U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 06:20 AM

34,397 posts, read 41,499,470 times

Advertisements

I guess its a case of =
Quote:
"You may please all the people some of the time; you can even please some of the people all the time; but you can't please all of the people all the time."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 08:01 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,270,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Their marketing department would be pleased to know that i dont frequent Timmies that much because they are usually too crowded, while many of us dont see the hype many more will line up out the door or around the block for their drive through.Obviously they are doing something right
Once in a while when our sportscar club meets there i'll have a ham and cheese Panini,a bowl of French onion soup and a large coffee,, a satisfying meal if you can find some where to sit..
They are crowded only because Tim Horton's is cheap. There is no other reason.
Where else can you get a donut for $1 and a coffee for $1.33?

Old 09-03-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Tim Hortons is average. Average coffee, average donuts, average meals. Great if you're on the go, but I don't know anybody who makes a special trip to Tim's for lunch.

Why? Tim's locations are always too busy. The drive-thru is 20 cars deep, the lineup inside is seven people deep, and the person at the head of the line wants that sandwich--no, not that one, the other one, and can you put that on a herb parmesan roll? You can't? Subway can. Oh, of course, you're not Subway. Well, okay, but do you have hot peppers? No? Subw--ah, yes, okay. To drink? A Coke--no wait, make that a Sprite--and for the kids, we'll have--kids? Kids? What do you want? Ashley? Madison? Kyle? You can read, see the menu board. Oh, you can too. Look: S-A-N-D-W-I-C-H. What kind do you want? Kyle, stop bothering the man. No, they don't have toys here. Kyle! Leave the man alone! No, we're not going to McDonald's. Kyle! You've made the man leave! No, you can't have a box of Timbits for lunch.....

No, thanks. (And if it's not apparent, I'm the guy that Kyle was threatening with his toy lightsaber. I got fed up with the slowness of Tim's and what I had to put up with while waiting in line. I left, and went elsewhere for my coffee.)

Given that Tim's is average, and so are many other places, if all I want is coffee, I'll go to the other places. They are less crowded, the coffee is just as good, and the service is faster. I'm in and out, badda-bing, badda-boom, in two or three minutes.

I've often felt that Tim Hortons ought to have a "coffee and donut only" express lane, for those of us who want nothing else. "A large double-double and a dozen Timbits, thanks very much." And you're out of there in two minutes instead of fifteen.
Good one

I am also sick of people at the front of the line yet still not knowing what to order, or always have special request for something as cheap as $2. I mean, why the heck can't make up your mind what to have and stop hesitating between this and that wasting everyone's time?

I have also seen old folks at the register wasting time trying to chat with the cashier about things nobody is interested in. They only pretend they are making choices but in fact they just want to talk to someone. Well, if you really want to chat, go somewhere and find an equally lonely person,not the cashier at a busy fast food restaurant.

Get in line, clearly order whatever you want within 30 seconds when it is your turn (quit all the indecisive BS), and leave, this is how people should order their food at a fast food restaurant.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:48 AM

21,948 posts, read 27,365,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
They are crowded only because Tim Horton's is cheap. There is no other reason.
Where else can you get a donut for $1 and a coffee for $1.33?
I think that's their business model. They'll only get 2-3 bucks out of every client every time, but they'll get that from millions of people, a couple of times a day.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I think that's their business model. They'll only get 2-3 bucks out of every client every time, but they'll get that from millions of people, a couple of times a day.
That's essentially the "Chinese restaurant" business model here - thin profit, large volume. Many of the those restaurants open 24/7 because the demand is huge and it is worth it to be open at 4 am.

I would't call Tim Horton's a very successful business. No one outside Canada and a few American states heard of it. When you business in limited in a few saturated markets, the potential is limited as well.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:03 AM

21,948 posts, read 27,365,858 times
Quote:
That's essentially the "Chinese restaurant" business model here - thin profit, large volume. Many of the those restaurants open 24/7 because the demand is huge and it is worth it to be open at 4 am.

I would't call Tim Horton's a very successful business. No one outside Canada and a few American states heard of it. When you business in limited in a few saturated markets, the potential is limited as well.
I am not a fan of Tim Hortons' products or "dining experience" (if you can call it that), but its profits are in the 150 million range and are always up year over year.

I'd call that a pretty successful business, regardless of whether they have expanded or not outside of Canada.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:

I would't call Tim Horton's a very successful business. .
You gotta be kidding.. Whether you like their products or not their success is undeniable.
Read up on a success story..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hortons

TIMELINE:
  • 1964 - First Tim Hortons restaurant opens in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
  • 1967 - Ron Joyce and Tim Horton become full partners
  • 1974 - In February, Tim Horton dies in tragic car crash
  • 1975 - 1st Tim Horton Children's Foundation camp opens in Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada
  • 1984 - 1st U.S. restaurant opens in Tonawanda, New York
  • 1991 - 500th Canadian restaurant opens in Aylmer, Quebec
  • 1995 - Tim Hortons is purchased by Wendy's International Inc.
  • 1995 - 1000th Canadian restaurant opens in Ancaster, Ontario
  • 1997 - 1500th restaurant in the chain opens in Pickerington, Ohio
  • 1998 - 100th U.S. restaurant opens in Columbus, Ohio
  • 2000 - 2000th restaurant in the chain opens in Toronto, Ontario
  • 2001 - 1st U.S. Tim Horton Children's Foundation camp, Camp Kentahten, opens in Campbellsville, Kentucky
  • 2004 - Tim Hortons celebrate its 40th anniversary
  • 2006 (March) - Tim Hortons completes an initial public offering and is fully spun off as a separate company as of September 29, 2006. Tim Hortons trades on the NYSE and TSX under the symbol THI.
  • 2006 (December) - 3000th restaurant in the chain opens in Orchard Park, New York
  • 2008 - 500th U.S. restaurant opens in Detroit, MI
  • 2009 - Tim Hortons and Kahala Corp - parent company of Cold Stone Creamery - announced the co-branding of up to 100 combined restaurants in the U.S.
  • 2009 - Tim Hortons Inc. announced on September 28, that it has completed the reorganization of its corporate structure to become a Canadian public company.
  • 2011 - Tim Hortons signs a Master License Agreement (MLA) with Apparel Group based in Dubai for up to 120 multi-format restaurants in markets in the Gulf Cooperation Council.
  • 2011 - In December, Tim Hortons opened its 4,000th restaurant.

Last edited by jambo101; 09-03-2013 at 09:51 AM..

Old 09-03-2013, 10:45 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,562,043 times
Donuts cost 99 cents each at dunking donuts in America. 6 for 3.99 and 12 for 6.99

Old 09-04-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
Donuts cost 99 cents each at dunking donuts in America. 6 for 3.99 and 12 for 6.99
From the few times i've been i've come to hate Dunkin donuts ,yuck disgusting, its like they make their products from rotting garbage and their coffee comes straight from the toilet or dishwater., the mere thought of Dunkin Donuts is bringing me to the brink of a retching /gagging event.
From what i've seen on infrequent drive bys is all their clientele have a lot in common with Honey Boo Boo and her mom. The place should be legislated out of business in the interests of humanity.
This just gives you an idea how the make their chocolate..http://www.rogallery.com/_RG-Images/...kin_Donuts.jpg
I gotta run to the bathroom...
OK time for lunch, how about a quality place like

Last edited by jambo101; 09-04-2013 at 10:55 AM..

Old 09-04-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
From the few times i've been i've come to hate Dunkin donuts ,yuck disgusting, its like they make their products from rotting garbage and their coffee comes straight from the toilet or dishwater., the mere thought of Dunkin Donuts is bringing me to the brink of a retching /gagging event.
From what i've seen on infrequent drive bys is all their clientele have a lot in common with Honey Boo Boo and her mom. The place should be legislated out of business in the interests of humanity.
This just gives you an idea how the make their chocolate..http://www.rogallery.com/_RG-Images/...kin_Donuts.jpg
I gotta run to the bathroom...
OK time for lunch, how about a quality place like
Are you seriously pretending that Tim Horton's is quality food, or anything better than Dunkin Donuts?
Not that I eat at either, but Tim's is no better. Just because you are Canadian shouldn't mean you can make such a biased statement.

The wildly popular Tim Bits are simply disgusting. The only reason people buy them is because they are cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or