U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 03:40 PM

34,475 posts, read 41,589,827 times

Advertisements

I did notice a while back their coffee sizes were kinda small but they've fixed that and now their old medium size is now their small size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 09:13 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,703,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
From the few times i've been i've come to hate Dunkin donuts ,yuck disgusting, its like they make their products from rotting garbage and their coffee comes straight from the toilet or dishwater., the mere thought of Dunkin Donuts is bringing me to the brink of a retching /gagging event.
From what i've seen on infrequent drive bys is all their clientele have a lot in common with Honey Boo Boo and her mom. The place should be legislated out of business in the interests of humanity.
This just gives you an idea how the make their chocolate..http://www.rogallery.com/_RG-Images/...kin_Donuts.jpg
I gotta run to the bathroom...
OK time for lunch, how about a quality place like
I thought you were referring to Tim Hortons for a second there...

Old 09-05-2013, 09:15 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,703,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Are you seriously pretending that Tim Horton's is quality food, or anything better than Dunkin Donuts?
Not that I eat at either, but Tim's is no better. Just because you are Canadian shouldn't mean you can make such a biased statement.

The wildly popular Tim Bits are simply disgusting. The only reason people buy them is because they are cheap.
Believe it or not, Tim Hortons used to be pretty good. That was before they foisted this "parbaking" nonsense onto an unsuspecting public.
They ought to be hauled before a judge for false advertising when they say, "Always Fresh".

Old 09-05-2013, 09:31 PM

589 posts, read 7,354,080 times

Quote:
...Once in a while when our sportscar club meets there i'll have a ham and cheese Panini,a bowl of French onion soup and a large coffee,, a satisfying meal if you can find some where to sit..
Sportscar club??? Pray, do tell more...

Ron

___

Old 09-05-2013, 11:21 PM

7,317 posts, read 6,621,532 times
Quote:

Once in a while when our sportscar club meets there i'll have a ham and cheese Panini,a bowl of French onion soup and a large coffee,, a satisfying meal if you can find some where to sit..
Sshhh - don't tell anyone. Your club might get banned from using them as a meeting place.

Just joking of course but yesterday they did put the kibosh on the Sensible BC campaigners from holding any more meetings at all Timmys locations.

Tim Hortons puts a lid on marijuana reform meetings | CTV British Columbia News

Old 09-06-2013, 12:59 AM

34,475 posts, read 41,589,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Grouch View Post

Sportscar club??? Pray, do tell more...

Ron

___
We usually do Sunday fun runs, a local Tim Hortons Parking lot is a convenient place to meet.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:41 PM

589 posts, read 7,354,080 times

Kinda off topic, jambo, so I'll keep it short; what do you drive and what town do you meet in?

Ron

___

Old 09-06-2013, 10:06 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,037,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
They are both bottom of the barrel sh*t.
^^^
This.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthYorkEd View Post
For years Tim Hortons kept shrinking their cups while jacking up prices. It got to the point that the small was about the size of a shot glass.

Then, to further reward their customers for their loyalty over the years, they switched to frozen, low-quality foods.

They also used to try and charge a size differential for their tea until enough people complained (after all, you are only getting one bag and just more water). So what did they do? They came out with their steeped tea so they could use even less bags and continue to charge a size differential.

Only after they felt the substantial heat from competition like McDonalds, where a medium is the equivalent of a Timmies quadruple extra-large, they saw the light and decided that they should bring back a more fair cup size. And bagged tea.

They took advantage of decades of customer loyalty by being greedy and ripping people off. Now that they have stiff competition they suddenly love us again and want to make nice. I say to hell with them and their trucker-swill mud water and cardboard eats.
^^^
This.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Are you seriously pretending that Tim Horton's is quality food, or anything better than Dunkin Donuts?
Not that I eat at either, but Tim's is no better. Just because you are Canadian shouldn't mean you can make such a biased statement.

The wildly popular Tim Bits are simply disgusting. The only reason people buy them is because they are cheap.
^^^
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or