U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 04:49 PM

34,423 posts, read 41,527,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
Of course.. The more American companies in Canada the better.
Looks like Verizon wont be one of them.
Verizon no longer interested in coming to Canada: CEO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
Of course.. The more American companies in Canada the better.
Odd logic from some one who so desperately wants to move to Canada then to want it to be just like America. Whats the point?.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:55 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,278,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Odd logic from some one who so desperately wants to move to Canada then to want it to be just like America. Whats the point?.
Having more American companies doesn't make Canada to be "just like America". Canada still has its own political, legal, healthcare and education system, which won't be changed by Macy's and JCPenny's. There is not odd about it. You should refresh your logic before criticizing other's.

When it comes to shopping, America trumps Canada in a big way. No way to argume against it. Millions of cross border shoppers are proving it on a daily basis. The shopping scene in cities like Toronto is pathetic.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Looks like Verizon wont be one of them.
Verizon no longer interested in coming to Canada: CEO
heard the bad news.

Hopefully another foreign telco will seize the opportunity.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Having more American companies doesn't make Canada to be "just like America". Canada still has its own political, legal, healthcare and education system, which won't be changed by Macy's and JCPenny's. There is not odd about it. You should refresh your logic before criticizing other's.

When it comes to shopping, America trumps Canada in a big way. No way to argume against it. Millions of cross border shoppers are proving it on a daily basis. The shopping scene in cities like Toronto is pathetic.
I know that and you know that but the The response was aimed at J4J who doesnt get that,.
As for America trumping Canada in the shopping dept,? with a population of 350 Million people compared with Canadas 35 million people i guess so eh!
As an aside botticelli i notice a very dissatisfied attitude toward Canada in most of your posts, its almost as if you enjoy painting Canada in as negative a light as possible, You particularly seem to enjoy telling us how great (In your opinion)the USA is and how pathetic Canada is. You ever give some thought to moving to the USA and thereby adding a new level of happiness to your existence?.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:21 PM

3,097 posts, read 4,157,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Why are you "dying to live in Canada" if you want to make it like your country?
looks like you win!!!...no Verizon, I guess we can all go back to having no choice between the duopoly...just the way you like it.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
As for America trumping Canada in the shopping dept,? with a population of 350 Million people compared with Canadas 35 million people i guess so eh!
The US has 317 M population, not 350M.
Population Clock

All Canadians seem to firmly believe the US is 10X Canada's size in terms of population, when in fact it is less than 9X.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
As an aside botticelli i notice a very dissatisfied attitude toward Canada in most of your posts, its almost as if you enjoy painting Canada in as negative a light as possible, You particularly seem to enjoy telling us how great (In your opinion)the USA is and how pathetic Canada is. You ever give some thought to moving to the USA and thereby adding a new level of happiness to your existence?.
No reason to be personal. I say what I think is right and there is no agenda here. When Canada does something poorly, I just say it out loud (when most Canadians are relunctant to because they'd rather pretend Canada is superior in all aspects). And yes, Canada is pathetic in many ways, particularly in this role acting as one of US' little followers on the world stage, and in happily accepting all the cultural offerings without even making much efforts to create its own (outside Quebec). Am I wrong about those?

As to move to the US, I am fully aware that's a tactic Canadians always love to employ whenever someone says something negative about Canada. It is a pathetic mentality (yes, again). I did live in the US for 4 years before, so many of my posts are from real life experience, not based on occasional short trips to the US or even the news, like many Canadians here. the US is far from a perfect or ideal country, but there are many things it is doing much better than the Canada and we should all learn from it instead of choosing to refuse to acknowledge it (for example, encouraging people to be more aspiring, to be more productive, to reward success by enlarging the income gap, to achieve your potential through hardwork instead of looking at other taxpayers' pocket).

I would move back to California if immigration is easy for a variety of reasons, but in reality it is not.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
No reason to be personal. I say what I think is right and there is no agenda here. When Canada does something poorly, I just say it out loud (when most Canadians are relunctant to because they'd rather pretend Canada is superior in all aspects). And yes, Canada is pathetic in many ways, particularly in this role acting as one of US' little followers on the world stage, and in happily accepting all the cultural offerings without even making much efforts to create its own (outside Quebec). Am I wrong about those?

Its your opinion and if thats what you think i cant argue the fact its just that every post you make seems to knock Canada, is there anything you like about living here?

Old 09-03-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
is there anything you like about living here?
Of course there is plenty.
I just choose not to repeat them as many posters are doing it every day - why not ask them if there is anything they don't like about Canada. I am sure there is, but they don't talk about it much either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or