U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 08:35 AM

18,273 posts, read 10,371,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaliyahm22 View Post
So Topic creator. You got your answer i suppose
Naah; that won't suffice for this one.

He went searching for a thread gone dormant since June and his post number 130 and subsequent posts on there more adequately serve to illustrate his "special" chagrin at being treated as less than "numero uno".

Time to abolish the U.S. / Canada border & no need for citizenship

We'll be hearing much more from this one, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 AM

1,723 posts, read 5,140,930 times
He makes a valid point. Border guards on both sides of the border treat innocent travelers like pond scum. Something needs to be done about it.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:37 PM

18,273 posts, read 10,371,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
He makes a valid point. Border guards on both sides of the border treat innocent travelers like pond scum. Something needs to be done about it.
On that point, we are in total agreement.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:11 AM

252 posts, read 501,691 times
This thing has been created by we human itself :/
Should be abolished as soon as possible.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:35 AM

34,377 posts, read 41,463,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaliyahm22 View Post
This thing has been created by we human itself :/
Should be abolished as soon as possible.
What thing? "we human itself" what should be abolished?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:36 AM

8,568 posts, read 7,139,364 times
ive only ever been (and felt) mistreated once at the us boarder crossing and funny enough it was my first trip over after i had gotten my permanent residence visa on the day i was moving in to the country.

it should have just been an easy activation of my credentials in to the system and a smile but for whatever reason the young officer decided to start interviewing me like i was any old common traveler being pulled in for a red flag.

he told me i was untruthful about not living in the united stated for the past 3 years (ummm what?), ripped through all my personal belongings ruining two collectable figures worth over $700 each in the process...(thanks dude!)
he totally ignored the fact i was there to MOVE in to the country and had already gone through the entire process of approval and scrutiny...he didnt even look at the paper work that was given to him for the visa activation and wave over the boarder. he kept going off about my ties to canada and how i had none, HELLO! YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE NONE YOU ARE MOVING IN TO THE UNITED STATES A TOTALLY DIFFERENT COUNTRY!

anyways....very long story short i went ballistic on him after remaining calm for about an hour of having nothing that should have been taking place done, which got a lot of attention from other officers...naturally. i told him in so many words that if he had no ****ing clue of immigration worked at these crossings he needed to be looking for a job at mcdonalds to get by in life.

the superior on duty finally came out (who we have a history with from crossing, he immediately recognized myself and my wife) and sorted the situation out within 2 minutes. he looked at the kid like a father looks at a horrible son and i was out of there in 10 minutes after being interviewed the wrong way for a full hour and an hour more of waiting around inside

the upside to all this is after filling a complaint we found out the officer was let go a month later due to the incident and how he handled it. his reason for doing what he did was a general lack of ever experiencing visa activations.

as far as general behaviors though, i get it. they are not your buddies, they are not there to yuck it up with you and have a good time. they are there to establish your intent for crossing in to their country. its a serious matter that requires a serious tone for those who just dont get it...."being frank" is not for the sole purpose of being rude to you, its to get you through the system as efficiently and safely as possible.

its a job, not a bar.

on the opposite side of the coin i feel the canadian boarder is far too lax the majority of the time relaying on the random pull in system as their main method of heavy screening

i can sum up my feelings by telling you this little ditty. my father in law was let in to the country on his 15 year old daughters passport that he has mistakenly taken instead of his own not once, not twice....but five times.

it was not until he was returning in to the united states that he was even aware he had the wrong passport with him.

Last edited by rego00123; 08-09-2013 at 12:48 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 12:14 AM

252 posts, read 501,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What thing? "we human itself" what should be abolished?
Lots of things.
Being a terrorist.
Separating the world into Countries,states,districts,cities
Separating the religion.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:10 AM

1,462 posts, read 1,369,769 times
Just crossed from Maine to New Brunswick and back and had zero issues. On the way back we had 8 bottles of wine, a case of beer, and some moonshine, which theoretically we should have to pay tax on. Nothing. Smooth sailing.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:32 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,713,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Or maybe there is just a bunch of sensitive travelers crossing the border and the border patrol are just being straight forward by doing their job and dont have the time to say "please" and "thank you" to everything and talk in a fake-friendly tone of voice?

Old 08-10-2013, 11:36 PM

3,274 posts, read 3,693,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Or maybe there is just a bunch of sensitive travelers crossing the border and the border patrol are just being straight forward by doing their job and dont have the time to say "please" and "thank you" to everything and talk in a fake-friendly tone of voice?
Shill alert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or