U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-10-2013, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,704 posts, read 8,782,287 times
Reputation: 7319

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
What are "TD" and "BMO"?

I didn't see the interior of a bank in the movie I mentioned.

The mailboxes and license plates tend to stay in the background or out of focus. For all I know, they may be edited out of the picture.
Looks like there are no TD's in Mississippi. TD and BMO have been on a shopping spree in the US buying up some of your banks. TD signs are common over most of the US now, BMO might be more under the radar.

https://www.tdameritrade.com/branchlocator/index.html

Bank of Montreal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2013, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,699 posts, read 8,504,060 times
Reputation: 4898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Looks like there are no TD's in Mississippi. TD and BMO have been on a shopping spree in the US buying up some of your banks. TD signs are common over most of the US now, BMO might be more under the radar.

https://www.tdameritrade.com/branchlocator/index.html

Bank of Montreal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since entering the US, I think less than 10 years ago, it's balooned into one of the top 10 banks in the country. While there's none yet in Mississippi there probably will be soon, it's already become a big deal in Florida and in the Carolinas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2013, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,704 posts, read 8,782,287 times
Reputation: 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Since entering the US, I think less than 10 years ago, it's balooned into one of the top 10 banks in the country. While there's none yet in Mississippi there probably will be soon, it's already become a big deal in Florida and in the Carolinas.
Most likely. I don't think Mouldy got my joke though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,564 posts, read 9,437,752 times
Reputation: 6739
I keep a sharp eye out for creeping Canadianisms when I watch those "Canamerican" movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,704 posts, read 8,782,287 times
Reputation: 7319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I keep a sharp eye out for creeping Canadianisms when I watch those "Canamerican" movies.
We do the same. I remember a made for TV movie filmed in Vancouver that was suppose to be Seattle.
Well anyone knowing the two cities could see what a poor job they did of " hiding " Vancouver.

Last edited by Natnasci; 09-11-2013 at 01:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top