U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:56 PM

12,347 posts, read 10,358,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
Unless Canadians are 50% or more of native/indian blood, unless they marry an American citizen or someone who has been granted permanent residency in the United States, or unless they are sponsored for a Green Card by their employers (a fairly rare occurrence), this is virtually impossible for most native born Canadians. I'd love to become an American; it's only the mad immigration laws down there that have stopped me from doing so.

Wow, I thought most of you smug Canadians hated the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,038,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
As many Canadians are force-fed a diet of anti-American claptrap from a young age, they can't help but be mistaken about the place. Don't get me wrong, there are things about the States that I don't like, but then there are also things about Canada that similarly confound me. The States is alright.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
As many Canadians are force-fed a diet of anti-American claptrap from a young age, they can't help but be mistaken about the place. Don't get me wrong, there are things about the States that I don't like, but then there are also things about Canada that similarly confound me. The States is alright.

Sure is nice to know that this supposed great and friendly neighbor to our north really does just despise the lot of us. You can't move in certain parts of this country in winter (and summer too since your summer isn't that great either) without bumping into a Canadian. Never once will they utter a nasty word about the US when you encounter them here, but go to Canada and what a different story.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:39 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,038,800 times
Quote:
Sure is nice to know that this supposed great and friendly neighbor to our north really does just despise the lot of us. You can't move in certain parts of this country in winter (and summer too since your summer isn't that great either) without bumping into a Canadian. Never once will they utter a nasty word about the US when you encounter them here, but go to Canada and what a different story.
Alright, Tom. Well, that will get them going if nothing else.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:40 AM

34,497 posts, read 41,630,408 times
Quote:
Sure is nice to know that this supposed great and friendly neighbor to our north really does just despise the lot of us.
If your ongoing hate for Canada is Representative of American attitudes toward Canada is it any wonder we dont live up your friendly neighbor to the north designation.
As for Canadians despising the lot of you? A Very doubtful and vacuous stereotype , what are you basing this all Canadians despise all Americans observation on?

Old 08-03-2013, 06:27 AM

75 posts, read 140,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Can you explain how Canadian Snowbirds to the U.S. are a drain on the U.S. taxpayer? What services are they using and not paying for?

Also where did you get the stat of 15 percent of Canada leaving for the winter? Is that including all Canadians who travel out of country in the winter months or people who stay for a specific period of time? What percentage of that 15 percent actually goes to the U.S. as opposed to Mexico, Cost Rica etc?
Thoroughly agree and cannot understand where 509 is basing the assumptions? Maybe just being grumpy

Old 08-03-2013, 11:31 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,764,050 times
Quote:
Says the guy who wants the country to split.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Says the guy who wants the country to split.
You got that right. Their dislike of the US has nothing to do with my desire to see changes here.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:49 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,764,050 times
Quote:
You got that right. Their dislike of the US has nothing to do with my desire to see changes here.
To me you are on the same boat as the annoying foreigners who are obsessed with us.
remember, we are the United States of America.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:36 PM

9 posts, read 7,243 times
Default Snowbirds? Too bad your weather sucks

If you are going to let these losers into our country for longer stays because their country sucks, you should charge them accordingly. A thousand dollars each six months sounds pretty good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or