Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 07:27 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,533,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I don't know what it is about Ozpharmer and Toronto.. He reads some negative things about Toronto from some quarters and thinks that it just how it is.. That is how it is for the some quarters who have a beef but its not necessarily reflective of everyone or even the quiet majority.
I haven't found the people in Toronto to be any less friendly or ruder than in Vancouver. People still say " thank you" " sorry " " excuse me " etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 11:16 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,013,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I don't know what it is about Ozpharmer and Toronto.. He reads some negative things about Toronto from some quarters and thinks that it just how it is.. That is how it is for the some quarters who have a beef but its not necessarily reflective of everyone or even the quiet majority.
??? Well, I have no idea what it is with YOU to misjudge that I am generalizing everyone from "The Big Apple of The Great Whiteass North" to be like that. I've never even implied that in my comments.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:47 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
??? Well, I have no idea what it is with YOU to misjudge that I am generalizing everyone from "The Big Apple of The Great Whiteass(or -arse) North" to be like that. I've never even implied that in my comments.
Ha - right there with the sarcasm - The Big Apple of the Great Whiteass North just proves my point..

you've done the same in the Toronto forum as well by posting a link to a competitor site with some snarky comments from posters with a gripe about Toronto (people with a beef always complain and you'll get that with any city).

Another example here in the Toronto forum.. Instead of posing the question - how is dating in other cities in Canada - you add the comment are they 'just as bad' as Toronto just assuming it is bad. You needed to go out of your way to post such drivel.

Why is dating so awful here and what is wrong with men in Toronto?

Here you are in the Vancouver forum when some posters were taking about unfriendly and cold Vancouverites and people from the pnw in general - you posed the question - if we took out the word Vancouver and replaced it with Toronto would we get the same answer? Nobody was even talking about Toronto which is 1000's of km's away from either Vancouver and Seattle (places people were discussing). Oddly enough you asked someone who wasn't even from Toronto or lives in Toronto about Toronto not even in the Toronto forum whose name is Mini-apple-less.... You have a knack for doing that - asking people about it who don't even live here or only asking people who complain about it.

Is Vancouver socially isolating?

Last edited by fusion2; 10-12-2015 at 12:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada