U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 06:39 PM

29 posts, read 35,014 times

Advertisements

Thank God small crosses would still be allowed, and crucifix would remain on the assembly court and huge cross on Mont-Royal would remain

Quebec is aware of the Islamic radicalism in Europe. God Bless PQ Government

I'm moving to QC when I become fluent in French vive la Quebec!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 06:57 PM

564 posts, read 879,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceful Forever View Post
Canada is a Christian country and everybody should respect that.
Oh please. I'm not Christian. Are you saying I'm not Canadian or welcome here in my own country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceful Forever View Post
You come to Canada, you should respect the laws and culture of the country. Muslims should know how it feels like being a minority now just like Christians feel in the Middle East and Islamic nations. Perhaps why not tax non-Christians also? Anyone heard of Jizya where non-Muslims must pay extra tax for not believe in muhammad and allah!!
What are you talking about? I don't see Muslims burning Canadian flags or denouncing our values. I see them in my building, in my community, shopping at the malls, watching hockey games, etc, doing all of the things that Canadians typically do. When they break our laws they are punished same as everyone else. And I'm sure most of them know how it feels to be a minority, thank you very much.

And no, let's not act like other countries and persecute people based on their religious affiliations or cultural backgrounds. There are compounds in Michigan and Montana where people think this way; maybe you would be happier there?

Old 09-18-2013, 08:02 PM

5,695 posts, read 6,551,110 times
^^Jews for Jesus is obviously using reverse psychology in an effort to drum up support for Islam whilst pretending to be pro-Christian.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:51 PM
pdw

1,473 posts, read 1,968,749 times
Honestly this kind of double standard with regards to religion makes me sick. I'm a Christian, but I don't think it's fair to discriminate against other people just because they're not. Religion symbols shouldn't be confined to certain places deemed "appropriate". That kind of state of mind is authoritarian and has no place in a democratic society like Canada.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:33 PM

29 posts, read 35,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Honestly this kind of double standard with regards to religion makes me sick. I'm a Christian, but I don't think it's fair to discriminate against other people just because they're not. Religion symbols shouldn't be confined to certain places deemed "appropriate". That kind of state of mind is authoritarian and has no place in a democratic society like Canada.
You are false Christian who accept Christian persecution by tolerating the intolerant. You need to start defending your faith!
Jews have killed your Christ, and Muslims kill Christians in the Middle East and destroy churches, yet you want them to live like kings in Canada.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:19 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,703,558 times
We need a Charter of Values Canada-wide.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:29 AM

34,461 posts, read 41,580,248 times
Will the Canadian Charter of rights and freedoms suffice?.
Constitution Acts, 1867 to 1982

Old 09-19-2013, 12:57 AM

2,187 posts, read 1,760,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
From the Charter:

Quote:
52. (1) The Constitution of Canada is the supreme law of Canada, and any law that is inconsistent with the provisions of the Constitution is, to the extent of the inconsistency, of no force or effect.
So, prima facie, the Quebec Charter of Values would be of no force and effect, based on the religious freedoms provision of Charter s. 2(a).

That being said, Quebec could use the Notwithstanding Clause (s. 33 of the Charter) to opt out of the religious freedoms clause (s. 2 (a) of the Charter). So it is possible that if Quebec passes its proposed Charter and uses s. 33 to opt out, the Charter of Quebec Values could become law.

Whether it does or not, seems to be yet to be decided. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:04 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,703,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
No.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:09 AM

34,461 posts, read 41,580,248 times
What would you like to see in a Canadian Charter of Values that isnt addressed in the in the
Canadian Charter of rights and freedoms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or