Has Online Shopping in Its Sights - Canada Real Time - WSJ

Shoppers prices ARE posted on their site... http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Food-And-Home.aspx

Prices of houses in Canada are easy to find... http://www.chpc.biz/charts.html But if you want to know the price of a particular home try the MLS service for whatever city you are interested in, for instance Toronto.... http://www.torontorealestate.ca/Sear...o-MLS-Listings

I have no idea what your problem is unless you don't know how to use google search.

Last edited by sanspeur; 07-25-2013 at 12:20 AM..

Old 07-25-2013, 12:27 AM

30,924 posts, read 31,815,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It's the culture here- people are so heavily taxed that they gouge the next guy to stay afloat- Yes it is expensive - a hundred dollar bill is actually a twenty now. Speaking of culture...I can go up to China town - go to the butcher and purchase 4 huge pork chops for a few dollars. If I go to a mainstream grocery store...I get half of that for three times the price- Some cultures take care of each other- With typical Canadians it is every man for himself. Personally I have to hustle to maintain.
Your statement on taxes is bull crap.... Do Canadians Really Pay More Taxes Than Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or