U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 06:59 PM

1,626 posts, read 2,832,876 times

Advertisements

As Peter Tosh once said..."Legalize it...don't criticize it!"

For those who think decrim is the answer, don't you realize this half-a55ed measure allows people to smoke pot legally, but at the same time allows organized crime to continue profiting off it and controlling its trade? Little bit of a contradiction, don't you think? Decrim is a pi55-poor compromise. Legalize it 100%. No one should be going to prison for growing, selling, or using marijuana.

I will vote Liberal if it helps end Canada's disastrous role in the War on Drugs. Then we can start thinking about decriminalizing all drugs like Portugal has, so that money can be diverted from incarcerating addicts to helping with research, education, and rehabilitation. I've seen too many friends die and have their lives ruined because they were not able to access pricey rehab centres, and the wait lists for poorly-funded OHIP-covered centres is many months long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 07:56 PM

5,710 posts, read 6,565,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I agree. I used to smoke at least one joint to me head every day for YEARS. I decided it was costing too much money so i decided to stop buying, and was nervous as hell about it.

I was completetly fine. lol
Don't you mean you are completely fine?

Old 09-01-2013, 08:04 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,214,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Don't you mean you are completely fine?
Hmm....

Yes.....that would be correct. lol

Old 09-01-2013, 08:09 PM
pdw

1,473 posts, read 1,972,660 times
I don't want to get in an argument, but I wouldn't consider marijuana to be natural. You have plants as tall as a fully grown man that people used to grow in flower pots. The THC levels are dangerously high.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I don't want to get in an argument, but I wouldn't consider marijuana to be natural. You have plants as tall as a fully grown man that people used to grow in flower pots. The THC levels are dangerously high.
What do you mean by dangerously high, as THC has never been proven to be harmful? There are prescrition pills doctors can prescribe that are 100% pure THC (Marinol). Are those dangerous? Also, increased pot potency means people smoke less of it, which means less damage to lungs. Of course, if you vaporize your pot or ingest it there is no lung damage at all. You don't sound very informed about THC or cannabis. You should do some real research if you're going to take a position on such an important issue.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:12 PM

4,826 posts, read 4,471,938 times
Does eating weed cause the same effects as smoking it?

Old 09-01-2013, 09:16 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,464,284 times
Legalize it and then use the tax for post-sec education or something. Sick of these old, uninformed cranks thinking it makes sense to throw normal kids in prison and how young adults should put every penny they ever make towards school.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:18 AM

2,204 posts, read 1,767,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Interesting. " poof " LOL.
Not just interesting, constitutional.

A lot has been made over Washington and Colorado legalizing marijuana--which those states can, under the 10th Amendment. Rights over criminal law (including drugs) are not mentioned in the US Constitution as being federally reserved; therefore, the states have control of them, as per the 10th Amendment.

Canada is different. In Canada, the criminal law is reserved to the federal government, as per s. 91(27) of the Constitution, and drugs are criminalized. Thus, they fall under the jurisdiction of the federal government, as the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act confirms. So, if the federal government removes marijuana from the CDSA, it becomes legal in all provinces at the same time.

That being said, however, the provinces could then treat possession as a provincial offense (if they choose to; they might not), and issue tickets for possession/use as a provincial offense. It would be similar to a speeding ticket: upon conviction, a fine would ensue, but no criminal record would.

I honestly don't know what would happen in terms of the provinces if the federal Parliament made marijuana legal. But it would seem to me that "making it legal" at the federal level might not necessarily make it legal at the provincial level.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Does eating weed cause the same effects as smoking it?
You don't eat the actual weed. You simmer it gently in butter - the THC is oil-soluble and absorbs into the butter. You let the butter cool and reconstitute, and then cook with it. Anything you make with the butter will be psychoactive when eaten. The effects are potent and long-lasting - not that I would know

Old 09-02-2013, 01:52 PM

5,710 posts, read 6,565,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
You don't eat the actual weed. You simmer it gently in butter - the THC is oil-soluble and absorbs into the butter. You let the butter cool and reconstitute, and then cook with it. Anything you make with the butter will be psychoactive when eaten. The effects are potent and long-lasting - not that I would know
The things I learn on the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or