U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 AM

3 posts, read 2,823 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone :-)
I was born and raised in Victoria, and then moved away, (worse thing to do), any Whooo, I am finally moving back after 14 long years. I would like to get some info on Victoria please, since it has been so long.
Best places to rent a house
Rental rates for houses, at least 2 bedrooms 1 and a half bathroom, nice yard kind of thing
Grocery prices
Are there a lot of natural healthy stores around?
What are the buses like, as I don't drive
Are special needs people accepted or tolerated? ( I am bringing with me, an autistic woman I look after)
As you can see I am looking for any information or web sites or links people can direct me too.
Thanks everyone, looking forward to coming home again :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 10:55 AM

12,672 posts, read 8,743,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander4Ever View Post
Hello everyone :-)
I was born and raised in Victoria, and then moved away, (worse thing to do), any Whooo, I am finally moving back after 14 long years. I would like to get some info on Victoria please, since it has been so long.
Best places to rent a house
Rental rates for houses, at least 2 bedrooms 1 and a half bathroom, nice yard kind of thing
Grocery prices
Are there a lot of natural healthy stores around?
What are the buses like, as I don't drive
Are special needs people accepted or tolerated? ( I am bringing with me, an autistic woman I look after)
As you can see I am looking for any information or web sites or links people can direct me too.
Thanks everyone, looking forward to coming home again :-)
Google has most of your answers.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Google has most of your answers.
Yes they do, and I have spent a large portion of my days looking at what Google has to offer, but I was looking more for info from people who live there :-)

Old 08-26-2013, 01:16 PM

30,875 posts, read 31,754,043 times
I've lived here since 91 and love it....Very friendly to special needs folk....I can't tell you the best area to live, except I would avoid Esquimalt, and if you have to rely on the transit system the rents in the western communities are reasonable, but it takes awhile to get downtown...
Victoria Regional Transit System

This will give you an idea what the cost of rent is. Houses For Rent in Victoria, BC

Plenty of health food stores... https://www.google.ca/search?q=victo...ox-a&gws_rd=cr

Grocery prices are higher than on the mainland as almost everything comes by ferry, and the rising price of fuel affects the price of everything shipped to the island.... Thrifty Foods - Weekly Specials - Cover (pg. 1)

Old 08-26-2013, 03:14 PM

Hello
Thank you for the great reply back, those links will help a lot for sure..
I remember hearing Esquimalt is a little rough now, compared to when I lived there before.
I am so looking forward to coming back to what I always considered home. Thanks once again for the ideas, and also the links..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I've lived here since 91 and love it....Very friendly to special needs folk....I can't tell you the best area to live, except I would avoid Esquimalt, and if you have to rely on the transit system the rents in the western communities are reasonable, but it takes awhile to get downtown...
Victoria Regional Transit System

This will give you an idea what the cost of rent is. Houses For Rent in Victoria, BC

Plenty of health food stores... https://www.google.ca/search?q=victo...ox-a&gws_rd=cr

Grocery prices are higher than on the mainland as almost everything comes by ferry, and the rising price of fuel affects the price of everything shipped to the island.... Thrifty Foods - Weekly Specials - Cover (pg. 1)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada